4.0 in Debian

Bert Freudenberg

José submitted 4.0.3.2202 to Debian. There are build failures on some platforms (see below), but yay!

Anyone interested in packaging Squeak for Linux (in particular Debian and Ubuntu), please join the list at

http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-squeak/

- Bert -

Begin forwarded message:

> [...]

> * Suite: unstable
> * Builder: mundy.debian.org
> * Build log: https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=squeak-vm&arch=ia64&ver=1%3A4.0.3.2202-1&stamp=1271356571&file=log
>
> Please note that these notifications do not necessarily mean bug reports
> in your package but could also be caused by other packages, temporary
> uninstallabilities and arch-specific breakages.  A look at the build log
> despite this disclaimer would be appreciated however.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Debian buildds <[hidden email]>
> Date: 15. April 2010 20:45:21 MESZ
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: failed s390 build of squeak-vm 1:4.0.3.2202-1
>
> * Source package: squeak-vm
> * Version: 1:4.0.3.2202-1
> * Architecture: s390
> * State: failed
> * Suite: unstable
> * Builder: debian-31.osdl.marist.edu
> * Build log: https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=squeak-vm&arch=s390&ver=1%3A4.0.3.2202-1&stamp=1271356366&file=log
>
> Please note that these notifications do not necessarily mean bug reports
> in your package but could also be caused by other packages, temporary
> uninstallabilities and arch-specific breakages.  A look at the build log
> despite this disclaimer would be appreciated however.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Debian buildds <[hidden email]>
> Date: 15. April 2010 21:45:04 MESZ
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: failed armel build of squeak-vm 1:4.0.3.2202-1
>
> * Source package: squeak-vm
> * Version: 1:4.0.3.2202-1
> * Architecture: armel
> * State: failed
> * Suite: unstable
> * Builder: argento.debian.org
> * Build log: https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=squeak-vm&arch=armel&ver=1%3A4.0.3.2202-1&stamp=1271359985&file=log
>
> Please note that these notifications do not necessarily mean bug reports
> in your package but could also be caused by other packages, temporary
> uninstallabilities and arch-specific breakages.  A look at the build log
> despite this disclaimer would be appreciated however.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Debian buildds <[hidden email]>
> Date: 15. April 2010 20:45:04 MESZ
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: failed hppa build of squeak-vm 1:4.0.3.2202-1
>
> * Source package: squeak-vm
> * Version: 1:4.0.3.2202-1
> * Architecture: hppa
> * State: failed
> * Suite: unstable
> * Builder: peri.debian.org
> * Build log: https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=squeak-vm&arch=hppa&ver=1%3A4.0.3.2202-1&stamp=1271356304&file=log
>
> Please note that these notifications do not necessarily mean bug reports
> in your package but could also be caused by other packages, temporary
> uninstallabilities and arch-specific breakages.  A look at the build log
> despite this disclaimer would be appreciated however.

Re: 4.0 in Debian

Bert Freudenberg

I only now looked at the actual build failures. Seems to be unrelated to the actual VM building so far, it's about missing png files.

Still, seeing the lot of architectures it's being built on is awesome :)

- Bert -

On 15.04.2010, at 22:12, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> [...]

> despite this disclaimer would be appreciated however.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Debian buildds <[hidden email]>
> Date: 16. April 2010 09:30:07 MESZ
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: failed mips build of squeak-vm 1:4.0.3.2202-1
>
> * Source package: squeak-vm
> * Version: 1:4.0.3.2202-1
> * Architecture: mips
> * State: failed
> * Suite: unstable
> * Builder: ball.debian.org
> * Build log: https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=squeak-vm&arch=mips&ver=1%3A4.0.3.2202-1&stamp=1271402544&file=log
>
> Please note that these notifications do not necessarily mean bug reports
> in your package but could also be caused by other packages, temporary
> uninstallabilities and arch-specific breakages.  A look at the build log
> despite this disclaimer would be appreciated however.

José "L. Redrejo" Rodríguez

El vie, 16-04-2010 a las 12:35 +0200, Bert Freudenberg escribió:
> I only now looked at the actual build failures. Seems to be unrelated to the actual VM building so far, it's about missing png files.
>
> Still, seeing the lot of architectures it's being built on is awesome :)

Yes, there's a problem with quilt patching in those archs. It doesn't
apply the needed patches. I'll investigate it this weekend, it shouldn't
be hard to fix.

Regards.

