[ANN] BioSmalltalk published in Bioinformatics Journal

[ANN] BioSmalltalk published in Bioinformatics Journal

hernanmd
Dear Smalltalkers,

I am proud to announce that Bioinformatics Journal has accepted and
published my article "BioSmalltalk: A pure object system and library for
bioinformatics".

Bioinformatics is the leading journal in the Bioinformatics field, and
publishes the highest quality scientific papers and review articles of
interest to academic and industrial researchers.

http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2013/07/09/bioinformatics.btt398.abstract

I want to thank you, all the nice people who write regularly and helped
me in these lists over last three years. And feel free to join the Bio*
lists, there is always new cool things to do!

Best regards,

http://code.google.com/p/biosmalltalk/

Hernán Morales
Institute of Veterinary Genetics.
National Scientific and Technical Research Council (CONICET).
La Plata (1900), Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Telephone: +54 (0221) 421-1799.
Internal: 422
Fax: 425-7980 or 421-1799.

Re: [ANN] BioSmalltalk published in Bioinformatics Journal

Hannes Hirzel
Congratulations, Hernán

>From the abstract:

http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2013/07/09/bioinformatics.btt398.abstract

<citation>
Our software is intended to bridge the gap between bioscientists and
rapid software prototyping while preserving possibility of scaling to
whole systems biology applications.
BioSmalltalk performs better in terms of execution time and memory
usage than Biopython and BioPerl for some classical situations.
</citation>

On 7/16/13, Hernán Morales Durand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Smalltalkers,
>
> I am proud to announce that Bioinformatics Journal has accepted and
> published my article "BioSmalltalk: A pure object system and library for
> bioinformatics".
>
> Bioinformatics is the leading journal in the Bioinformatics field, and
> publishes the highest quality scientific papers and review articles of
> interest to academic and industrial researchers.
>
> http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2013/07/09/bioinformatics.btt398.abstract
>
> I want to thank you, all the nice people who write regularly and helped
> me in these lists over last three years. And feel free to join the Bio*
> lists, there is always new cool things to do!
>
> Best regards,
>
> http://code.google.com/p/biosmalltalk/
>
> Hernán Morales
> Institute of Veterinary Genetics.
> National Scientific and Technical Research Council (CONICET).
> La Plata (1900), Buenos Aires, Argentina.
> Telephone: +54 (0221) 421-1799.
> Internal: 422
> Fax: 425-7980 or 421-1799.

Re: [ANN] BioSmalltalk published in Bioinformatics Journal

Casey Ransberger-2
Hey wow congrats man that's wonderful!

On Jul 15, 2013, at 11:30 PM, Hernán Morales Durand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Smalltalkers,
>
> I am proud to announce that Bioinformatics Journal has accepted and published my article "BioSmalltalk: A pure object system and library for bioinformatics".
>
> Bioinformatics is the leading journal in the Bioinformatics field, and publishes the highest quality scientific papers and review articles of interest to academic and industrial researchers.
>
> http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2013/07/09/bioinformatics.btt398.abstract
>
> I want to thank you, all the nice people who write regularly and helped me in these lists over last three years. And feel free to join the Bio* lists, there is always new cool things to do!
>
> Best regards,
>
> http://code.google.com/p/biosmalltalk/
>
> Hernán Morales
> Institute of Veterinary Genetics.
> National Scientific and Technical Research Council (CONICET).
> La Plata (1900), Buenos Aires, Argentina.
> Telephone: +54 (0221) 421-1799.
> Internal: 422
> Fax: 425-7980 or 421-1799.

Re: [ANN] BioSmalltalk published in Bioinformatics Journal

garduino
+1 !!

--
Saludos / Regards,
Germán Arduino

Re: [SPAM] [squeak-dev] [ANN] BioSmalltalk published in Bioinformatics Journal

Mateusz Grotek
congratulations :-)

Re: [ANN] BioSmalltalk published in Bioinformatics Journal

Edgar De Cleene

On 7/16/13 3:30 AM, "Hernán Morales Durand" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Dear Smalltalkers,
>
> I am proud to announce that Bioinformatics Journal has accepted and
> published my article "BioSmalltalk: A pure object system and library for
> bioinformatics".
>
> Bioinformatics is the leading journal in the Bioinformatics field, and
> publishes the highest quality scientific papers and review articles of
> interest to academic and industrial researchers.
>
> http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2013/07/09/bioinformati
> cs.btt398.abstract
>
> I want to thank you, all the nice people who write regularly and helped
> me in these lists over last three years. And feel free to join the Bio*
> lists, there is always new cool things to do!
>
> Best regards,
>
> http://code.google.com/p/biosmalltalk/
>
> Hernán Morales
> Institute of Veterinary Genetics.
> National Scientific and Technical Research Council (CONICET).
> La Plata (1900), Buenos Aires, Argentina.
> Telephone: +54 (0221) 421-1799.
> Internal: 422
> Fax: 425-7980 or 421-1799.

Cool work