[ANN] 7035 available

stéphane ducasse-2
with squeakmap fixed (normally) :)

Re: [ANN] 7035 available

Randal L. Schwartz

stéphane> with squeakmap fixed (normally) :)

Will http://ftp.squeak.org/3.9alpha/ be updated soon?  I'm having trouble
updating past 7029... getting some DNU errors.

Re: [ANN] 7035 available

Ken Causey-3
uhm.  We are in beta now.

http://ftp.squeak.org/3.9beta/

or to avoid the alpha/beta/gamma/release issue in the future just use

http://ftp.squeak.org/3.9/

which should always point to the directory for the current release
status.

Ken

On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 09:21 -0700, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> stéphane> with squeakmap fixed (normally) :)
>
> Will http://ftp.squeak.org/3.9alpha/ be updated soon?  I'm having trouble
> updating past 7029... getting some DNU errors.

Re: [ANN] 7035 available

Klaus D. Witzel
Thank you Stef!

BTW have you made up your mind about Behavior class>>new and put the code
(don't tell the newbees ;-) from the class side to where it belongs, to
the instance side under Behavior>>initialize.

/Klaus

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 14:39:57 +0200, stéphane ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> with squeakmap fixed (normally) :)
>
> Stef

Re: [ANN] 7035 available

stéphane ducasse-2

On 21 juin 06, at 21:07, Klaus D. Witzel wrote:

> Thank you Stef!
>
> BTW have you made up your mind about Behavior class>>new and put
> the code (don't tell the newbees ;-) from the class side to where
> it belongs, to the instance side under Behavior>>initialize.

  I think that what you propose is correct. Do you have a cs
somewhere :)?

Marcus kicks my ass by saying that we should really only fix urgent
bugs. And he is right!
I worked a bit on producing faster scripts (I should have done that
10 months ago).
Still my time is quite short and I lost lot of time on understanding
why we lost history of certain packages.
Now this is fixed. I'm looking at condenseChange problems but the two
next weeks are bad for me.

[BUG] cannot load simple .cs [was: [ANN] 7035 available]

Klaus D. Witzel
Hi Stef,

on Thu, 22 Jun 2006 09:48:08 +0200, you wrote:

> On 21 juin 06, at 21:07, Klaus D. Witzel wrote:
>
>> Thank you Stef!
>>
>> BTW have you made up your mind about Behavior class>>new and put the
>> code (don't tell the newbees ;-) from the class side to where it
>> belongs, to the instance side under Behavior>>initialize.
>
>   I think that what you propose is correct. Do you have a cs somewhere
> :)?

Yes, it is attached to new bug report

- http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=3837

When I filed in the .cs a serious MC/SM error (dunno which one exactly)
happend.

Does anybody know what to do with this MC/SM problem? It errs with "Could
not find version 'SMLoader-gk.24'. Maybe you need to add a repository?"

What do I have to do? Has anybody more success when loading the tiny
little Behavior-class-new-kwl.2.cs?

Note that it errs after it did many, many times "snapshotting classes,
methods, diffing..." (that took minutes).

> Marcus kicks my ass by saying that we should really only fix urgent
> bugs. And he is right!

NP.

> I worked a bit on producing faster scripts (I should have done that 10
> months ago).

Sure, later one always is smarter (same here, called "learning" ;-)

/Klaus

> Still my time is quite short and I lost lot of time on understanding why
> we lost history of certain packages.
> Now this is fixed. I'm looking at condenseChange problems but the two
> next weeks are bad for me.
>
> Stef

Re: [BUG] cannot load simple .cs [was: [ANN] 7035 available]

Klaus D. Witzel
Oops! When attempting to reproduce with a fresh image, file
Behavior-class-new-kwl.2.cs loaded and Behavior-class-new-kwl.1.cs
reproduced the error.

I'm sorry, Behavior-class-new-kwl.1.cs looks like it is corrupted.

Stef, can you confirm that Behavior-class-new-kwl.2.cs works for you (I
did SUnit tests before and after, see preamble in the .cs).

/Klaus

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 15:54:03 +0200, Klaus D. Witzel
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Stef,
>
> on Thu, 22 Jun 2006 09:48:08 +0200, you wrote:
>> On 21 juin 06, at 21:07, Klaus D. Witzel wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you Stef!
>>>
>>> BTW have you made up your mind about Behavior class>>new and put the
>>> code (don't tell the newbees ;-) from the class side to where it
>>> belongs, to the instance side under Behavior>>initialize.
>>
>>   I think that what you propose is correct. Do you have a cs somewhere
>> :)?
>
> Yes, it is attached to new bug report
>
> - http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=3837
>
> When I filed in the .cs a serious MC/SM error (dunno which one exactly)
> happend.
>
> Does anybody know what to do with this MC/SM problem? It errs with
> "Could not find version 'SMLoader-gk.24'. Maybe you need to add a
> repository?"
>
> What do I have to do? Has anybody more success when loading the tiny
> little Behavior-class-new-kwl.2.cs?
>
> Note that it errs after it did many, many times "snapshotting classes,
> methods, diffing..." (that took minutes).
>
>> Marcus kicks my ass by saying that we should really only fix urgent
>> bugs. And he is right!
>
> NP.
>
>> I worked a bit on producing faster scripts (I should have done that 10
>> months ago).
>
> Sure, later one always is smarter (same here, called "learning" ;-)
>
> /Klaus
>
>> Still my time is quite short and I lost lot of time on understanding
>> why we lost history of certain packages.
>> Now this is fixed. I'm looking at condenseChange problems but the two
>> next weeks are bad for me.
>>
>> Stef

Re: [BUG] cannot load simple .cs [was: [ANN] 7035 available]

stéphane ducasse-2
I have to run now (moving tomorrow).

Stef

> Oops! When attempting to reproduce with a fresh image, file
> Behavior-class-new-kwl.2.cs loaded and Behavior-class-new-kwl.1.cs
> reproduced the error.
>
> I'm sorry, Behavior-class-new-kwl.1.cs looks like it is corrupted.
>
> Stef, can you confirm that Behavior-class-new-kwl.2.cs works for
> you (I did SUnit tests before and after, see preamble in the .cs).
>
> /Klaus

What you should do to help is:
        take latest image
        load you cs
        publish a mcz
        take the latest image
        load the mcz
        because if this is not working then we should really issues a cs and
republish a mcz + synced image....

Stef

PS: with these kinds of changes the order is important. So may be
this is a problem there.

Re: [ANN] 7035 available

cdavidshaffer
stéphane ducasse wrote:

> On 21 juin 06, at 21:07, Klaus D. Witzel wrote:
>
>> Thank you Stef!
>>
>> BTW have you made up your mind about Behavior class>>new and put  the
>> code (don't tell the newbees ;-) from the class side to where  it
>> belongs, to the instance side under Behavior>>initialize.
>

>  I think that what you propose is correct. Do you have a cs  somewhere
> :)?
>
> Marcus kicks my ass by saying that we should really only fix urgent
> bugs. And he is right!
> I worked a bit on producing faster scripts (I should have done that
> 10 months ago).
> Still my time is quite short and I lost lot of time on understanding
> why we lost history of certain packages.
> Now this is fixed. I'm looking at condenseChange problems but the two
> next weeks are bad for me.
>
> Stef

How about:

http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=3405

Includes fix for UUID which is the only client I could find which still
had problems.

David