A Confession

Casey Ransberger
Friends,

Ronald Spengler is a pseudonym. When I came into the community, the
American market had crashed, and engineers were being laid off at even
the most stable companies. I feared that under those circumstances, I
might be marked for spending my weekends on Squeak. Alas: my position
at the company has been eliminated at last, due instead, to
downsizing.

I think now is a good time to finally introduce myself, stripped of
this disguise. I pray you'll forgive my little ruse.

Yours in Fascination and Service,

Casey Ransberger

Re: A Confession

Michael Haupt-3
Hi,

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 7:38 AM, Ronald Spengler <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Ronald Spengler is a pseudonym. ...
>
> Casey Ransberger

how can we be sure? ;-)

scnr,

Michael

Re: A Confession

garduino
Hi Ronald:

Seems that the "corps" are all the same thing (insert here the word
you prefer) around all the world. :)

Germán.

2010/3/7 Michael Haupt <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 7:38 AM, Ronald Spengler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Ronald Spengler is a pseudonym. ...
>>
>> Casey Ransberger
>
> how can we be sure? ;-)
>
> scnr,
>
> Michael

Re: A Confession

Göran Krampe
Hi!

Ronald Spengler wrote:
> Friends,
>
> Ronald Spengler is a pseudonym. When I came into the community, the
[SNIP]
> Yours in Fascination and Service,
>
> Casey Ransberger

I understand the situation, but now that you are a candidate and also
would like to vote - what email address should I use for you on the
voters list?

It would strike me as odd if you continue to use "Ronald Spengler ..."
as sender to squeak-dev.

regards, Göran

Re: A Confession

Casey Ransberger
I've given Göran my personal email for the purposes of voting.
However, I think it makes sense to continue using this email address
([hidden email]) through the Squeak 4.0 release, so as not to
create any confusion about how to reach me. After that I will close
the account and announce an address change.

Thanks for being understanding, folks.

Casey

Ron

Re: A Confession

Göran Krampe
Göran Krampe wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Ronald Spengler wrote:
>> Friends,
>>
>> Ronald Spengler is a pseudonym. When I came into the community, the
> [SNIP]
>> Yours in Fascination and Service,
>>
>> Casey Ransberger
>
> I understand the situation, but now that you are a candidate

Ooops, nope, Casey is not a candidate, my mistake.

regards, Göran

Re: A Confession

Hans-Martin Mosner
sorry for the late reply; I've been catching up on the mailing list
mails slowly...

Ronald Spengler schrieb:
> Ronald Spengler is a pseudonym. When I came into the community, the
> American market had crashed, and engineers were being laid off at even
> the most stable companies. I feared that under those circumstances, I
> might be marked for spending my weekends on Squeak.
This is something that speaks of utter stupidity in the management and
HR departments.
People who engange themselves in fresh and fascinating developments in
their spare time are typically those who are best at understanding and
solving problems.
Sorry to hear that you've been laid off anyway. Seems your little trick
did not work against the effects of stupidity...

Cheers,
Hans-Martin