[ANN] Extraction of Pillar from Pier

Damien Cassou
Dear readers,

I've just extracted Pillar out of Pier (baseline 3.10). Pillar is a
syntax (the good-old Pier syntax), its parser, a document model, and
exporters. Pier now depends on Pillar and provide a CMS (with its
Morph and Seaside views).

https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Pier3/

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Re: [ANN] Extraction of Pillar from Pier

Tudor Girba-2
Great job, Damien!

Doru

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 5:28 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear readers,

I've just extracted Pillar out of Pier (baseline 3.10). Pillar is a
syntax (the good-old Pier syntax), its parser, a document model, and
exporters. Pier now depends on Pillar and provide a CMS (with its
Morph and Seaside views).

https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Pier3/

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

"Every thing has its own flow"

Magritte Editor issue?

JupiterJones
Hi all,

I’m attempting to teach myself magritte and was looking at the seaside magritte editor example and had a question:

In the editor when I select Single Option (or multiple) I get the error: 'MADescription is abstract.’

>From the stack it looks like it’s created an ExternalEditor which then uses a ToOneRelationDescription, and when it tries to get a reference it’s attempting to create a new MADescription… causing the error.

Is this what it’s supposed to do? I seem to remember playing with the editor (a long time ago) and it all working… but that’s probably my mind playing tricks.

I built a fresh pharo 2 with only magritte and seaside and found the same issue. I tried a fresh 1.4 but had errors loading magritte and was too lazy to work them out :)

Should the editor work with all the description types in the popup?

Cheers,

Jupiter

Re: Magritte Editor issue?

Damien Cassou
On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 4:59 AM, Jupiter Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I’m attempting to teach myself magritte and was looking at the seaside magritte editor example and had a question:
>
> In the editor when I select Single Option (or multiple) I get the error: 'MADescription is abstract.’

could you please give us all the steps to reproduce your problem?
Starting with "Download this stuff there" is important.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Re: Magritte Editor issue?

JupiterJones
Hi Damien,

Thanks for the reply.

Absolutely :)

I started with Pharo 2 image 20619 and vm pre-6 for mac os x.and did the pharo system update.

from... MCHttpRepository
        location: 'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main'
        user: ‘’
…downloaded… ConfigurationOfSeaside3-PaulDeBruicker.68
…and loaded with… (ConfigurationOfSeaside3 project version: #stable) load

and from... MCHttpRepository
        location: 'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Magritte/Magritte3/main'
        user: ''
        password: ‘'
…downloaded… ConfigurationOfMagritte3-TudorGirba.56
…and loaded with… (ConfigurationOfMagritte3 project version: #stable) load

…then installed… Magritte-Seaside-NickAger.354

That’t it.

Did I load the wrong stuff?

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Jupiter

On 7 Nov 2013, at 11:24 pm, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 4:59 AM, Jupiter Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I’m attempting to teach myself magritte and was looking at the seaside magritte editor example and had a question:
>>
>> In the editor when I select Single Option (or multiple) I get the error: 'MADescription is abstract.’
>

> could you please give us all the steps to reproduce your problem?
> Starting with "Download this stuff there" is important.
>
> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>
> "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without
> losing enthusiasm."
> Winston Churchill

Fwd: Magritte Editor issue?

JupiterJones
I forgot to then mention that to reproduce the error, try creating a “single-option” (or multi- or a couple of the other descriptions). When you click add, the exception occurs.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Jupiter

Begin forwarded message:

On Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 10:46 AM, Jupiter Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Did I load the wrong stuff?

I can reproduce the problem. Detailed steps:

Gofer new
    smalltalkhubUser: 'Magritte' project: 'Magritte3';
    configuration;
    loadStable.

(ConfigurationOfMagritte3 project version: #stable) load: 'Seaside'.

(ConfigurationOfSeaside3 project version: #stable) load: 'Zinc-Seaside'.

ZnZincServerAdaptor startOn: 8080.

Open http://localhost:8080/magritte/editor, select "Single-Option",
and press "Add".

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 3:06 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I can reproduce the problem.

anyone?

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Re: Magritte Editor issue?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Damien Cassou wrote
anyone?
I can reproduce, but I don't know what the problem is...
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Magritte Editor issue?

John McKeon
Hi all,
I probably should have spoken up sooner about this. sorry.

The problem is related to the fact that, in Magritte3, you have to instantiate a class before you can access its description.

MARelationDescription>>reference attempts to get the description of the class returned by MARelationDescription>>commonClass. But the commonClass is MADescription and instantiating it fails because it is "abstract". You could change MADescription>>isAbstract to return true and it should work but that could break something somewhere else. (I do not have an image handy with Magritte3 installed or I would try it myself). Otherwise, have a look at MAReferenceDescription class>>descriptionReference and you will notice that it builds its classes from MADescription allConcreteClasses. This is what causes the commonClass method to return MADescription. Perhaps changing the base class to MAElementDescription might work?

Hope this helps.
John

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 11:31 AM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Damien Cassou wrote
> anyone?

I can reproduce, but I don't know what the problem is...

-----
Cheers,
Sean

jmck.seasidehosting.st

Re: Magritte Editor issue?

John McKeon
The attached filein fixes the issue.

With Magritte-XmlBinding installed, you get other errors related to xmlTarget having an identity crisis as it either DNU xmlAttributeName or DNU xmlElementName. The description of an MAElementDescription attempts to send both messages to the model. This occurs without the attached fix so its not related. My image is Pharo1.4 from a Pier3 One-Click I believe.
I am mentioning this on this thread because it appears to be only related to the edtior.

Best regards,
John

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 9:46 AM, John McKeon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,
I probably should have spoken up sooner about this. sorry.

The problem is related to the fact that, in Magritte3, you have to instantiate a class before you can access its description.

MARelationDescription>>reference attempts to get the description of the class returned by MARelationDescription>>commonClass. But the commonClass is MADescription and instantiating it fails because it is "abstract". You could change MADescription>>isAbstract to return true and it should work but that could break something somewhere else. (I do not have an image handy with Magritte3 installed or I would try it myself). Otherwise, have a look at MAReferenceDescription class>>descriptionReference and you will notice that it builds its classes from MADescription allConcreteClasses. This is what causes the commonClass method to return MADescription. Perhaps changing the base class to MAElementDescription might work?

Hope this helps.
John

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 11:31 AM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Damien Cassou wrote
> anyone?

I can reproduce, but I don't know what the problem is...

-----
Cheers,
Sean

jmck.seasidehosting.st

--
jmck.seasidehosting.st

MAReferenceDescription-descriptionReference.st (566 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Magritte Editor issue?

Damien Cassou
On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 9:19 PM, John McKeon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The attached filein fixes the issue.

thank you. It works indeed. I commited:

Name: Magritte-Model-DamienCassou.432
Author: DamienCassou
Time: 25 November 2013, 2:29:31.858 pm
UUID: be7222f8-c988-4915-8319-b19f60bc9f3d
Ancestors: Magritte-Model-NickAger.431

- John McKeon: Fix for this bug: