A nicer look & feel for chess [take 2]

Stéphane Rollandin
Hello,

We have a cool chess implementation in Squeak, but its UI is rather
outdated and, dare I say, ugly. I propose in the attached archive
another skin with a nicer look & feel.

The pieces images are from Wikimedia Commons, so I guess they are fine
for inclusion:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:SVG_chess_pieces

To try it, do

        ChessMorph2 new openInWorld

or

        (ChessMorph2 new squareSize: 100) openInWorld

Tthe board is scalable from its halo yellow handle.

(please ignore the previous version, where the black pieces were a
little too large)

Stef

Chess.zip (117K) Download Attachment

Re: A nicer look & feel for chess [take 2]

Karl Ramberg
Nice Chess pieces :-)
The size of the board is a little big for my use, I don't have a high resolution screen.
And trying to resize with halo handle give interesting result, eg. the chess board is a layout table that will wrap in wrong places.
(Same happens dragging resize handle in the original chess program.)

Best,
Karl

Le 01/06/2020 à 11:09, karl ramberg a écrit :
> Nice Chess pieces :-)
> The size of the board is a little big for my use, I don't have a high
> resolution screen.
> And trying to resize with halo handle give interesting result, eg. the
> chess board is a layout table that will wrap in wrong places.
> (Same happens dragging resize handle in the original chess program.)

My bad..

Take 3 is attached :)

Stef

Chess.zip (118K) Download Attachment

Re: A nicer look & feel for chess [take 2]

Karl Ramberg
Resizes nice now :)

Best,
Karl