5.2 maintenance release

Chris Muller-3
Fabio wrote:

> Sure, we could do another release in the next few days, but I would
> probably rename the current one to 5.2a on the website and call
> the new one 5.2b instead of 5.2.1 (just like 4.5a and 4.5b). Both would
> live as 5.2 bundles at [1] but with different update levels.
>
> Thoughts? When shall we do this? This Sunday maybe?

Chronology-Core-cmm.15 and PreferencesBrowser-eem.84 have been copied
to the /squeak52 repository.  So existing 5.2 users can click "Update
Squeak" and get those patches.  Is that fine for building the new
image Fabio?

Re: 5.2 maintenance release

fniephaus

On Sat, Oct 20, 2018 at 10:03 PM Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
Fabio wrote:

> Sure, we could do another release in the next few days, but I would
> probably rename the current one to 5.2a on the website and call
> the new one 5.2b instead of 5.2.1 (just like 4.5a and 4.5b). Both would
> live as 5.2 bundles at [1] but with different update levels.
>
> Thoughts? When shall we do this? This Sunday maybe?

Chronology-Core-cmm.15 and PreferencesBrowser-eem.84 have been copied
to the /squeak52 repository.  So existing 5.2 users can click "Update
Squeak" and get those patches.  Is that fine for building the new
image Fabio?

Yes, that's perfect. Thanks! If there are any other packages, please copy them to
/squeak52 within the next 20 hours.

@Eliot: I will also update the VMs to the latest OSVM 201810190412 [1].

Fabio

Re: 5.2 maintenance release

Levente Uzonyi
Hi Chris,

So, Chronology-Core-cmm.15 is present in the squeak52 repository, but it
is not in the Trunk. I'm about to push a change that requires a new
monticello configuration, and that move will persist this divergence
unless that package is added to the Trunk before the new .mcm file is
created.
Do you plan to add that package to the Trunk too?

Levente

On Sat, 20 Oct 2018, Chris Muller wrote:

> Fabio wrote:
>
>> Sure, we could do another release in the next few days, but I would
>> probably rename the current one to 5.2a on the website and call
>> the new one 5.2b instead of 5.2.1 (just like 4.5a and 4.5b). Both would
>> live as 5.2 bundles at [1] but with different update levels.
>>
>> Thoughts? When shall we do this? This Sunday maybe?
>
> Chronology-Core-cmm.15 and PreferencesBrowser-eem.84 have been copied
> to the /squeak52 repository.  So existing 5.2 users can click "Update
> Squeak" and get those patches.  Is that fine for building the new
> image Fabio?

Re: 5.2 maintenance release

Chris Muller-4
Yes, that was always the plan, once it's in 5.2 it absolutely needs to
be in trunk.  I was just waiting until the last minute when we
actually produced the new 5.2[.1 | b] image to be sure there were no
final review critiques.  Since there aren't and you're ready to move
trunk forward, I just now went ahead and moved it to trunk.

Best,
  Chris
On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 12:51 PM Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> So, Chronology-Core-cmm.15 is present in the squeak52 repository, but it
> is not in the Trunk. I'm about to push a change that requires a new
> monticello configuration, and that move will persist this divergence
> unless that package is added to the Trunk before the new .mcm file is
> created.
> Do you plan to add that package to the Trunk too?
>
> Levente
>
> On Sat, 20 Oct 2018, Chris Muller wrote:
>
> > Fabio wrote:
> >
> >> Sure, we could do another release in the next few days, but I would
> >> probably rename the current one to 5.2a on the website and call
> >> the new one 5.2b instead of 5.2.1 (just like 4.5a and 4.5b). Both would
> >> live as 5.2 bundles at [1] but with different update levels.
> >>
> >> Thoughts? When shall we do this? This Sunday maybe?
> >
> > Chronology-Core-cmm.15 and PreferencesBrowser-eem.84 have been copied
> > to the /squeak52 repository.  So existing 5.2 users can click "Update
> > Squeak" and get those patches.  Is that fine for building the new
> > image Fabio?

Re: 5.2 maintenance release

fniephaus
Hi all,

I've generated new 5.2 bundles. You can find them at:

Please check that the packages are correct and that the VM works on your platform(s).
The bat launch script shipping with the all-in-ones has also been updated to avoid the
CMD window on Windows.
If everything's ok, I will update the website accordingly.

Best,
Fabio

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 8:06 PM Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, that was always the plan, once it's in 5.2 it absolutely needs to
be in trunk.  I was just waiting until the last minute when we
actually produced the new 5.2[.1 | b] image to be sure there were no
final review critiques.  Since there aren't and you're ready to move
trunk forward, I just now went ahead and moved it to trunk.

Best,
  Chris
On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 12:51 PM Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> So, Chronology-Core-cmm.15 is present in the squeak52 repository, but it
> is not in the Trunk. I'm about to push a change that requires a new
> monticello configuration, and that move will persist this divergence
> unless that package is added to the Trunk before the new .mcm file is
> created.
> Do you plan to add that package to the Trunk too?
>
> Levente
>
> On Sat, 20 Oct 2018, Chris Muller wrote:
>
> > Fabio wrote:
> >
> >> Sure, we could do another release in the next few days, but I would
> >> probably rename the current one to 5.2a on the website and call
> >> the new one 5.2b instead of 5.2.1 (just like 4.5a and 4.5b). Both would
> >> live as 5.2 bundles at [1] but with different update levels.
> >>
> >> Thoughts? When shall we do this? This Sunday maybe?
> >
> > Chronology-Core-cmm.15 and PreferencesBrowser-eem.84 have been copied
> > to the /squeak52 repository.  So existing 5.2 users can click "Update
> > Squeak" and get those patches.  Is that fine for building the new
> > image Fabio?

[ANN] Squeak 5.2 maintenance release

fniephaus
Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce that the Squeak 5.2 maintenance release is ready:

The update level is 18225, the VMs are version 201810190412.
The website has also been updated accordingly.

Best,
Fabio