[ANN] Alan Kay to talk about "Next steps for qualitatively improving programming" at HPI in Potsdam

12

Re: [fonc] Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] Alan Kay to talk about "Next steps for qualitatively improving programming" at HPI in Potsdam

Brad Fuller-4
On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 07:27, Casimiro de Almeida Barreto
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Em 23-07-2011 22:32, Juan Vuletich escreveu:
>> Casey Ransberger wrote:
>>> Drat. Tried to convert this, but I just get a dialog that says
>>> "convert only works from a local file." I don't see an option to pull
>>> the actual video file down, and IIRC .ram files are like trackers
>>> that point at a stream rather than being the actual video data? I
>>> have a feeling that the reason I'm unable to do this is by design,
>>> but I'm not certain.
>>
>> I believe it is "by design" of the real stream server and client. But
>> if the server doesn't disable access from the web server, you can get
>> them. The http urls are:
>> http://stream.hpi.uni-potsdam.de:8080/Archive/HPIK_SS11/HPIK_2011_07_21_01_STREAM_video.rm
>>
>> http://stream.hpi.uni-potsdam.de:8080/Archive/HPIK_SS11/HPIK_2011_07_21_01_STREAM_desktop.rm
>>
>> The smil file is in an attach I just sent to the FONC mail list, you
>> can get it from there.
> Ok, I downloaded the files .rm to my box (Fedora 15 i686) & converted to
> mpeg (ntsc-dvd format) with:
>
> ffmpeg -i $FILE -target ntsc-dvd $OUTPUT_FILE
>
> So, I have both files in mpeg format. If someone have a suitable place,
> I can upload files so other people can use them. I'm not sure about
> copyrights and stuff like that...

I've converted them as well and am going to composite both into one
but I haven't had the time. If someone beats me to it, great! If not,
I'll make it available hopefully soon.

Re: [fonc] Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] Alan Kay to talk about "Next steps for qualitatively improving programming" at HPI in Potsdam

Andres Valloud-4
Use Avisynth and VirtualDub.

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 07:42, Brad Fuller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've converted them as well and am going to composite both into one
> but I haven't had the time. If someone beats me to it, great! If not,
> I'll make it available hopefully soon.

I've put them together and I'll make it available today sometime.

Re: [ANN] Alan Kay to talk about "Next steps for qualitatively improving programming" at HPI in Potsdam

Brad Fuller-4
On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 14:06, Robert Hirschfeld
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> A recording of Alan's talk is available online at
>
>  http://www.tele-task.de/de/archive/lecture/overview/5819/

I've taken the two files that were supplied in RealMedia format,
composited to one file and made them available in AVC/MP4 on my site.
There are two versions available, 245MB and 500MB.

http://www.bradfuller.com/squeak/

Please Note: I don't know if these are copyrighted, if so, and you'd
like me to remove them, I will do so immediately.

If I had the original files, the quality would have been better, but I
think they will do fine. If you have the originals, and want my edits,
please let me know and I can substitute the files I have easily and
re-render. I can also make them smaller size if you'd like.

brad

Re: [fonc] Re: [ANN] Alan Kay to talk about "Next steps for qualitatively improving programming" at HPI in Potsdam

Hilaire Fernandes
I have to write the latest videos of Alan Kay are very neat, with both
the slides and Alan.

Thanks

Hilaire

Le 25/07/2011 13:11, Hilaire Fernandes a écrit :
> I know administration does understand much about open format, but the
> use of Ogg/Theora will just make straightforward the watching of these
> videos worldwide, system independently.

12