[ANN] 3.9#7052 "pre-gamma"

Marcus Denker
Hi,

The last beta version of Squeak 3.9 is now available:

        http://ftp.squeak.org/3.9beta/Squeak3.9b-7052.zip

This version is canditate for 3.9gamma after some testing.

Changes:

7052: Cleanup (call releasecleanup code ScriptLoader)
7051: Fix the Underscores everywhere II
7049
----
-> Fix Service overrides
-> fix LineFeeds
-> Fix the Underscores everywhere Part I
-> CondenseChanges

7048
-----
-> Load: TrueType-ar.4
-> load 0003766: Hundreds of methods have source containing LF
characters
-> add services / call to service setup
-> Unload packages. call some fix code
-> disable multiple text undo

7047
----
0004312: Refactoring for behavior>>#new
0004307: DependentsArray>>copyWith:
0003133: [BUG][FIX] Float>>#asIEEE32BitWord and #fromIEEE32Bit:
0003309: In 7008 Requesting setTarget for menus can get a
UndefinedObject DNU>isHandMorph
004249: SmLoader>>#categorySpecificOptions has a . after the variable
definition
0004298: OrderedCollection>>#removeLast: 2; size is negative
0004314: CleanUpMacOptionKeyPressed-md.cs
0003765: ChangeLists and VersionBrowsers don't respect
standardCodeFont preference.
0003777: In 7033 In ImageBrowser (omnibrowser) copyListToClipboard
menu item causes a DNU.
0004273: small fix for prettyprinting (for 3.9)
- merge in changes of Monticello-avi.276 and Monticello-avi.277
   from the SqS MC repository:
        - Don't allow the active repo to be switched mid commit.
        - Minor optimization to dependency commits.
- Traits test fixes: expected sentinfo test failures

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: [ANN] 3.9#7052 "pre-gamma"

Marcus Denker

On 23.07.2006, at 19:27, Marcus Denker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The last beta version of Squeak 3.9 is now available:
>
> http://ftp.squeak.org/3.9beta/Squeak3.9b-7052.zip
>
> This version is canditate for 3.9gamma after some testing.

Of course, even limited testing shows that it's completely broken...
Sorry. No gamma, I will have no time for working on this
for at least a week, maybe longer.

      Marcus

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: [ANN] 3.9#7052 "pre-gamma"

stéphane ducasse-2
Hi marcus

This is large tasks to release squeak. Relax. I will be back to real
connection
the 1 of August. May be if some people such as bert want to help
we could go faster and you will be less exhausted.

Stef

> On 23.07.2006, at 19:27, Marcus Denker wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The last beta version of Squeak 3.9 is now available:
>>
>> http://ftp.squeak.org/3.9beta/Squeak3.9b-7052.zip
>>
>> This version is canditate for 3.9gamma after some testing.
>

> Of course, even limited testing shows that it's completely broken...
> Sorry. No gamma, I will have no time for working on this
> for at least a week, maybe longer.
>
>      Marcus

Re: [ANN] 3.9#7052 "pre-gamma"

Mathieu SUEN
2006/7/24, stéphane ducasse <[hidden email]>:
> Hi marcus
>
> This is large tasks to release squeak. Relax. I will be back to real
> connection
> the 1 of August. May be if some people such as bert want to help
> we could go faster and you will be less exhausted.

I can help also if you want just tell me what to do. :)

Math

Re: [ANN] 3.9#7052 "pre-gamma"

stéphane ducasse-2
Thanks.

Right now I guess that we are hurt by the non atomic loading of MC.
And we will have to experiment with the
systemEditor in the future. For you the best is to work and have fun
with the new compiler :)

Stef