[ANN] 3.9a7015

Marcus Denker
Hi,

The integration of all the SqueakLand code is nearly complete... just
four changesets left
on the todo.

        http://ftp.squeak.org/3.9alpha/Squeak3.9a-7015.zip

CHANGELOG
-------------------

        Image is now in 32bit graphics mode by default (faster).
        ---------------
        0003328: Ctrl-E does not look for strings
        --------------
        Change Set: 0479iso3Countries.cs
        Date: 1 September 2005
        Author: John Mcintosh, Michael Rueger

        Add ISO3 country codes to the iso definitions
        -------------
        Change Set: phraseDupFix-sw
        Date: 23 October 2005
        Author: Scott Wallace

        Fixes a bug that broke the duplication of phrase tiles that don't
reside in viewers
        -------------
        Change Set: suppliesTwoLiner
        Date: 7 October 2005
        Author: Scott Wallace, Michael Rueger

        changes the supplies flap to show two lines of items by default
        --------------
        0498MacUnicodeIInterp.cs
        ---------------
        Change Set: FontRegistryFix
        Date: 9 October 2005
        Author: Yoshiki Ohshima

        registry wasn't properly used for TTCFont.
        ----------------
        Change Set: percentEncodingFix
        Date: 22 September 2005
        Author: Korakurider

        + When Squeak is launched by openning .pr file, passed filename is
systemString
         (shift-jis on windows for instance).  That has to be converted to
Squeak-native string.
        + reimplementation of decoding percent-encoded-string has to be
modified to support
          utf8 based encoding.
        ------------------
        0502nebraskaBuffer-yo.cs
        -------------------
        Change Set: NebraskaTextAndImageFix
        Date: 6 October 2005
        Author: Yoshiki Ohshima

        * DropShadow + Text + Nebraska wasn't working right.
        * Form depth = 32 wasn't working right.  It isn't right or optimal
but better in many ways.
        ------------------
        Change Set: revertStamp-tak
        Date: 28 November 2005
        Author: Takashi Yamamiya

        Revert stampOnTransformedOwner.cs (it is included in
6580changesFromSql38ToJa)
        to fix a problem of stamp of rotated object.
        --------------------
        Change Set: nebraskaBuffer2-yo
        Date: 10 October 2005
        Author: Yoshiki Oshima

        Republished as Squeakland update 0506 to make certain that the code
will be present in
        images that had already loaded SqueakAlpha update
0502testPercentEncoding before it was
        rescinded.
        --------------------
        Change Set: FixKedamaBundle
        Date: 23 October 2005
        Author: Yoshiki Ohshima

        KedamaBundle used to create an extra patch.
        ---------------------
        Change Set: BOMLangEditor
        Date: 29 November 2005
        Author: Yoshiki Ohshima

        Fix BOM problem in Language Editor.
        --------------------
        Change Set: ProjectManifest
        Date: 29 November 2005
        Author: Yoshiki Ohshima

        Put a 'manifest' file that stores some additional infomation about
the project.
        ----------------------
        Change Set: macosxJaMarks
        Date: 22 November 2005
        Author: Tetsuya Hayashi

        Fixes Japanese input method related problem.
        It dealsd with special case involved in unicode conversion.
        -----------------------
        Change Set: setupLanguageSpec-tak
        Date: 28 November 2005
        Author: Takashi Yamamiya

        - Add language specific settings.
        - Remove setup scripts for old Japanese image.
        ---------------------
        Change Set: variableCategory-ka
        Date: 29 November 2005
        Author: Kazuhiro Abe

        Patch for 'variable category doesn't apper when it's needed'.
        It occurs because missing 'translated' message after 'ScriptingSystem
        nameForInstanceVariablesCategory' in
StandardViewer>>likelyCategoryToShow.
        ------------------------
        Change Set: Use32BitPatch
        Date: 30 November 2005
        Author: Yoshiki Ohshima
        -------------------------
        Change Set: TextAlignEmphMenu-KR
        Date: 5 December 2005
        Author: Korakurider

        fix problem that current alignment is shown wrongly on emphasis/
alignment Menu for
        TextMorph
        ------------------------
        Change Set: colorPickerFix-KR
        Date: 14 December 2005
        Author: Korakurider

        Get the alpha setting on a morph's property sheet's fill-color
colorpicker set properly.
        ------------------------------
        Change Set: shouldntBeRounded-ka
        Date: 4 December 2005
        Author: Kazuhiro Abe

        Some morph, such as an Ellipse or a Polygon, shouldn't have rounded
corners.
        They drew fake corners.
        ------------------------------------
        Change Set: FixAssignmentSuffix
        Date: 15 December 2005
        Author: Takashi Yamamiya

        Fixed duplicated assignment arrows in old project.

