A happy moment.

nacho
Cuis fellows,
This is a non-technical post, but I know you -as Smalltalkers- will understand my joy. I've just received a copy of a book I wanted to have for years; that's "our bible" or "The Blue Book" :)
The timing couldn't be better, Friday, almost 4:00 PM.
The people here at my job gave me a funny look for being so happy after receiving such an "old computer book".
best regards
Nacho

Nacho Smalltalker apprentice. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Re: A happy moment.

garduino
woowwww Congratulations!!!

I felt the same thing when received my purple copy.

Past yesterday I bought an used copy of the Blue, but never arrived to my home.

Enjoy your BB!!

2013/12/13 nacho <[hidden email]>
Cuis fellows,
This is a non-technical post, but I know you -as Smalltalkers- will
understand my joy. I've just received a copy of a book I wanted to have for
years; that's "our bible" or "The Blue Book" :)
The timing couldn't be better, Friday, almost 4:00 PM.
The people here at my job gave me a funny look for being so happy after
receiving such an "old computer book".
best regards
Nacho

<http://forum.world.st/file/n4729960/blue_book.jpg>

-----
Nacho
Smalltalker apprentice.
Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Saludos / Regards,
Germán Arduino
www.arduinosoftware.com

Re: A happy moment.

nacho
Thanks Germán.
Why it didn't arrive?
BTW, who have a very geek surname indeed! :)
best
N.

Lic. Ignacio Sniechowski, MBA

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 4:35 PM, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Nacho

2013/12/13 Ignacio Matías Sniechowski <[hidden email]>
Thanks Germán.
Why it didn't arrive?

I don't know, but the vendor refunded my money with no complaints.
Either way, I wanted the book, no the money :S

[...]

Rent!!?? It's the first time that I hear such thing in books!!

But I want a copy of BB for myself forever :)

2013/12/13 Chris Muller <[hidden email]>

[...]

Wolfgang Eder
hi,
i got mine via

http://used.addall.com/

good luck
kind regards
wolfgang

Re: A happy moment.

garduino
Thanks for the data guys.

Nacho, I think that the problem because I've not received my previous purchase is because we live in Argentina, and you know: custom brokers, customs, afip, puajjjjj....

You received your copy from outside Argentina with no problems?

2013/12/13 Wolfgang Eder <[hidden email]>
hi,
i got mine via

http://used.addall.com/

good luck
kind regards
wolfgang

Saludos / Regards,
Germán Arduino
www.arduinosoftware.com

Re: A happy moment.

Juan Vuletich-4
Cool!

On 12/13/2013 3:45 PM, nacho wrote:

> Cuis fellows,
> This is a non-technical post, but I know you -as Smalltalkers- will
> understand my joy. I've just received a copy of a book I wanted to have for
> years; that's "our bible" or "The Blue Book" :)
> The timing couldn't be better, Friday, almost 4:00 PM.
> The people here at my job gave me a funny look for being so happy after
> receiving such an "old computer book".
> best regards
> Nacho
>
> <http://forum.world.st/file/n4729960/blue_book.jpg>
>

> -----
> Nacho
> Smalltalker apprentice.
> Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Re: A happy moment.

nacho
Yes. I bought it used from Amazon.com.
I had no choice but to choose standard shipping (5 to 7 weeks). It even was delivered to my office. It came kind of unexpected, the order said it was going to be delivered between Dec 24th and Jan 27th. But it arrived today :).

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 9:04 PM, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks for the data guys.

Nacho, I think that the problem because I've not received my previous purchase is because we live in Argentina, and you know: custom brokers, customs, afip, puajjjjj....

You received your copy from outside Argentina with no problems?

2013/12/13 Wolfgang Eder <[hidden email]>
hi,
i got mine via

http://used.addall.com/

good luck
kind regards
wolfgang

Saludos / Regards,
Germán Arduino
www.arduinosoftware.com

Nacho Smalltalker apprentice. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Re: A happy moment.

garduino
Wow, indeed was a good luck.

As, I'm rc model pilot/constructor, use to buy stuff in China and we are having lot of problems to receive the things here. May be with the books is not the same....