5.2 announcement and link to release notes

5.2 announcement and link to release notes

Chris Muller-3
Hi all,

While 5.2 is still hot off the press, we should let the world know at
squeak.org.  There is only the link to the new bundles, but no other
mention of 5.2, when I click on "News" the newest entry is from last
February.

I still haven't seen the release notes, but I'm about to go hunting on
the swiki for them.

 - Chris

Re: 5.2 announcement and link to release notes

fniephaus

On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 at 9:21 pm, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

While 5.2 is still hot off the press, we should let the world know at
squeak.org.  There is only the link to the new bundles, but no other
mention of 5.2, when I click on "News" the newest entry is from last
February.

+1 for a news post

I still haven't seen the release notes, but I'm about to go hunting on
the swiki for them.

release notes are linked on the webseite (next to the download button). Feel free to copy them over to swiki.

Fabio

 - Chris

Re: 5.2 announcement and link to release notes

Hannes Hirzel
On 10/16/18, Fabio Niephaus <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 at 9:21 pm, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> While 5.2 is still hot off the press, we should let the world know at
>> squeak.org.  There is only the link to the new bundles, but no other
>> mention of 5.2, when I click on "News" the newest entry is from last
>> February.

> +1 for a news post
>

>> I still haven't seen the release notes, but I'm about to go hunting on
>> the swiki for them.

Are you looking for this
Squeak 5.2 Release Notes
Last updated at 8:27 pm UTC on 11 October 2018
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6599

?

--Hannes