64-bit Linux computer

Brad Fuller-4
What's the best way to run croquet on a 64-bit Linux computer? I downloaded the
SDK and just ran the croquet shell and the text and graphics were hard to read.
I was wondering if this had something to do with 32bit squeak and 64bit opengl.
Does it?

Thanks!

brad
(I searched the archives for 64bit, 64-bit and "64 bit" and found nothing,
which was surprising.)

Re: 64-bit Linux computer

supercarrot
Hard to read, strange thing going on with the transparency?
This sounds to me not like a 64bit problem, but that you are running Compiz. Croquet doesn't like Compiz

2008/10/29 <[hidden email]>
What's the best way to run croquet on a 64-bit Linux computer? I downloaded the
SDK and just ran the croquet shell and the text and graphics were hard to read.
I was wondering if this had something to do with 32bit squeak and 64bit opengl.
Does it?

Thanks!

brad
(I searched the archives for 64bit, 64-bit and "64 bit" and found nothing,
which was surprising.)

Re: 64-bit Linux computer

Brad Fuller-4
On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 12:09 PM, Justin Emmanuel
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hard to read, strange thing going on with the transparency?
> This sounds to me not like a 64bit problem, but that you are running Compiz.
> Croquet doesn't like Compiz

Nope, I'm running gentoo and xfce - no compiz.

However, that reminded me that there is a "compositing" setting in
XFCE ("Window Manager Tweaks" settings manager) and when I turn it
off, the image is fine.

Thanks!

--
Brad Fuller