A small tutorial on how to retrieve data from Blogger export files

A small tutorial on how to retrieve data from Blogger export files

Ian Trudel-2
Hi all,

Our discussion about press coverage and reaching out to more people
inspired me. I had done an article yesterday on how to retrieve data
from Blogger export files but it was in Ruby. I have decided to do a
second article on this topic but with Squeak instead. Feedback would
be appreciated.

http://mecenia.blogspot.com/2010/05/using-squeak-with-blogger-export-files.html

Ian.
http://mecenia.blogspot.com/

Re: A small tutorial on how to retrieve data from Blogger export files

Igor Stasenko
On 2 May 2010 14:11, Ian Trudel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Our discussion about press coverage and reaching out to more people
> inspired me. I had done an article yesterday on how to retrieve data
> from Blogger export files but it was in Ruby. I have decided to do a
> second article on this topic but with Squeak instead. Feedback would
> be appreciated.
>
> http://mecenia.blogspot.com/2010/05/using-squeak-with-blogger-export-files.html

Very nice tutorial! Thanks, Ian.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: A small tutorial on how to retrieve data from Blogger export files

garduino
Very useful, thanks by share Ian.

Cheers.

2010/5/2 Ian Trudel <[hidden email]>:

> Hi all,
>
> Our discussion about press coverage and reaching out to more people
> inspired me. I had done an article yesterday on how to retrieve data
> from Blogger export files but it was in Ruby. I have decided to do a
> second article on this topic but with Squeak instead. Feedback would
> be appreciated.
>
> http://mecenia.blogspot.com/2010/05/using-squeak-with-blogger-export-files.html
>
> Ian.
> --
> http://mecenia.blogspot.com/

Re: A small tutorial on how to retrieve data from Blogger export files

Hannes Hirzel
Yes, nice. Would it be possible to have this in the HelpSystem in
addition? If not at least a summary of it plus a link?

--Hannes

On 5/2/10, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Very useful, thanks by share Ian.
>
> Cheers.
>

> 2010/5/2 Ian Trudel <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Our discussion about press coverage and reaching out to more people
>> inspired me. I had done an article yesterday on how to retrieve data
>> from Blogger export files but it was in Ruby. I have decided to do a
>> second article on this topic but with Squeak instead. Feedback would
>> be appreciated.
>>
>> http://mecenia.blogspot.com/2010/05/using-squeak-with-blogger-export-files.html
>>
>> Ian.
>> --
>> http://mecenia.blogspot.com/

Re: A small tutorial on how to retrieve data from Blogger export files

Ian Trudel-2
Thanks guys!

I think it would be best to rework the tutorial before taking it into
an in-image tutorial. This tutorial requires having a blogger account,
export files and having entries to retrieve. Perhaps, I could instead
focus the tutorial on some XML available online (that has been there
for years and will stay for more years), download it with Squeak, and
retrieve some data. What do you think?

Any suggestion for an XML available online? It has to be available at
any time, possibly for years to come, and with enough entries to play
around. :)

Ian.

http://mecenia.blogspot.com/

Re: A small tutorial on how to retrieve data from Blogger export files

Yanni Chiu
Ian Trudel wrote:
> Any suggestion for an XML available online? It has to be available at
> any time, possibly for years to come, and with enough entries to play
> around. :)

How about:  www.squeaksource.com/ss/feed.rss

Re: A small tutorial on how to retrieve data from Blogger export files

Torsten Bergmann
I would suggest http://planetmisc.squeak.org/
since it covers more repositories.

Unfortunately

http://planetmisc.squeak.org/rss20.xml
http://planetmisc.squeak.org/atom.xml

seem to give invalid XML.

Thanks
T.

2010/5/4 Yanni Chiu <[hidden email]>:
> Ian Trudel wrote:
>>
>> Any suggestion for an XML available online? It has to be available at
>> any time, possibly for years to come, and with enough entries to play
>> around. :)
>
> How about:  www.squeaksource.com/ss/feed.rss

Brilliant! It's good enough and made it into the tutorial. Thanks for
the suggestion.

Ian.
http://mecenia.blogspot.com/

Re: A small tutorial on how to retrieve data from Blogger export files

Bert Freudenberg
On 04.05.2010, at 08:15, Ian Trudel wrote:

> 2010/5/4 Yanni Chiu <[hidden email]>:
>> Ian Trudel wrote:
>>>
>>> Any suggestion for an XML available online? It has to be available at
>>> any time, possibly for years to come, and with enough entries to play
>>> around. :)
>>
>> How about:  www.squeaksource.com/ss/feed.rss
>

> Brilliant! It's good enough and made it into the tutorial. Thanks for
> the suggestion.

Maybe the trunk feed is more interesting?

http://source.squeak.org/trunk/feed.rss

- Bert -

Re: A small tutorial on how to retrieve data from Blogger export files

Ian Trudel-2
Thanks for all the feedback, I have updated the tutorial.

Ian.
--
http://mecenia.blogspot.com/