        To load old project which is made in 3.2 era, assignment arrows (_) are
        duplicated. The reason is sometimes symbols and strings are confused in
        #translatedWordingFor:.
        ----------------------------
        Change Set: fixCharConv128-255
        Date: 5 November 2005
        Author: Takashi Yamamiya

        Some characters could not be converted from Squeak to OS encoding.

        To reproduce:
        - Open workspace.
        - Input MULTIPLICATION SIGN character with your IME.
        - select and copy a few times for copying to the system paste buffer.
        - You would see an error.

        Reason: A charactor which value is 128-255 should be converted.

        e.g.
        00D7 MULTIPLICATION SIGN
        00F7 DIVISION SIGN
        see http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0080.pdf
        -------------------------
        Change Set: fixManifest
        Date: 16 December 2005
        Author: Korakurider

        fix and enhance the facility to save manifest of project:
          + Original implementation use constant filename 'MANIFEST'.
            That behavior causes conflict of filename on server(Swiki etc).
            This patch use basename of project for file name for manifest
        + save latest update number of SmalltalkImage in manifest (enhancement)
        ----------------------------
        0528FixAPartOfBobConv.cs

Re: [ANN] 3.9a7015

Dan Corneanu
>     ---------------
>     Change Set:        FontRegistryFix
>     Date:            9 October 2005
>     Author:            Yoshiki Ohshima
>
>     registry wasn't properly used for TTCFont.
>     ----------------
How can I see what does this change set contains?
I am unable to find it in the 3.9a7015 image. I have searched it
using the 'Change Set' tool. Am I doing something wrong?

Re: [ANN] 3.9a7015

Marcus Denker

On 22.03.2006, at 10:40, Dan Corneanu wrote:

>>     ---------------
>>     Change Set:        FontRegistryFix
>>     Date:            9 October 2005
>>     Author:            Yoshiki Ohshima
>>
>>     registry wasn't properly used for TTCFont.
>>     ----------------
> How can I see what does this change set contains?
> I am unable to find it in the 3.9a7015 image. I have searched it
> using the 'Change Set' tool. Am I doing something wrong?

The 3.9a image is managed using Monticello, so there are
no changesets...

I filed in all the changesets, then commited to the sqf SqueakSource
repository. From that, the image was build.

Normally, the MC changelog then contains a decription of what changed,
but because it was needed to merge over 100 changesets very fast I just
put "SqueakLand" into the ChangeLog... not good, I know.

The best might be to look at the diff that MC can build
of the package that TTCFont is in (Multilingual, interestingly). Or I
could
dig out the .cs if you need it.

        Marcus

Re: [ANN] 3.9a7015

David T. Lewis
On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 12:13:26AM +0100, Marcus Denker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The integration of all the SqueakLand code is nearly complete... just
> four changesets left
> on the todo.

Phew, I'm not anywhere close to keeping up with this, but it looks like
excellent progress.  Thanks for all your hard work!

Dave

Re: [ANN] 3.9a7015

Dan Corneanu
Marcus Denker wrote:

> On 22.03.2006, at 10:40, Dan Corneanu wrote:

> The best might be to look at the diff that MC can build
> of the package that TTCFont is in (Multilingual, interestingly). Or I could
> dig out the .cs if you need it.

I'll try a diff and see what I can get. I just want to see what
changes were made because I think this change set also solved bug
#0003215.

It is a little bit confusing (at least for me) to follow the
CHANGELOG you have posted. I wish there was a way to know what bug a
change set, that gets in a new image, is addressing.

Anyway you are doing a good job.