AIDA/Web now also on SqeakMap

Janko Mivšek
Dear Squeakers,

I just like to announce that I put Aida on SqueakMap too, so that you
can install it from your image more easily.

You need to install latest version of packages in that order: SPort,
Swazoo, AIDA/Web.

Side question: can I somehow put Swazoo and SPort as prerequisites to Aida?

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: AIDA/Web now also on SqeakMap

Damien Cassou-3
Hi Janko,

would you care maintaining your package on Universe as well? With
Universe, you can manage dependencies. If you don't know how to do it,
I can guide you.

Bye

--
Damien Cassou

Re: AIDA/Web now also on SqeakMap

Janko Mivšek
Bonjour Damien,

Damien Cassou wrote:

> would you care maintaining your package on Universe as well? With
> Universe, you can manage dependencies. If you don't know how to do it,
> I can guide you.

Of course, please do. Is there some introduction written somewhere to start?

Cordialement
JAnko

http://www.aidaweb.si

I have just written http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5899

> Cordialement

"Cordialement" is perfect for a more formal mail :-).

Bye

--
Damien Cassou

Damien Cassou wrote:

>> > would you care maintaining your package on Universe as well? With
>> > Universe, you can manage dependencies. If you don't know how to do it,
>> > I can guide you.
>>
>> Of course, please do. Is there some introduction written somewhere to
>> start?
>
> I have just written http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5899

Do I need to install Universe browser first because I can't find
it in my 3.9 open menu?  I so, please add instructions to above wiki
page too. And because you just write these little docs, maybe it is
an opportunity to put some instructions how to install packages
with help of Universe too.

>> Cordialement
> "Cordialement" is perfect for a more formal mail :-).

À bientôt? :)

JAnko

http://www.aidaweb.si

http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3785

> I so, please add instructions to above wiki
> page too. And because you just write these little docs, maybe it is
> an opportunity to put some instructions how to install packages
> with help of Universe too.

Can you write to wiki directly? Login/pass are squeak/viewpoints

> >> Cordialement
> > "Cordialement" is perfect for a more formal mail :-).
>
> À bientôt? :)

À bientôt is very good :-)

--
Damien Cassou

Re: AIDA/Web now also on SqeakMap

Edgar J. De Cleene

El 6/20/07 7:15 AM, "Janko Mivšek" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> Do I need to install Universe browser first because I can't find
> it in my 3.9 open menu?  I so, please add instructions to above wiki
> page too. And because you just write these little docs, maybe it is
> an opportunity to put some instructions how to install packages
> with help of Universe too.
Janko, your AIDA works on 3.10.
I have a made image ready to use.
AWSqueak3.10alpha.7113.image

Still I don't have the fast cable modem , so email private if you wish to
have it

Edgar

Any Squeakers in Peru?

Alan Kay
Hi Folks --

Peru is starting to show a lot of interest in the OLPC project and
(because Squeak and EToys run on the OLPC XO) Nicholas has asked me
if we know of any Peruvian Squeakers (or South American Squeakers who
might be interested in visiting Peru).

????

Cheers,

Alan

Re: Any Squeakers in Peru?

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Alan,

I'm a south american squeaker who might be interested in visiting Peru. I
live at Buenos Aires, Argentina, and would like to know more about
Nicholas' needs, and the OLPC project at Peru (and at Argentina too!).

BTW, as you know, there are many squeakers in Buenos Aires.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich
www.jvuletich.org

> Hi Folks --
>
> Peru is starting to show a lot of interest in the OLPC project and
> (because Squeak and EToys run on the OLPC XO) Nicholas has asked me
> if we know of any Peruvian Squeakers (or South American Squeakers who
> might be interested in visiting Peru).
>
> ????
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alan

Also on Universes (Re: AIDA/Web now also on SqeakMap)

Janko Mivšek
Hi Damien and others,

I just to put Aida on Universes too and now you can install it much simpler:

        1. open Package Universe Browser
        2. in Web Development beta select Aida-beta
        3. click Select package
        4. click Install selections

Three packages will then be installed in that order: SPort, Swazoo, Aida.

If you don't have Universe browser yet, install it first from SqueakMap
(package Universes).

Best regards
Janko