[ANN] Collaborative Curved Space Explorer in Croquet

[ANN] Collaborative Curved Space Explorer in Croquet

Nikolay Suslov
Hello,

Happy to announce, that the first version of Collaborative Curved Space Explorer - CCSE SDK 1.0a is out!

Collaborative Curved Space Explorer (CCSE) - is viewed to be in future the full-featured multi-user toolbox for exploring the structure of curved spaces in 3D (based on Croquet) with real-time rendering in curved spaces. Jeff Weeks originally developed (and continue developing now) the application Curved Spaces for exploring and rendering curved spaces in real-time using C language. CCSE is actually the port of it main part into Smalltalk and Croquet. Thus it allows to run complex time-based simulations and achieve a very deep level of collaborative interactions.

More information and screen-shots here:
http://nsuslovi.blogspot.com/2009/12/collaborative-curved-space-explorer-v10.html

Croquet Source code:
http://jabberwocky.croquetproject.org:8889/CCurvedSpaceExplorer.html

Open Cobalt support:
http://croquet-src-01.oit.duke.edu:8886/CurvedSpacesInCobalt,html

Ready-to-try distributions with CCSE included:

1. Krestianstvo (on russian)
2. Open Croquet 1.0.25 SDK
3. Open Cobalt R26 alpha SDK

Happy exploring!

Thanks,
Nikolay Suslov

Re: [ANN] Collaborative Curved Space Explorer in Croquet

Nikolay Suslov
For Window's users, I reuploaded the right working distributions.

But if you have already downloaded some of them earlier, just  update with Monticello from the croquetsource to get all things working.

Thanks,
Nikolay

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 10:10 AM, Nikolay Suslov <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Nikolay Suslov

Re: [croquet-dev] [ANN] Collaborative Curved Space Explorer in Croquet

Nikolay Suslov
Hello Ed,

Yes, I have done some experimental steps on the way to Open Cobalt integration.  It is available to try out, and the links are below in the CCSE announcement mail.

Best regards,
Nikolay

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 5:27 PM, Ed Boyce <[hidden email]> wrote:
Nikolay,

  Very, very awesome!

  I was wondering whether you have looked into seeing that it gets ported
to the Open Cobalt branch (www.opencobalt.org) of Croquet, or if you
have already done so?

     Best Regards,

       Ed Boyce