A Possibly Interesting Link

David Faught
Andreas Raab wrote:
>Avi Bryant wrote:
>> Me too on Safari.  But I can just download the .jar file mentioned and
>> run it, and it works fine.  Cool!
>
>Ah, you're right. Just going to
>
>    http://weather-dimensions.com/Dan/sSqueakOnJava.jar
>
>works fine for me.

I downloaded the .jar file and can use that directly.  I also
downloaded the .jnlp/.xml file and saved it locally to play a bit.  I
was able to get Java Webstart to work locally by changing the .jnlp
file so that the codebase and href point to the .jnlp file, not the
.jar file, i.e.:

<jnlp spec="1.0+"
        codebase="file:///D:/Apps/JavaSqueak/"
        href="ForwardToThePast.jnlp">

I also noticed that if I just close the window with the upper-right X
icon that the java task doesn't go away and continues to loop after
Squeak is gone.

Re: A Possibly Interesting Link

Brad Fuller
David Faught wrote:
> I also noticed that if I just close the window with the upper-right X
> icon that the java task doesn't go away and continues to loop after
> Squeak is gone.

I can confirm this on windows xp.