40th Anniversary of the Dynabook

Brad Fuller-2
All,

Alan, Chuck, Mary Lou and Steve did a fabulous job at the Computer
History Museum's program last night. Insightful and educational as
always. Alan, will you make your Squeak project available for us to review?

I noticed that they were videotaping, so I assume the video will be
available on the CHM youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/computerhistory

Thanks to all that made it possible!

best,
brad

Re: 40th Anniversary of the Dynabook

Kim Rose-2
HI, Brad -

Sorry for delay in response.  I am checking with the Computer History
Museum now to see if Alan's talk and the panel following it were
indeed recorded.  I'll send info on where one might watch once I
receive a response.

cheers,
Kim

On Nov 6, 2008, at 4:21 PM, Brad Fuller wrote:

> All,
>
> Alan, Chuck, Mary Lou and Steve did a fabulous job at the Computer
> History Museum's program last night. Insightful and educational as
> always. Alan, will you make your Squeak project available for us to
> review?
>
> I noticed that they were videotaping, so I assume the video will be
> available on the CHM youtube channel:
> http://www.youtube.com/computerhistory
>
> Thanks to all that made it possible!
>
> best,
> brad

Re: 40th Anniversary of the Dynabook

Jecel Assumpcao Jr
Kim Rose wrote on Wed, 12 Nov 2008 13:35:31 -0800
> Sorry for delay in response.  I am checking with the Computer History
> Museum now to see if Alan's talk and the panel following it were
> indeed recorded.  I'll send info on where one might watch once I
> receive a response.

Practically every talk at the Computer History Museum for the last few
years has been filmed and then released to the general public. Normally
there is a delay of a week or two but sometimes it even takes a few
months.

You can see the previous events and the movies available for download in
various formats at:

http://www.computerhistory.org/events/index.php?view=previous&section=ca
lendar

Recently they have been adding their movies to YouTube instead or in
addition to the above page:

http://www.youtube.com/computerhistory

Meanwhile, here are some very nice pictures from the event:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mwichary/sets/72157608728121015/

Cheers,
-- Jecel

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 1:35 PM, Kim Rose <[hidden email]> wrote:
> HI, Brad -
>
> Sorry for delay in response.  I am checking with the Computer History Museum
> now to see if Alan's talk and the panel following it were indeed recorded.
>  I'll send info on where one might watch once I receive a response.

The event is now on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQg4LquY0uU

> On Nov 6, 2008, at 4:21 PM, Brad Fuller wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> Alan, Chuck, Mary Lou and Steve did a fabulous job at the Computer
>> History Museum's program last night. Insightful and educational as
>> always. Alan, will you make your Squeak project available for us to
>> review?
>>
>> I noticed that they were videotaping, so I assume the video will be
>> available on the CHM youtube channel:
>> http://www.youtube.com/computerhistory
>>
>> Thanks to all that made it possible!
>>
>> best,
>> brad

Brad Fuller

Re: 40th Anniversary of the Dynabook

Bill Kerr
http://billkerr2.blogspot.com/2008/12/alan-kay-after-40-years-dynabook-is-not.html

I have transcribed a section of Alan Kay's recent presentation marking "40 years anniversary of the dynabook" because I see it as an important contribution to ongoing discussions about the significance and prospects for the XO, or OLPC