[ANN] FileMan departs from FileDirectory

[ANN] FileMan departs from FileDirectory

Masashi UMEZAWA-2
Hi all,

I've just updated FileMan. It was refactored not to use FileDierctory.

http://map.squeak.org/package/f9917683-25da-4a6c-a013-b36527a100c1/autoversion/13

Since it is the first refactored version, it might be unstable and
should be tested well. Please feel free to mail me if you find some
bugs.

Regards,
[:masashi | ^umezawa]

Re: [ANN] FileMan departs from FileDirectory

stephane ducasse
What do you use instead?
I thought that it wouldbe cool to use passport (in the chronos
package) to have the same abstrctaion for files than VW.

Stef

On 17 mars 07, at 04:19, Masashi UMEZAWA wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've just updated FileMan. It was refactored not to use FileDierctory.
>
> http://map.squeak.org/package/f9917683-25da-4a6c-a013-b36527a100c1/
> autoversion/13
>
> Since it is the first refactored version, it might be unstable and
> should be tested well. Please feel free to mail me if you find some
> bugs.
>
> Regards,
> --
> [:masashi | ^umezawa]

Re: [ANN] FileMan departs from FileDirectory

Masashi UMEZAWA-2
Hi Stef,

I wrote a small adapter by myself (FmFileIOAccessor). But since I'm
thinking to port FileMan to VW (or other Smalltalk dialects), I'll
take a look at Passport library.

Thanks for the info.

[:masashi | ^umezawa]

Re: [ANN] FileMan departs from FileDirectory

Pierce Ng-2
On Sat, Mar 17, 2007 at 03:15:43PM +0100, stephane ducasse wrote:
> I thought that it wouldbe cool to use passport (in the chronos
> package) to have the same abstrctaion for files than VW.

There is also `sport', by Bruce Badger:

    Sport provides a consistent interface to things which are implemented
    differently in most Smalltalk dialects. Sport provides wrappers for
    Exceptions, Times & Dates, Files, Sockets and more.

    So far, Sport is implemented in VisualWorks, Gemstone, Squeak, Visual
    Age for Smalltalk and Dolphin Smalltalk X6.

I recall reading (on Usenet?) of an effort to port sport to Ambrai
Smalltalk.

I tried the Squeak version a while ago, but didn't get it to load cleanly.
(I forgot which versions.)