A browser for some old squeak changesets

A browser for some old squeak changesets

Bob Arning-2
A browser for some old squeak changesets:

http://69.251.218.6:9116/

Cheers,
Bob

Re: A browser for some old squeak changesets

timrowledge

On 29-09-2013, at 2:59 PM, Bob Arning <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A browser for some old squeak changesets:

*Nice*

tim
Useful random insult:- Cackles a lot, but I ain't seen no eggs yet.

tty

Re: A browser for some old squeak changesets

tty
 Is that a Seaside App?

Very interesting.

---- On Sun, 29 Sep 2013 14:59:36 -0700 Bob Arning<[hidden email]> wrote ----

A browser for some old squeak changesets:

http://69.251.218.6:9116/

Cheers,
Bob

Re: A browser for some old squeak changesets

garduino
Interesting!

--
Saludos / Regards,
Germán Arduino

Re: A browser for some old squeak changesets

David T. Lewis
That's really nice!

Dave

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 07:51:05PM -0400, Bob Arning wrote:

> Well, of course!
>

> On 9/29/13 7:17 PM, gettimothy wrote:
> > Is that a Seaside App?
> >
> >Very interesting.

> >---- On Sun, 29 Sep 2013 14:59:36 -0700 *Bob
> >Arning<[hidden email]>* wrote ----
> >
> >    A browser for some old squeak changesets:
> >
> >    http://69.251.218.6:9116/
> >
> >    Cheers,
> >    Bob

Re: A browser for some old squeak changesets

Bob Arning-2
So here's an interesting aside - how long does it usually take to be discovered by the likes of these?

 1->'crawl-66-249-75-199.googlebot.com'
 1->'ec2-54-226-138-196.compute-1.amazonaws.com'

Cheers,
Bob

On 9/29/13 8:25 PM, David T. Lewis wrote:
That's really nice!

Dave

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 07:51:05PM -0400, Bob Arning wrote:
Well, of course!

On 9/29/13 7:17 PM, gettimothy wrote:
Is that a Seaside App?

Very interesting.

---- On Sun, 29 Sep 2013 14:59:36 -0700 *Bob
Arning[hidden email]* wrote ----

   A browser for some old squeak changesets:

   http://69.251.218.6:9116/

   Cheers,
   Bob

Re: A browser for some old squeak changesets

Edgar De Cleene
Re: [squeak-dev] A browser for some old squeak changesets

On 9/29/13 6:59 PM, "Bob Arning" <[hidden email]> wrote:

  A browser for some old squeak changesets:

 http://69.251.218.6:9116/

 Cheers,
 Bob

Like it !
Code for this ?

Edgar

Re: A browser for some old squeak changesets

Bob Arning-2
The code is at

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28914094/OldChangesBrowser.st.gz

it was written in squeak 4.2 with Seaside of the early 3.0 vintage. Let me know if anything is unclear.

Cheers,
Bob

On 9/30/13 5:42 AM, Edgar De Cleene wrote:
Re: [squeak-dev] A browser for some old squeak changesets

On 9/29/13 6:59 PM, "Bob Arning" [hidden email] wrote:

  A browser for some old squeak changesets:

 http://69.251.218.6:9116/

 Cheers,
 Bob

Like it !
Code for this ?

Edgar

Re: A browser for some old squeak changesets

Nicolas Cellier
The search makes it a useful tool indeed, that's great.
The next best thing will be a diff.
As long as I get these for free, why not asking? ;)

2013/9/30 David T. Lewis <[hidden email]>
That's really nice!

Dave

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 07:51:05PM -0400, Bob Arning wrote:
> Well, of course!
>

> On 9/29/13 7:17 PM, gettimothy wrote:
> > Is that a Seaside App?
> >
> >Very interesting.

