[ANN] Amber Skeleton 0.9

Dale Henrichs
I am pleased to announce the initial availability of the Amber Skeleton project[1].

Amber Skeleton is a template project for creating your own Amber-based projects:

  - No need to fork the entire Amber project when you start your own
    project. Amber is linked using `git submodule`.
  - Easily incorporate Amber packages from other Amber projects into
    your own project.
  - Share code with other Smalltalk dialects using the Cypress package
    export format[4]. Amber Skeleton supports the classic
    .st/.js/.deploy.js export formats, as well.
  - embedded Pharo-based file server base on Laurent Laffont's Amber 0.9.1
    OneClick[3]. Pharo file server code and Amber client code managed in
    same github project (pharo source managed using FileTree[6] a
    Monticello-based Cypress implementation).

For more details take a look at the project README[2].

Please provide feedback (comments/questions/problems) on the Amber Skeleton issues list[5].

Dale

[1] https://github.com/dalehenrich/amber-skeleton
[2] https://github.com/dalehenrich/amber-skeleton/blob/master/README.md
[3] http://forum.world.st/ANN-Amber-0-9-1-OneClick-td4378569.html
[4] https://github.com/CampSmalltalk/Cypress
[5] https://github.com/dalehenrich/amber-skeleton/issues
[6] https://github.com/dalehenrich/filetree

Re: [ANN] Amber Skeleton 0.9

gokr
On 04/23/2012 03:20 AM, Dale Henrichs wrote:
> I am pleased to announce the initial availability of the Amber Skeleton project[1].

Seems way cool! So much fun stuff going on in Amber, we are gaining
momentum it seems. I presented Amber at our little SweSUG meeting 3 days
ago and I think all got intrigued. Now I am doing a more prepared
presentation at Stockholm GTUG on thursday, will be fun since that is
not a "Smalltalk audience".

cheers, Göran

Re: [ANN] Amber Skeleton 0.9

Sebastian Nozzi-2
This is good news! I especially like the feature: