[ANN] 3.9a7011

Marcus Denker
http://ftp.squeak.org/3.9alpha/Squeak3.9a-7011.zip

Main news: first batch of SqueakLand changesets... 77 changesets to go.
(Thanks a lot to Michael Rueger for helping integrating the SqueakLand
changes!)

CHANGELOG
===========

7009

        Change Set: kedama2.7-yo
        Date: 9 May 2005
        Author: Yoshiki Ohshima
        Change Set: flexFix-sw
        Date: 30 March 2005
        Author: Scott Wallace

        Fix for Mantis bug 993: 'rotating morph changes z-order.'  This is a
bug that dates to the
        original implementaiton of 'flexing' (generic Morph rotation) in
early 1998.  After this fix,
        when a flex shell is added, we now remember the z-position of the
original morph and
        ascribe that same z-position to the TransformationMorph that
replaces it.

        This update also fixes the dual of that bug, which is that when a
TransformationMorph
        decides it's no longer needed, and gets itself replaced by the morph
it formerly had been
        governing, the unrotated morph had not been getting inserted in the
z-ordering in the same
        place.
        Change Set: noScritch-sw
        Date: 6 April 2005
        Author: Scott Wallace

        The Scritch sound is supressed
        Change Set: dupFixes-sw
        Date: 19 April 2005
        Author: Scott Wallace

        When the user chooses 'duplicate' from the halo-actions submenu of
the halo menu of a
        rotated object, the result had formerly been an unrotated object
that was not known to the
        allExtantPlayers list of the project's presenter, so would not come
up ticking, etc.  This
        update fixes those glitches.
        Also:  When you dismiss a morph via its halo, its player gets
removed from the project's
        allExtantPlayers list -- an optimization.
        -----------------------------
        Change Set: selectionSibFix-sw
        Date: 19 April 2005
        Author: Scott Wallace

        Fix for Mantis bug  981: Making a sibling of SelectionMorph causes
error.
        Version 4 of this fileout also fixes bugs involving use of the
'duplicate' feature from the
        'halo actions' submenu of a SelectionMorph -- such duplicates were
flawed in a couple of
        way.
        -------------------------------
        Change Set: tickingPainting-sw
        Date: 30 April 2005
        Author: Scott Wallace

        Two responses to the concern about ticking-while-painting:

        (1)  Adds the #keepTickingWhilePainting preference; when true,
scripts will continue to tick
        while the user is in a painting session.
        (2)  If this new preference is *false*, scripts that had been
ticking when painting was
        initiated now resume ticking once painting is done.
        ------------
        Change Set: acceptPlayerTile-sw
        Date: 1 May 2005
        Author: Scott Wallace

        Implements a short-cut feature requested by Alan (or rather
'remembered' by him ;-) as
        follows:  a player-valued tile can now be dropped onto a graphic-
valued pad, whereup it
        expands into appropriate retrieval tiles for obtaining a graphic
from the player.
        ---------------
        Change Set: unCustoming-sw
        Date: 17 June 2005
        Author: Scott Wallace

        When the allowEtoyUserCustomEvents preference is false, refrain from
showing the
        triggeringObject item in the Viewer and from offering the
CustomEvents type in type-list popups.
        Also now makes the allowEtoyUserCustomEvents preference behave like
a normal preference,
        i.e. independently of eToyFriendly, but sets it appropriately
whenever eToyFriendly is
        changed -- after which it *can* subsequently be changed manually if
desired, thus making
        it possible to set things up to operate with eToyFriendly on yet
offering those CustomEvents.
        ------------------------
        Change Set: vectorAccess-sw
        Date: 9 July 2005
        Author: Scott Wallace

        Gives easier access to the command for turning on the vector
vocabulary.  Makes it possible
        to set an image up such that the vector vocbulary is always in use
by default.  The
        primary access to this control is now via the World's Viewer, which
now gets a
        'preferences' category, into which is also put a
#dropProducesWatcher control.

7010

        Change Set: soundUpdate
        Date: 6 April 2005
        Author: Michael Rueger

        Loads an updates set of sounds

7011
        0003312: Can't delete projects (ImageSegment>>rootsIncludingPlayers
still refers to Environment)
        -------------------------
        Change Set: watcherTypeChgFix-sw
        Date: 25 July 2005
        Author: Scott Wallace

        Makes the new watchers launched to replace existing ones upon a type-
change to a variable
        conform to the new protocol for creating watchers; also fixes the
bug that simple watchers
        were being replaced by fancy ones after a type change.
        ---------------------------
        Change Set: StringEqual2
        Date: 15 December 2005
        Author: Yoshiki Ohshima

        'abc' = 'abc' asWideString wasn't returning true after the String
refactoring.  Supposedly,
        primitiveCompareString should fail when the argument or receiver
isn't a byte object,
         but currently the primitive just traverses the internal of the
word object.  The right fix would
        be to fix the primitive, but so far the Squeak side code should cope
with it.
        ------------------------------
        Change Set: tileFix-sw
        Date: 18 July 2005
        Author: Scott Wallace
        The tear-off-a-tile halo handle could sometimes tear off a bogus
tile, if a non-Sketch object
        was rotated before a player was allocated to it.  This update fixes
that.  Thanks to Dave
        Briccetti for pointing out this bug.
        --------
        Change Set: FixMorphDelete
        Date: 28 July 2005
        Author: Andreas Raab

        Always #dismissViaHalo even if #preserveTrash is true.
        --------
        Change Set: ProjectViewDismiss
        Date: 1 August 2005
        Author: Yoshiki Ohshima

        Match the wording when a ProjectViewMorph is dismissed via halo.
        -------
        Change Set: turnTowardFix-sw
        Date: 29 July 2005
        Author: Scott Wallace

        As per suggestion from Randy Heiland, Squeakland mailing list
7/29/05, makes 'turn toward'
        always carry out the turn (unless the positions of the  two objects
coincide), whether or not the
        objects overlap.
        --------
        0461MophDissmissal.cs
        --------
        Change Set: LocaleRefactoring
        Date: 8 August 2005
        Author: Takashi Yamamiya
        -------
        Change Set: localeEnabler
        Date: 31 August 2005
        Author: Michael Rueger

        Enables the use of the language setting through the locale plugin.
If no plugin is found,
        the current locale is used.
        The preference useLocale turns the automatic settings on or off.
        -----------
        Change Set: smWorkaround-sw
        Date: 16 March 2006
        Author: Scott Wallace, Michael Rueger

        Adapted for 3.9.
        A change to allow SqueakMap to load packages successfully into
images whose version
        numbers are less than 5302, which is the Squeak.org update level at
which the convention
        about where the system changes were stored changed.  Goran's version
of this code (7/13/04)
        assumed that any version number less than 5302 indicated an ancient
Squeak, whereas in
        practice nowadays it is much more likely to indicate a recent Squeak
that has a different
        formal version name, such as 'Tweak1.2' or Squeakland3.8', and which
has its own
        sequence of update numbers.  This workaround was prompted a need to
load Monticello into
        the Squeakland image.

Re: [ANN] 3.9a7011

Cesare Marilungo
Marcus Denker wrote:

> http://ftp.squeak.org/3.9alpha/Squeak3.9a-7011.zip

I'm just a newbie (I discovered this wonderful project and smalltalk
itself less than a week ago) but this image didn't worked for me as it came.

I'm on Slackware linux and I had the latest stable version installed. I
just dropped the image and the changes file in the same directory and
invoked squeak with this new image.

Is this the correct procedure?

Anyway I tried it and I couldn't remove any morphic by clicking in the
top left halo button. It complained it didn't understand the message
'dismissMorph'. I noticed that in the Morph class source the method was
written 'dismissMorph: evt'. The parameter 'evt' wasn't used in the
method body, so I removed it and the double colons.

And then it worked.

Hope this helps.

Keep going with the good work.

c.
www.cesaremarilungo.com

Re: [ANN] 3.9a7011

Michael Rueger-6
Cesare Marilungo wrote:

> Is this the correct procedure?

Yes.

> Anyway I tried it and I couldn't remove any morphic by clicking in the
> top left halo button. It complained it didn't understand the message
> 'dismissMorph'. I noticed that in the Morph class source the method was
> written 'dismissMorph: evt'. The parameter 'evt' wasn't used in the
> method body, so I removed it and the double colons.