> [...]
> > despite this disclaimer would be appreciated however.
> >
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> > From: Debian buildds <[hidden email]>
> > Date: 16. April 2010 09:30:07 MESZ
> > To: [hidden email]
> > Subject: failed mips build of squeak-vm 1:4.0.3.2202-1
> >
> > * Source package: squeak-vm
> > * Version: 1:4.0.3.2202-1
> > * Architecture: mips
> > * State: failed
> > * Suite: unstable
> > * Builder: ball.debian.org
> > * Build log: https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=squeak-vm&arch=mips&ver=1%3A4.0.3.2202-1&stamp=1271402544&file=log
> >
> > Please note that these notifications do not necessarily mean bug reports
> > in your package but could also be caused by other packages, temporary
> > uninstallabilities and arch-specific breakages.  A look at the build log
> > despite this disclaimer would be appreciated however.

El vie, 16-04-2010 a las 13:42 +0200, José L. Redrejo Rodríguez
escribió:

> El vie, 16-04-2010 a las 12:35 +0200, Bert Freudenberg escribió:
> > I only now looked at the actual build failures. Seems to be unrelated to the actual VM building so far, it's about missing png files.
> >
> > Still, seeing the lot of architectures it's being built on is awesome :)
> >

> Yes, there's a problem with quilt patching in those archs. It doesn't
> apply the needed patches. I'll investigate it this weekend, it shouldn't
> be hard to fix.
>
> Regards.

It's already fixed. Now it's going ok in all archs, except in freebsd
machines where alsa is not available.

https://buildd.debian.org/pkg.cgi?pkg=squeak-vm

Regards

On 17.04.2010, at 21:42, José L. Redrejo Rodríguez wrote:

> El vie, 16-04-2010 a las 13:42 +0200, José L. Redrejo Rodríguez
> escribió:
>> El vie, 16-04-2010 a las 12:35 +0200, Bert Freudenberg escribió:
>>> I only now looked at the actual build failures. Seems to be unrelated to the actual VM building so far, it's about missing png files.
>>>
>>> Still, seeing the lot of architectures it's being built on is awesome :)
>>>

>> Yes, there's a problem with quilt patching in those archs. It doesn't
>> apply the needed patches. I'll investigate it this weekend, it shouldn't
>> be hard to fix.
>>
>> Regards.
>>

> It's already fixed.

Yay :)

> Now it's going ok in all archs, except in freebsd
> machines where alsa is not available.
>
> https://buildd.debian.org/pkg.cgi?pkg=squeak-vm
>
> Regards

So, are you going to remove libasound2-dev from build-depends, or should we fix the ALSA plugin? Apparently it is just a differing struct definition:

[100%] Building C object vm-sound-ALSA/CMakeFiles/vm-sound-ALSA.dir/build/buildd-squeak-vm_4.0.3.2202-2-kfreebsd-amd64-wP7nbu/squeak-vm-4.0.3.2202/unix/vm-sound-ALSA/sqUnixSoundALSA.c.o
/build/buildd-squeak-vm_4.0.3.2202-2-kfreebsd-amd64-wP7nbu/squeak-vm-4.0.3.2202/unix/vm-sound-ALSA/sqUnixSoundALSA.c: In function 'sound_Start':
/build/buildd-squeak-vm_4.0.3.2202-2-kfreebsd-amd64-wP7nbu/squeak-vm-4.0.3.2202/unix/vm-sound-ALSA/sqUnixSoundALSA.c:111: warning: the address of 'hwparams' will always evaluate as 'true'
/build/buildd-squeak-vm_4.0.3.2202-2-kfreebsd-amd64-wP7nbu/squeak-vm-4.0.3.2202/unix/vm-sound-ALSA/sqUnixSoundALSA.c:122: warning: the address of 'swparams' will always evaluate as 'true'
/build/buildd-squeak-vm_4.0.3.2202-2-kfreebsd-amd64-wP7nbu/squeak-vm-4.0.3.2202/unix/vm-sound-ALSA/sqUnixSoundALSA.c: In function 'sound_StartRecording':
/build/buildd-squeak-vm_4.0.3.2202-2-kfreebsd-amd64-wP7nbu/squeak-vm-4.0.3.2202/unix/vm-sound-ALSA/sqUnixSoundALSA.c:273: warning: the address of 'hwparams' will always evaluate as 'true'
/build/buildd-squeak-vm_4.0.3.2202-2-kfreebsd-amd64-wP7nbu/squeak-vm-4.0.3.2202/unix/vm-sound-ALSA/sqUnixSoundALSA.c:284: warning: the address of 'swparams' will always evaluate as 'true'
/build/buildd-squeak-vm_4.0.3.2202-2-kfreebsd-amd64-wP7nbu/squeak-vm-4.0.3.2202/unix/vm-sound-ALSA/sqUnixSoundALSA.c: In function 'mixer_open':
/build/buildd-squeak-vm_4.0.3.2202-2-kfreebsd-amd64-wP7nbu/squeak-vm-4.0.3.2202/unix/vm-sound-ALSA/sqUnixSoundALSA.c:340: error: 'struct snd_mixer_selem_regopt' has no member named 'device'
/build/buildd-squeak-vm_4.0.3.2202-2-kfreebsd-amd64-wP7nbu/squeak-vm-4.0.3.2202/unix/vm-sound-ALSA/sqUnixSoundALSA.c:341: warning: the address of 'sid' will always evaluate as 'true'
make[3]: *** [vm-sound-ALSA/CMakeFiles/vm-sound-ALSA.dir/build/buildd-squeak-vm_4.0.3.2202-2-kfreebsd-amd64-wP7nbu/squeak-vm-4.0.3.2202/unix/vm-sound-ALSA/sqUnixSoundALSA.c.o] Error 1

- Bert -

Re: 4.0 in Debian

Bert Freudenberg

On 18.04.2010, at 12:42, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On 17.04.2010, at 21:42, José L. Redrejo Rodríguez wrote:
>>
>> El vie, 16-04-2010 a las 13:42 +0200, José L. Redrejo Rodríguez
>> escribió:

>>> Yes, there's a problem with quilt patching in those archs. It doesn't
>>> apply the needed patches. I'll investigate it this weekend, it shouldn't
>>> be hard to fix.
>>>
>>> Regards.
>>>

>> It's already fixed.
>

> Yay :)
>

>> Now it's going ok in all archs, except in freebsd
>> machines where alsa is not available.

Looks like hppa failed too ...

https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=squeak-vm&arch=hppa&ver=1%3A4.0.3.2202-2&stamp=1271541510&file=log

[ 72%] Building C object CMakeFiles/squeakvm.dir/vm/sqUnixMain.c.o
/build/buildd-squeak-vm_4.0.3.2202-2-hppa-IdgYjF/squeak-vm-4.0.3.2202/unix/vm/sqUnixMain.c: In function 'initTimers':
/build/buildd-squeak-vm_4.0.3.2202-2-hppa-IdgYjF/squeak-vm-4.0.3.2202/unix/vm/sqUnixMain.c:156: error: 'struct sigaction' has no member named 'sa_restorer'
/build/buildd-squeak-vm_4.0.3.2202-2-hppa-IdgYjF/squeak-vm-4.0.3.2202/unix/vm/sqUnixMain.c:212:1: warning: "/*" within comment
/build/buildd-squeak-vm_4.0.3.2202-2-hppa-IdgYjF/squeak-vm-4.0.3.2202/unix/vm/sqUnixMain.c: In function 'pathCopyAbs':
/build/buildd-squeak-vm_4.0.3.2202-2-hppa-IdgYjF/squeak-vm-4.0.3.2202/unix/vm/sqUnixMain.c:260: warning: value computed is not used
/build/buildd-squeak-vm_4.0.3.2202-2-hppa-IdgYjF/squeak-vm-4.0.3.2202/unix/vm/sqUnixMain.c: In function 'ioRelinquishProcessorForMicroseconds':
/build/buildd-squeak-vm_4.0.3.2202-2-hppa-IdgYjF/squeak-vm-4.0.3.2202/unix/vm/sqUnixMain.c:498: warning: implicit declaration of function 'setInterruptCheckCounter'
/build/buildd-squeak-vm_4.0.3.2202-2-hppa-IdgYjF/squeak-vm-4.0.3.2202/unix/vm/sqUnixMain.c: In function 'sigsegv':
/build/buildd-squeak-vm_4.0.3.2202-2-hppa-IdgYjF/squeak-vm-4.0.3.2202/unix/vm/sqUnixMain.c:685: warning: implicit declaration of function 'printCallStack'
/build/buildd-squeak-vm_4.0.3.2202-2-hppa-IdgYjF/squeak-vm-4.0.3.2202/unix/vm/sqUnixMain.c: In function 'vm_parseArgument':
/build/buildd-squeak-vm_4.0.3.2202-2-hppa-IdgYjF/squeak-vm-4.0.3.2202/unix/vm/sqUnixMain.c:1076: warning: implicit declaration of function 'toupper'
make[3]: *** [CMakeFiles/squeakvm.dir/vm/sqUnixMain.c.o] Error 1

- Bert -