[ANN] DNS - reverse lookup

J J-6
Hi all,

I don't know who is maintaining the package at this point, or where is the
authoritative location for it, but here is a change set that adds reverse
lookups into the package.  Now you can do:

NameResolver default reverseLookup: #(85 10 195 197)  " ==>
'box2.squeakfoundation.org' "

Don't know if anyone is using this package or not, but if so let me know.
It seems to have support for zone transfers etc. in the lower level code
(haven't done any testing on it), just not in the interface class.  But if
someone wants to use the package to manage their DNS servers I don't think
it would be too hard to add.  I could take a whack at it if there is
interest.

Thanks,
Jason

http://maps.live.com/?icid=hmtag3

DNSFixes.1.cs (3K) Download Attachment

Re: [ANN] DNS - reverse lookup

Philippe Marschall
Hi

I made a SqueakSource project for it:
http://www.squeaksource.com/dnsclient.html
I added you as a dev (I hope I picked the right Jason)

Cheers
Philippe

2007/4/14, J J <[hidden email]>:

> Hi all,
>
> I don't know who is maintaining the package at this point, or where is the
> authoritative location for it, but here is a change set that adds reverse
> lookups into the package.  Now you can do:
>
> NameResolver default reverseLookup: #(85 10 195 197)  " ==>
> 'box2.squeakfoundation.org' "
>
> Don't know if anyone is using this package or not, but if so let me know.
> It seems to have support for zone transfers etc. in the lower level code
> (haven't done any testing on it), just not in the interface class.  But if
> someone wants to use the package to manage their DNS servers I don't think
> it would be too hard to add.  I could take a whack at it if there is
> interest.
>
> Thanks,
> Jason

> Need a break? Find your escape route with Live Search Maps.
> http://maps.live.com/?icid=hmtag3

Re: [ANN] DNS - reverse lookup

J J-6
Cool, thanks.  Yea, that's me.

>From: "Philippe Marschall" <[hidden email]>
>To: "The general-purpose Squeak developers
>list"<[hidden email]>
>Subject: Re: [ANN] DNS - reverse lookup
>Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 11:47:35 +0200
>
>Hi
>
>I made a SqueakSource project for it:
>http://www.squeaksource.com/dnsclient.html
>I added you as a dev (I hope I picked the right Jason)
>
>Cheers
>Philippe
>
>2007/4/14, J J <[hidden email]>:
>>Hi all,
>>
>>I don't know who is maintaining the package at this point, or where is the
>>authoritative location for it, but here is a change set that adds reverse
>>lookups into the package.  Now you can do:
>>
>>NameResolver default reverseLookup: #(85 10 195 197)  " ==>
>>'box2.squeakfoundation.org' "
>>
>>Don't know if anyone is using this package or not, but if so let me know.
>>It seems to have support for zone transfers etc. in the lower level code
>>(haven't done any testing on it), just not in the interface class.  But if
>>someone wants to use the package to manage their DNS servers I don't think
>>it would be too hard to add.  I could take a whack at it if there is
>>interest.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Jason

>>Need a break? Find your escape route with Live Search Maps.
>>http://maps.live.com/?icid=hmtag3

Re: [ANN] DNS - reverse lookup

stephanrayan197