3dot10, Who’s playing the client?

Jerome Peace
3dot10, Who’s playing the client?

Ralphs response to my 3dot10 wrapup? question left the
completion of 3dot10 up in the air.

Ralph:
The beta phase will be indefinite.
We'll end it when either a new
team gets announced or we get sick of it,
whichever comes first.
I hope the board will rescue us.

See:
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2007-July/118345.html

I know the board meets soon. I am hoping they can
appoint someone to take on the role of 3dot10 client
and define when it is “complete”.

A lot of squeak releases have draged on until the
sickness of the release team forces them to the role
of client. This never ends well for the release.

I hope the board will be wise and responsible and
appoint someone to the client role.

Thank you for your consideration.

Re: 3dot10, Who’s playing the client?

Ralph Johnson
On 7/15/07, Jerome Peace <[hidden email]> wrote:
> 3dot10, Who's playing the client?

What do you mean by "client"?

-Ralph

re: 3dot10, Who’s playing the client?

ccrraaiigg

Hi Jerome--

> I know the board meets soon. I am hoping they can appoint someone to
> take on the role of 3dot10 client and define when it is “complete”.

     Are you volunteering?

     thanks,

-C

--
Craig Latta
improvisational musical informaticist

Re: 3dot10, Who’s playing the client?

Colin Putney

On Jul 15, 2007, at 1:14 PM, Ralph Johnson wrote:

> On 7/15/07, Jerome Peace <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> 3dot10, Who's playing the client?
>
> What do you mean by "client"?

"Customer" maybe?