[ANN] 7024... SmallLand :)

Stéphane Ducasse-3
Hi all

here is a new update with ....
        yes the smallLand changes. Thanks diego.

Please consider that we should fix some glitches there and there but
this is a cool step forward.
Any fixes are welcomed (I personally do not like the 3d look for
menu, but there are new color themes).
We will for the education image put the docking bar.

We lost a bit of speed in browser opening and Marcus identified some
slowdown (that disappear when a menu is open :)).
so we will have to look there.

The next important batch before beta is to incorporate the pending
fixes for traits (and we are trying to identify a strange behavior
when the image is idle). Adrian worked a lot on that and we hope to
push that next week.

We will harvest then some simple fixes (Time of Avi, fonts of Berts)
and turn Beta.

Re: [ANN] 7024... SmallLand :)

Damien Cassou-3
> here is a new update with ....
>     yes the smallLand changes. Thanks diego.

Hi,

I didn't know SqueakLand and I must say I'm impressed by the graphical
change. We now have icons, colors...

However, for some months now, I get strange window rendering sometimes.
Have a look at the screenshot. We can see an old dialog in the title bar
and the sliders are not clear.

Thank you very much for all the work you put into squeak.

--
Damien Cassou

suqeak.png (56K) Download Attachment

Re: [ANN] 7024... SmallLand :)

Petr Fischer-3
Stéphane Ducasse napsal(a):

> Hi all
>
> here is a new update with ....
>     yes the smallLand changes. Thanks diego.
>
> Please consider that we should fix some glitches there and there but
> this is a cool step forward.
> Any fixes are welcomed (I personally do not like the 3d look for menu,
> but there are new color themes).
> We will for the education image put the docking bar.

Yes, menu titles are horrible.

pf

Re: [ANN] 7024... SmallLand :)

Diego Gomez Deck

Re: [ANN] 7024... SmallLand :)

Diego Gomez Deck
> Yes, menu titles are horrible.

+1.

It's the look I created:

 http://smalltalk.consultar.com/varios/squeak39.png

Cheers,

-- Diego

Re: [ANN] 7024... SmallLand :)

Diego Gomez Deck
> > Yes, menu titles are horrible.
>
> +1.
>
> It's the look I created:
>
>  http://smalltalk.consultar.com/varios/squeak39.png

Evaluate the following to get this look&feel:

        YellowSmallLandColorTheme apply.

        Preferences smallLandPreferences.

        Preferences disable: #colorWhenPrettyPrinting.
        Preferences disable: #diffsWithPrettyPrint.
        Preferences enable: #cmdGesturesEnabled.
        Preferences enable: #debugHaloHandle.
        Preferences disable: #noviceMode.
        Preferences disable: #browseWithPrettyPrint.
        Preferences disable: #eToyFriendly.

        Preferences enable: #showWorldMainDockingBar.

Cheers,

-- Diego

Re: [ANN] 7024... SmallLand :)

Damien Cassou-3
Diego Gomez Deck a écrit :
>>> Yes, menu titles are horrible.
>> +1.
>>
>> It's the look I created:
>>
>>  http://smalltalk.consultar.com/varios/squeak39.png
>
> Evaluate the following to get this look&feel:

After this, I can't manage to get the World menu anymore. I click on the
desktop but nothing appears. I saved my image and restart but it doesn't
change anything.

--
Damien Cassou

Re: [ANN] 7024... SmallLand :)

garduino
Try right button (in Windows) and then "old desktop menu...(W)".

Cheers.

2006/4/22, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]>:

> >> +1.
> >>
> >> It's the look I created:
> >>
> >>  http://smalltalk.consultar.com/varios/squeak39.png
> >
> > Evaluate the following to get this look&feel:
>
> After this, I can't manage to get the World menu anymore. I click on the
> desktop but nothing appears. I saved my image and restart but it doesn't
> change anything.
>
> --
> Damien Cassou

Re: [ANN] 7024... SmallLand :)

Damien Cassou-3
>>> Evaluate the following to get this look&feel:
>> After this, I can't manage to get the World menu anymore. I click on the
>> desktop but nothing appears. I saved my image and restart but it doesn't
>> change anything.

Germán Arduino:
> Try right button (in Windows) and then "old desktop menu...(W)".

I get the menu with this, thanks. Is it a normal behavior or a bug ?

--
Damien Cassou

Re: [ANN] 7024... SmallLand :)

garduino
It's the normal behavior of SmallLand image, AFAIK.

Cheers.
gsa.