A link to launch Squeak ?

Damien Cassou-3
Hi,

for Ubuntu, we would like to get a link on the ubuntu menu to launch
Squeak. I thought about a script which would look like:

- create a ~/.squeak directory if it does not exist yet
- Add image, changes and sources files in ~/.squeak if there are not
present (is this not what inisqueak usually do ?)
- cd to ~/.squeak
- launch squeak with the image

Is it a good idea ?

Re: A link to launch Squeak ?

Hilaire Fernandes-5
Damien Cassou a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> for Ubuntu, we would like to get a link on the ubuntu menu to launch
> Squeak. I thought about a script which would look like:
>
> - create a ~/.squeak directory if it does not exist yet
> - Add image, changes and sources files in ~/.squeak if there are not
> present (is this not what inisqueak usually do ?)
> - cd to ~/.squeak
> - launch squeak with the image
>
> Is it a good idea ?

When installing SqueakLand .deb package, it comes with a menu for the
Gnome desktop. May be you can find some hint when looking at this
packages. Will the Squeak plugin be integrated aswell?

Hilaire

Re: A link to launch Squeak ?

Jens Lincke
Hi,

the script in the squeakland deb package
(http://squeakland.org/installers/ux/debian/)
does something like this with the squeakland plugin image
and the .npsqueak/ dir.

Hilaire Fernandes schrieb:

> Damien Cassou a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> for Ubuntu, we would like to get a link on the ubuntu menu to launch
>> Squeak. I thought about a script which would look like:
>>
>> - create a ~/.squeak directory if it does not exist yet
>> - Add image, changes and sources files in ~/.squeak if there are not
>> present (is this not what inisqueak usually do ?)
>> - cd to ~/.squeak
>> - launch squeak with the image
>>
>> Is it a good idea ?
>>

> When installing SqueakLand .deb package, it comes with a menu for the
> Gnome desktop. May be you can find some hint when looking at this
> packages. Will the Squeak plugin be integrated aswell?
>
> Hilaire

Re: A link to launch Squeak ?

Damien Cassou-3
Hi,

> the script in the squeakland deb package
> (http://squeakland.org/installers/ux/debian/)
> does something like this with the squeakland plugin image
> and the .npsqueak/ dir.

there were no such a script in the deb file (there is a link in
usr/bin/squeakland but it does not point to any file). I found a
npsqueakrun script in google which does the thing I would like for ubuntu.

Thanks

Re: A link to launch Squeak ?

Jens Lincke
the npsqueakrun is the script, which starts the vm + image from the
netscape plugin and stand alone. I think it is in the plugin package and
the squeakland package should depend on it.

you can install these debian packages under ubuntu too.

(http://squeak-mentors.org/installation_ubuntu.html or
http://www.squeakland.org/plugin/installers/ux.html)