[ANN 1.2.1a] towards 1.2.1

Marcus Denker-4
Hi,

With people now finally actually looking at 1.2Core, we need to start to collect bugfixes
and do a 1.2.1...

So if you want to update 1.2Core, you need to

        SystemVersion newVersion: 'Pharo1.2.1a'.

or download it from

        https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/28391/PharoCore-1.2.1a-12342.zip

This is *not* linked as stable core... as it can break anytime.
And 1.2Core does not update withour changing the version number (We might
want to rethink that... but that can only be done in 1.3)

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [ANN 1.2.1a] towards 1.2.1

Marcus Denker-4

On Mar 18, 2011, at 9:13 PM, Marcus Denker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> With people now finally actually looking at 1.2Core, we need to start to collect bugfixes
> and do a 1.2.1...
>
> So if you want to update 1.2Core, you need to
>
> SystemVersion newVersion: 'Pharo1.2.1a'.
>
> or download it from
>
> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/28391/PharoCore-1.2.1a-12342.zip

The integration server now builds 1.2.1a instead of 1.2 final:

        https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%20Core%201.2/

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [ANN 1.2.1a] towards 1.2.1

NorbertHartl

Am 20.03.2011 um 10:51 schrieb Marcus Denker:

> On Mar 18, 2011, at 9:13 PM, Marcus Denker wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> With people now finally actually looking at 1.2Core, we need to start to collect bugfixes
>> and do a 1.2.1...
>>
>> So if you want to update 1.2Core, you need to
>>
>> SystemVersion newVersion: 'Pharo1.2.1a'.
>>
>> or download it from
>>
>> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/28391/PharoCore-1.2.1a-12342.zip
>>

> The integration server now builds 1.2.1a instead of 1.2 final:
>
> https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%20Core%201.2/

Probably you should rename the job to 1.2.1a. I tested it on my hudson server you can rename a job without breaking any dependencies to other jobs. I tested upstream trigger, copy artifacts. I don't know other dependencies.

Norbert

Re: [ANN 1.2.1a] towards 1.2.1

Marcus Denker-4

> Probably you should rename the job to 1.2.1a. I tested it on my hudson server you can rename a job without breaking any dependencies to other jobs. I tested upstream trigger, copy artifacts. I don't know other dependencies.

But then the external links break.

People do link to

        https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%20Core%201.2/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/PharoCore-1.2.zip

I think for names we should just care about Major versions.

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [ANN 1.2.1a] towards 1.2.1

Michael Roberts-2
Hi, a meta question...

when i made changes to SystemVersion I put a comment in that method
thinking it would not make sense to use it.  You have published a use
for it ;-)

is there a reason you did not want to do
SystemVersion current suffix: '1a'

that was the main reason i made the changes so it was easy to adjust
image versions without having to parse the string all the time. Did
you want to remove the accumulated update set for some reason?

I can perhaps re-comment the method if i understood the use case better.

thanks,
Mike

On Mar 20, 2011, at 11:44 PM, Michael Roberts wrote:

> Hi, a meta question...
>
> when i made changes to SystemVersion I put a comment in that method
> thinking it would not make sense to use it.

I did not know. I just did what we did when changing the version in the past.
(copy and paste from the postscript... same as  setting the version to 1.2)
It worked...

> You have published a use
> for it ;-)

I just changed the version number the same way it was done before.
It did not give an error message, the version looks good.

If this is not correct, the method should react by telling me.
How can I know else?

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [ANN 1.2.1a] towards 1.2.1

Michael Roberts-2
umm... i don't think it is wrong. I just could not find any senders of
the message which is why i commented it. The only thing it does is
delete the internal set of updates but i don't know enough about the
update architecture to know if that matters. i will have a look.

cheers,
Mike