> >---- On Sun, 29 Sep 2013 14:59:36 -0700 *Bob
> >Arning<[hidden email]>* wrote ----
> >
> >    A browser for some old squeak changesets:
> >
> >    http://69.251.218.6:9116/
> >
> >    Cheers,
> >    Bob

Re: A browser for some old squeak changesets

Nicolas Cellier
Hi Juan, unfortunately rightFlush is broken there too (shrink the about cuis window and start inserting several spaces between words, you'll see some weird behaviour, word floating strangely, selection with arrow keys different from mouse click, etc...).

Also you have small bug that I corrected, like clicking left of window on a centered line put the cursor left of window instead of left of first character.

You have useless lastSpaceOrTabExtent copy that you can remove too.

Otherwise, code seems similar, but that requires a deeper look, evil's in the details.

2013/9/30 Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]>
The search makes it a useful tool indeed, that's great.
The next best thing will be a diff.
As long as I get these for free, why not asking? ;)

2013/9/30 David T. Lewis <[hidden email]>

That's really nice!

Dave

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 07:51:05PM -0400, Bob Arning wrote:
> Well, of course!
>

> On 9/29/13 7:17 PM, gettimothy wrote:
> > Is that a Seaside App?
> >
> >Very interesting.

> >---- On Sun, 29 Sep 2013 14:59:36 -0700 *Bob
> >Arning<[hidden email]>* wrote ----
> >
> >    A browser for some old squeak changesets:
> >
> >    http://69.251.218.6:9116/
> >
> >    Cheers,
> >    Bob

Re: A browser for some old squeak changesets

Chris Muller-3
Bob, this is almost amazing!  I say almost because I couldn't find a
way to download the actual change-set file being browsed.

Who knows what undiscovered gold nuggets could be lying around in
here, just waiting to be harvested and manually integrated into trunk
or someone's project.  Your on-line browser is almost like a
"pre-SqueakSource" SqueakSource; if only the code could have a chance
to be used in the image and not simply browsed on-line..!

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 4:59 PM, Bob Arning <[hidden email]> wrote:
> A browser for some old squeak changesets:
>
> http://69.251.218.6:9116/
>
> Cheers,
> Bob

Re: A browser for some old squeak changesets

Bob Arning-2
Umm... that's all code that *was* in the image at some point - those are just the update changesets from 2001 through 2008. If there is lost code that you'd like to recover from them, I could add a download button or  you could simply grab the change set from http://ftp.squeak.org/updates.

That said, this could easily be expanded to include other changesets that were never part of the image. I may add a few of mine that way to see how it works.

Cheers,
Bob

On 9/30/13 5:15 PM, Chris Muller wrote:
Bob, this is almost amazing!  I say almost because I couldn't find a
way to download the actual change-set file being browsed.

Who knows what undiscovered gold nuggets could be lying around in
here, just waiting to be harvested and manually integrated into trunk
or someone's project.  Your on-line browser is almost like a
"pre-SqueakSource" SqueakSource; if only the code could have a chance
to be used in the image and not simply browsed on-line..!

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 4:59 PM, Bob Arning [hidden email] wrote:
A browser for some old squeak changesets:

http://69.251.218.6:9116/

Cheers,
Bob

Re: A browser for some old squeak changesets

Bob Arning-2
OK, diffs are there

http://69.251.218.6:9116/diffs

a little raw, so treat it gently.

Cheers,
Bob

On 9/30/13 4:09 PM, Nicolas Cellier wrote:
The search makes it a useful tool indeed, that's great.
The next best thing will be a diff.
As long as I get these for free, why not asking? ;)

2013/9/30 David T. Lewis <[hidden email]>
That's really nice!

Dave

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 07:51:05PM -0400, Bob Arning wrote:
> Well, of course!
>

> On 9/29/13 7:17 PM, gettimothy wrote:
> > Is that a Seaside App?
> >
> >Very interesting.

> >---- On Sun, 29 Sep 2013 14:59:36 -0700 *Bob
> >Arning<[hidden email]>* wrote ----
> >
> >    A browser for some old squeak changesets:
> >
> >    http://69.251.218.6:9116/
> >
> >    Cheers,
> >    Bob

Re: A browser for some old squeak changesets

Nicolas Cellier
Thanks! I'm browsing now...