4 messages Options
tty
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

5 years since i compiled a vm...

tty

Hi all

Should I use the 6.0 alpha platform for doing the VMMaker thing?

Also my notes on the workflow are from about 5 years ago, do we have updated workflow at cogblog or elsewhere? Or am i good to go with the old school mojo?

OpenGL library issues may be at plugin level, so I figure best to dive back into the bloody guts of the stuff so I can get OpenGL running on my 64bit machine.

Thx in advance

p.s glad you ditched the cmake. I lerarned to hate it attempting that cmake generation project

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 5 years since i compiled a vm...

marcel.taeumel

Hi Timothy!

Since we have CI, you can do exactly what the CI does to build the VM. :-) Just go to https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm and read the README.md to get started. There are also "HowToBuild" files in build.* directories. 

VMMaker setup scripts are here:

Best,
Marcel

Am 20.05.2020 22:35:37 schrieb gettimothy <[hidden email]>:

Hi all

Also my notes on the workflow are from about 5 years ago, do we have updated workflow at cogblog or elsewhere? Or am i good to go with the old school mojo?

OpenGL library issues may be at plugin level, so I figure best to dive back into the bloody guts of the stuff so I can get OpenGL running on my 64bit machine.

Thx in advance

p.s glad you ditched the cmake. I lerarned to hate it attempting that cmake generation project

Reply | Threaded
|

marcel.taeumel

Note that you do not need to set up VMMaker if you are fine with what you find in the "src*" folders. :-) A recent snapshot of the generated Slang-to-C code is in there.

Best,
Marcel

Am 21.05.2020 18:39:02 schrieb Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]>:

Hi Timothy!

Since we have CI, you can do exactly what the CI does to build the VM. :-) Just go to https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm and read the README.md to get started. There are also "HowToBuild" files in build.* directories. 

Best,
Marcel

Hi all

Thx in advance

tty
Reply | Threaded
|

tty

Thank you!

---- On Thu, 21 May 2020 12:40:23 -0400 Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote ----

Note that you do not need to set up VMMaker if you are fine with what you find in the "src*" folders. :-) A recent snapshot of the generated Slang-to-C code is in there.

Best,
Marcel

Am 21.05.2020 18:39:02 schrieb Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]>:

Hi Timothy!

Best,
Marcel

Hi all

Thx in advance