[5.3] merge squeak scripts request

Robert Withers-2

I have 2 scripts to launch squeak. One came from the 5.3 release, named
'squeak'. The other is from somewhere, named 'squeak.sh' which supports
a file dialog to request the image to run.

I have attached the 2 scripts. I was hoping someone could merge the file
selection, from 'squeak.sh', into the 5.3 script, 'squeak'.

tyk, r

squeak.sh (4K) Download Attachment
squeak (2K) Download Attachment

Re: [5.3] merge squeak scripts request

fniephaus

Hi Robert,

IIRC we removed the file dialog from the script we use in Squeak
bundles because it wasn't compatible with all kinds of Linux distros.
The file you're looking at is probably derived from [1]. Feel free to
propose changes, if you think it makes sense.

Fabio

[1] https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/blob/Cog/platforms/unix/config/squeak.sh.in

On Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 2:06 PM Robert <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  I have 2 scripts to launch squeak. One came from the 5.3 release, named
> 'squeak'. The other is from somewhere, named 'squeak.sh' which supports
> a file dialog to request the image to run.
>
> I have attached the 2 scripts. I was hoping someone could merge the file
> selection, from 'squeak.sh', into the 5.3 script, 'squeak'.
>
> tyk, r

Re: [5.3] merge squeak scripts request

Robert Withers-2

Thanks, Fabio, I'm a tad baffled looking at them. Perhaps I will dive
in, later, but crypto comes first. I was hoping someone would say, I got
this.

k, r