[ANN]BrowserBooster

Romain Robbes
        Hi lists,

Available on SqueakMap and SqueakSource, Browser Booster is a set of
services greatly improving your developer experience in squeak. It
enhances every browser with:

-refactorings
-unit test support
-history navigation (previous/next browsed methods)
-remembering and keeping track of unsaved methods
-hypertext navigation
-environments to narrow down senders and implementors
-quick access to any piece of code via teleportation!

Depending on Services, Browser Booster can only be installed in
Squeak 3.9. Before installing it, you must install the following two
packages:
-AST
-Refactoring Engine for 3.9

Browser Booster is a merge of the refactoring support in all
browsers, BrowseUnit, and various other productivity enhancements I
made.
These functionalities can be bound to keyboard shortcuts for yet an
extra boost in productivity...

There is more detailled information on how to use these new features
in the documentation that will pop up after the package loads.
Browser Booster enhances the class browser, the message list browser,
and OmniBrowser (not all features are yet available for OmniBrowser,
but the refactorings are).

        Enjoy and give me feedback,
                Romain

--
Romain Robbes
http://romain.robb.es

Re: [ANN]BrowserBooster

stephane ducasse-2
Sounds really cool.
Romain may be we could move the services for refactoring in the
refactoring Engine package?
What do you think about that?

On 13 sept. 06, at 17:54, Romain Robbes wrote:

> Hi lists,
>
> Available on SqueakMap and SqueakSource, Browser Booster is a set
> of services greatly improving your developer experience in squeak.
> It enhances every browser with:
>
> -refactorings
> -unit test support
> -history navigation (previous/next browsed methods)
> -remembering and keeping track of unsaved methods
> -hypertext navigation
> -environments to narrow down senders and implementors
> -quick access to any piece of code via teleportation!
>
> Depending on Services, Browser Booster can only be installed in
> Squeak 3.9. Before installing it, you must install the following
> two packages:
> -AST
> -Refactoring Engine for 3.9
>
> Browser Booster is a merge of the refactoring support in all
> browsers, BrowseUnit, and various other productivity enhancements I
> made.
> These functionalities can be bound to keyboard shortcuts for yet an
> extra boost in productivity...
>
> There is more detailled information on how to use these new
> features in the documentation that will pop up after the package
> loads.
> Browser Booster enhances the class browser, the message list
> browser, and OmniBrowser (not all features are yet available for
> OmniBrowser,
> but the refactorings are).
>
> Enjoy and give me feedback,
> Romain
>
> --
> Romain Robbes
> http://romain.robb.es

Re: [ANN]BrowserBooster

stephane ducasse-2
Could you please do that?
This would be great.

Stef

On 13 sept. 06, at 21:36, Romain Robbes wrote:

> Yes, that could be done too. That way the RB would be really stand-
> alone.
>
> Romain
>
> Il giorno Sep 13, 2006, alle ore 8:30 PM, stephane ducasse ha scritto:
>
>> Sounds really cool.
>> Romain may be we could move the services for refactoring in the
>> refactoring Engine package?
>> What do you think about that?
>>
>> On 13 sept. 06, at 17:54, Romain Robbes wrote:
>>
>>> Hi lists,
>>>
>>> Available on SqueakMap and SqueakSource, Browser Booster is a set
>>> of services greatly improving your developer experience in
>>> squeak. It enhances every browser with:
>>>
>>> -refactorings
>>> -unit test support
>>> -history navigation (previous/next browsed methods)
>>> -remembering and keeping track of unsaved methods
>>> -hypertext navigation
>>> -environments to narrow down senders and implementors
>>> -quick access to any piece of code via teleportation!
>>>
>>> Depending on Services, Browser Booster can only be installed in
>>> Squeak 3.9. Before installing it, you must install the following
>>> two packages:
>>> -AST
>>> -Refactoring Engine for 3.9
>>>
>>> Browser Booster is a merge of the refactoring support in all
>>> browsers, BrowseUnit, and various other productivity enhancements
>>> I made.
>>> These functionalities can be bound to keyboard shortcuts for yet
>>> an extra boost in productivity...
>>>
>>> There is more detailled information on how to use these new
>>> features in the documentation that will pop up after the package
>>> loads.
>>> Browser Booster enhances the class browser, the message list
>>> browser, and OmniBrowser (not all features are yet available for
>>> OmniBrowser,
>>> but the refactorings are).
>>>
>>> Enjoy and give me feedback,
>>> Romain
>>>
>>> --
>>> Romain Robbes
>>> http://romain.robb.es
>>>

> --
> Romain Robbes
> http://romain.robb.es

Re: [ANN]BrowserBooster

Damien Cassou-3
Romain Robbes a écrit :
>     Hi lists,
>
> Available on SqueakMap and SqueakSource, Browser Booster is a set of
> services greatly improving your developer experience in squeak. It
> enhances every browser with:

In the SqueakMap comment you have written:

"
   YOU MUST INSTALL THESE PACKAGES FIRST:
   -AST
   -Refactoring Engine for 3.8
"

but Refactoring Engine is for 3.9 only.

The version of omni browser I have in Squeak 3.9 seems not to be
affected by your package (no buttons).

--
Damien Cassou

Re: [ANN]BrowserBooster

Romain Robbes

Il giorno Sep 14, 2006, alle ore 2:06 PM, Damien Cassou ha scritto:

Romain Robbes a écrit :
    Hi lists,
Available on SqueakMap and SqueakSource, Browser Booster is a set of services greatly improving your developer experience in squeak. It enhances every browser with:

In the SqueakMap comment you have written:

"
  YOU MUST INSTALL THESE PACKAGES FIRST:
  -AST
  -Refactoring Engine for 3.8
"

but Refactoring Engine is for 3.9 only.

well, that was a stupid typo ;-)

The version of omni browser I have in Squeak 3.9 seems not to be affected by your package (no buttons).

you're right ... I still have a few packaging issues.

Romain

--
Damien Cassou

--
Romain Robbes

Re: [ANN]BrowserBooster

Hilaire Fernandes-3
Your enhancement are pretty nice.

Hilaire

Romain Robbes a écrit :

> Il giorno Sep 14, 2006, alle ore 2:06 PM, Damien Cassou ha scritto:

>>>     Hi lists,

Re: [ANN]BrowserBooster

Damien Cassou-3
Romain Robbes a écrit :

> Il giorno Sep 14, 2006, alle ore 2:06 PM, Damien Cassou ha scritto:
>
>> Romain Robbes a écrit :
>> The version of omni browser I have in Squeak 3.9 seems not to be
>> affected by your package (no buttons).
>>

> you're right ... I still have a few packaging issues.

Can you tell me when you solve them to include your tool in squeak-dev
image ?

--
Damien Cassou