4.5 update

Chris Muller-4
RC3 has withstood 5 days of application testing onslaught with nary a
couple of preference quibbles.

If, by next weekend (Feb 16th) we don't find anything else, I'll make
an RC4 with those prefs set which we'll consider as the final release.
 We should be able to start up regular trunk development again.  In
the unlikely event we find something else after RC4, we could post a
patch to 'squeak45' repository.

The plan is to put out RC4 as the official release sometime during the
last week in February.

This is your release.  If you have any questions or comments, please speak up.

Re: 4.5 update

Frank Shearar-3
On 9 February 2014 18:15, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> RC3 has withstood 5 days of application testing onslaught with nary a
> couple of preference quibbles.
>
> If, by next weekend (Feb 16th) we don't find anything else, I'll make
> an RC4 with those prefs set which we'll consider as the final release.

Sounds good to me!

frank

Re: 4.5 update

Bert Freudenberg
On 09.02.2014, at 19:15, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> RC3 has withstood 5 days of application testing onslaught with nary a
> couple of preference quibbles.
>
> If, by next weekend (Feb 16th) we don't find anything else, I'll make
> an RC4 with those prefs set which we'll consider as the final release.
> We should be able to start up regular trunk development again.  In
> the unlikely event we find something else after RC4, we could post a
> patch to 'squeak45' repository.
>
> The plan is to put out RC4 as the official release sometime during the
> last week in February.
>
> This is your release.
Awesome :)

>  If you have any questions or comments, please speak up.

- Bert -

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: 4.5 update

Eliot Miranda-2
Sounds great!  Thanks ( from a cold and wet dockside in half moon bay).

Eliot (phone)

On Feb 9, 2014, at 10:15 AM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> RC3 has withstood 5 days of application testing onslaught with nary a
> couple of preference quibbles.
>
> If, by next weekend (Feb 16th) we don't find anything else, I'll make
> an RC4 with those prefs set which we'll consider as the final release.
> We should be able to start up regular trunk development again.  In
> the unlikely event we find something else after RC4, we could post a
> patch to 'squeak45' repository.
>
> The plan is to put out RC4 as the official release sometime during the
> last week in February.
>
> This is your release.  If you have any questions or comments, please speak up.

Re: 4.5 update

marcel.taeumel (old)
Great! :)

Just noticed: Some package repositories seem to point to squeak44 url, e.g. Morphic.

Best,
Marcel

Re: 4.5 update

Chris Muller-3
Thanks for the report, those should be fixed.

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 5:48 AM, Marcel Taeumel
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Great! :)
>
> Just noticed: Some package repositories seem to point to squeak44 url, e.g.
> Morphic.
>
> Best,
> Marcel

Re: 4.5 update

marcel.taeumel (old)
The preamble script for the Compiler package is broken:

"Make sure closures are initialized before starting to use them"
Utilities initializeClosures.

There is no #initializeClosures in the system. :)

Best,
Marcel

Re: 4.5 update

Chris Muller-3
Wow, that's an issue in 4.4 too.  Why hasn't this been blowing up?
When do preamble scripts run?

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 3:34 AM, Marcel Taeumel
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> The preamble script for the Compiler package is broken:
>
> "Make sure closures are initialized before starting to use them"
> Utilities initializeClosures.
>
> There is no #initializeClosures in the system. :)
>
> Best,
> Marcel

Re: 4.5 update

Bert Freudenberg

On 13.02.2014, at 16:56, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Wow, that's an issue in 4.4 too.  Why hasn't this been blowing up?
> When do preamble scripts run?

Like any other MC definition: when they are changed.

- Bert -