Congratulations, you are obviously the first person closing a morph via
Halo in that new image :-)

While porting the changes from the squeakland image we missed that
method as it was hiding in a connectors related change set.

Thanks for reporting!!

Fix attached.

Michael

Morph-dismissMorph.st.gz (398 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: [ANN] 3.9a7011

stéphane ducasse-2
Mike

will you add it to the next batch or should we do it?

Stef
On 18 mars 06, at 03:04, Michael Rueger wrote:

> Cesare Marilungo wrote:
>
>> Is this the correct procedure?
>
> Yes.
>
>> Anyway I tried it and I couldn't remove any morphic by clicking in
>> the top left halo button. It complained it didn't understand the
>> message 'dismissMorph'. I noticed that in the Morph class source
>> the method was written 'dismissMorph: evt'. The parameter 'evt'
>> wasn't used in the method body, so I removed it and the double
>> colons.
>
> Congratulations, you are obviously the first person closing a morph
> via Halo in that new image :-)
>
> While porting the changes from the squeakland image we missed that
> method as it was hiding in a connectors related change set.
>
> Thanks for reporting!!
>
> Fix attached.
>
> Michael
> <Morph-dismissMorph.st.gz>

Re: [ANN] 3.9a7011

Cesare Marilungo
Michael Rueger wrote:

> Cesare Marilungo wrote:
>
>> Is this the correct procedure?
>

> Yes.
>

>> Anyway I tried it and I couldn't remove any morphic by clicking in
>> the top left halo button. It complained it didn't understand the
>> message 'dismissMorph'. I noticed that in the Morph class source the
>> method was written 'dismissMorph: evt'. The parameter 'evt' wasn't
>> used in the method body, so I removed it and the double colons.
>

> Congratulations, you are obviously the first person closing a morph
> via Halo in that new image :-)
>
> While porting the changes from the squeakland image we missed that
> method as it was hiding in a connectors related change set.
>
> Thanks for reporting!!
>
> Fix attached.
>
> Michael

Another thing I've noticed is that if I create a button with this code:

b _ SimpleButtonMorph new label: 'click me'; position: Display center;
addMouseUpActionWith: 'self delete'.
b openInWorld.

If I click on it the border that appears on mouseDown is not centered
with the button. I understand it is something in
Morphic>>drawRolloverBorderOn but I don't know enough yet to help fixing it.

c.
--
www.cesaremarilungo.com

Re: [ANN] 3.9a7011

Cesare Marilungo
Cesare Marilungo wrote:

> Michael Rueger wrote:
>
>> Cesare Marilungo wrote:
>>
>>> Is this the correct procedure?
>>

>> Yes.
>>

>>> Anyway I tried it and I couldn't remove any morphic by clicking in
>>> the top left halo button. It complained it didn't understand the
>>> message 'dismissMorph'. I noticed that in the Morph class source the
>>> method was written 'dismissMorph: evt'. The parameter 'evt' wasn't
>>> used in the method body, so I removed it and the double colons.
>>

>> Congratulations, you are obviously the first person closing a morph
>> via Halo in that new image :-)
>>
>> While porting the changes from the squeakland image we missed that
>> method as it was hiding in a connectors related change set.
>>
>> Thanks for reporting!!
>>
>> Fix attached.
>>
>> Michael

> Another thing I've noticed is that if I create a button with this code:
>
> b _ SimpleButtonMorph new label: 'click me'; position: Display center;
> addMouseUpActionWith: 'self delete'.
> b openInWorld.
>
> If I click on it the border that appears on mouseDown is not centered
> with the button. I understand it is something in
> Morphic>>drawRolloverBorderOn but I don't know enough yet to help
> fixing it.
>
> c.

Also, If I leftclick on the button but then I step out of it without
releasing the mouse button (as if I've changed my mind and don't want to
trigger it anymore) the button color becomes darker than before.

c.
www.cesaremarilungo.com

Re: [ANN] 3.9a7011

Marcus Denker

On 18.03.2006, at 10:04, stéphane ducasse wrote:

> Mike
>
> will you add it to the next batch or should we do it?

Michael has send my the next batch already, I will integrate them today.

     Marcus