A world of browsers

Zulq Alam
Having just been enlightened with regard to the Tracing Message Browser
I was wondering if there were any other browsers out there that may be
of interest that I might not have seen.

Here are the non standard ones I have tried.

    Omni Browser
    Refactoring Browser
    Star Browser
    Whisker Browser

- Zulq

BookMorphs - Status and Future?

Dan Shafer-3
Returning to Squeak after a prolonged absence, I'm looking to build a
tool for the creation and a platform for the deployment of adult-
education technology. So I've been exploring Squeak with that
viewpoint in mind.

Last night, I ran (back) into BookMorphs. These seem to me, at least
on the surface, to be a great starting point (superclass) for my
project. But before I explore this further, I thought I'd ask the list.

Anyone making extensive use of BookMorphs?
What are the walls/limits I should know about?
Any useful bits of history or words of advice? :-)

Thanks for any thoughts.

Dan

Re: A world of browsers

Alain Plantec
Zulq Alam a écrit :

> Having just been enlightened with regard to the Tracing Message
> Browser I was wondering if there were any other browsers out there
> that may be of interest that I might not have seen.

maybe Tamaris
(I've attached a fix for Tamaris/Squeak 3.9)

alain

> Here are the non standard ones I have tried.
>
>    Omni Browser
>    Refactoring Browser
>    Star Browser
>    Whisker Browser
>
> - Zulq

tamaris-for-3.9-fix.cs.gz (574 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: A world of browsers

Edgar J. De Cleene
Zulq Alam puso en su mail :

> Having just been enlightened with regard to the Tracing Message Browser
> I was wondering if there were any other browsers out there that may be
> of interest that I might not have seen.
>
> Here are the non standard ones I have tried.
>
>     Omni Browser
>     Refactoring Browser
>     Star Browser
>     Whisker Browser
>
> - Zulq
You are missing Tamaris, another very cool tool

Horóscopos, Salud y belleza, Chistes, Consejos de amor:
el contenido más divertido para tu celular está en Yahoo! Móvil.
Obtenelo en http://movil.yahoo.com.ar

Re: BookMorphs - Status and Future?

stéphane ducasse-2
Pay attention BookMorph is full of rotten code.
Quite ugly. Subclasses depending on superclasses.
I started to play with SlideMorph (on squeaksource) and now I'm
waiting for Sophie :)

Stef

On 17 mai 06, at 21:18, Dan Shafer wrote:

> Returning to Squeak after a prolonged absence, I'm looking to build
> a tool for the creation and a platform for the deployment of adult-
> education technology. So I've been exploring Squeak with that
> viewpoint in mind.
>
> Last night, I ran (back) into BookMorphs. These seem to me, at
> least on the surface, to be a great starting point (superclass) for
> my project. But before I explore this further, I thought I'd ask
> the list.
>
> Anyone making extensive use of BookMorphs?
> What are the walls/limits I should know about?
> Any useful bits of history or words of advice? :-)
>
> Thanks for any thoughts.
>
> Dan

Re: BookMorphs - Status and Future?

Dan Shafer-3
Thanks, Stéphane. That appears to be the consensus. Like you, I'm
waiting to get a close look at Sophie.

Dan