[ANN] Fuel 1.8.1

1234

Re: [ANN] Fuel 1.8.1

tinchodias
Hello Hannes,

We didn't note this buggy comment. I'm sorry. I guess it is wrong
since we moved the ability to serialize CompiledMethods from the core
Fuel package to an optional one, named FuelMetalevel. Probably we will
revert this in 1.9, so the example will be valid again... I loaded
FuelMetalevel in Squeak 4.3 but the tests are red, but probably

On the other side, I'm updating the documentation on our webpage, it
is almost exactly the same than in 1.8.

Thank you; any feedback is more than welcome!

Regards,
Martin

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 1:47 PM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> [Test]

> All 252 tests are green.
>
> Thank you, Max, for your porting work. This is a very useful asset to
> have in Squeak.
>

> A thing which does not work:
> The example in  the class comment of FLSerializer gives a walkback
>

> | sourceArray  loadedArray |
> sourceArray :=
>         Array
>                 with: 'a string'
>                 with: Transcript
>                 with: [ Transcript show: 'a string' ].
>
> "Store to the file"
> FLSerializer serialize: sourceArray toFileNamed: 'example.FL'.
>
> "Load from the file"
> loadedArray := FLMaterializer materializeFromFileNamed: 'example.FL'.
>

> Without having to serialize the block [ Transcript show: 'a string' ]
> it runs fine.
>
> | sourceArray  loadedArray |
> sourceArray :=
>         Array
>                 with: 'a string'
>                 with: Transcript.
>
> "Store to the file"
> FLSerializer serialize: sourceArray toFileNamed: 'example0.FL'.
>
> "Load from the file"
> loadedArray := FLMaterializer materializeFromFileNamed: 'example0.FL'.
>

> --Hannes
>

> On 1/2/13, Max Leske <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Thanks guys!

>>> No problemo, I just made it a Community Supported package.  Now anyone
>>> will be able to add or update the release entry's.

Re: [ANN] Fuel 1.8.1

tinchodias
On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 4:29 PM, Martin Dias <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello Hannes,
>
> We didn't note this buggy comment. I'm sorry. I guess it is wrong
> since we moved the ability to serialize CompiledMethods from the core
> Fuel package to an optional one, named FuelMetalevel. Probably we will
> revert this in 1.9, so the example will be valid again... I loaded
> FuelMetalevel in Squeak 4.3 but the tests are red, but probably

Ouch, I didn't finish the sentence:
I loaded FuelMetalevel in Squeak 4.3 but the tests are red, but
probably it's easy to make it work.

> On the other side, I'm updating the documentation on our webpage, it
> is almost exactly the same than in 1.8.
>
> Thank you; any feedback is more than welcome!
>
> Regards,
> Martin
>
> On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 1:47 PM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> [Test]

>> All 252 tests are green.
>>
>> Thank you, Max, for your porting work. This is a very useful asset to
>> have in Squeak.
>>

>> A thing which does not work:
>> The example in  the class comment of FLSerializer gives a walkback
>>

>> | sourceArray  loadedArray |
>> sourceArray :=
>>         Array
>>                 with: 'a string'
>>                 with: Transcript
>>                 with: [ Transcript show: 'a string' ].
>>
>> "Store to the file"
>> FLSerializer serialize: sourceArray toFileNamed: 'example.FL'.
>>
>> "Load from the file"
>> loadedArray := FLMaterializer materializeFromFileNamed: 'example.FL'.
>>

>> Without having to serialize the block [ Transcript show: 'a string' ]
>> it runs fine.
>>
>> | sourceArray  loadedArray |
>> sourceArray :=
>>         Array
>>                 with: 'a string'
>>                 with: Transcript.
>>
>> "Store to the file"
>> FLSerializer serialize: sourceArray toFileNamed: 'example0.FL'.
>>
>> "Load from the file"
>> loadedArray := FLMaterializer materializeFromFileNamed: 'example0.FL'.
>>

>> --Hannes
>>

>> On 1/2/13, Max Leske <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Thanks guys!

Re: [ANN] Fuel 1.8.1

Hannes Hirzel
Hello Martin

thank you for the quick answer.

Actually I just wanted to report the error in that comment.

 For what I want to use Fuel 1.8.1 at the moment I do not need it to
serialize blocks.

Thank you as well for your Squeak porting effort.

Kind regards
Hannes

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Martin Dias <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 4:29 PM, Martin Dias <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello Hannes,
>>
>> We didn't note this buggy comment. I'm sorry. I guess it is wrong
>> since we moved the ability to serialize CompiledMethods from the core
>> Fuel package to an optional one, named FuelMetalevel. Probably we will
>> revert this in 1.9, so the example will be valid again... I loaded
>> FuelMetalevel in Squeak 4.3 but the tests are red, but probably
>
> Ouch, I didn't finish the sentence:
> I loaded FuelMetalevel in Squeak 4.3 but the tests are red, but
> probably it's easy to make it work.

I didn't explain the problem you had:

When you evaluated the snippet of code, it was compiled to a temporary
#DoIt method (not installed into the method dictionary). Then, the
example serialized a blockclosure, that was defined into the
not-installed #DoIt. By default, Fuel serializes the CompiledMethods
just as a class name and a selector. So, when you try to materialize
the blockclosure, Fuel asks the method dictionary for the #DoIt, which
is not there. So signals an error.
Using FuelMetalevel, you can tell Fuel to fully serialize the
CompiledMethods, so DoIt can be serialized and materialized, no matter
if it is installed or not.

Best regards.

>> On the other side, I'm updating the documentation on our webpage, it
>> is almost exactly the same than in 1.8.
>>
>> Thank you; any feedback is more than welcome!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Martin
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 1:47 PM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> [Test]

>>> All 252 tests are green.
>>>
>>> Thank you, Max, for your porting work. This is a very useful asset to
>>> have in Squeak.
>>>

>>> A thing which does not work:
>>> The example in  the class comment of FLSerializer gives a walkback
>>>

>>> | sourceArray  loadedArray |
>>> sourceArray :=
>>>         Array
>>>                 with: 'a string'
>>>                 with: Transcript
>>>                 with: [ Transcript show: 'a string' ].
>>>
>>> "Store to the file"
>>> FLSerializer serialize: sourceArray toFileNamed: 'example.FL'.
>>>
>>> "Load from the file"
>>> loadedArray := FLMaterializer materializeFromFileNamed: 'example.FL'.
>>>

>>> Without having to serialize the block [ Transcript show: 'a string' ]
>>> it runs fine.
>>>
>>> | sourceArray  loadedArray |
>>> sourceArray :=
>>>         Array
>>>                 with: 'a string'
>>>                 with: Transcript.
>>>
>>> "Store to the file"
>>> FLSerializer serialize: sourceArray toFileNamed: 'example0.FL'.
>>>
>>> "Load from the file"
>>> loadedArray := FLMaterializer materializeFromFileNamed: 'example0.FL'.
>>>

>>> --Hannes

Re: [ANN] Fuel 1.8.1

tinchodias

> I didn't explain the problem you had:
>
> When you evaluated the snippet of code, it was compiled to a temporary
> #DoIt method (not installed into the method dictionary). Then, the
> example serialized a blockclosure, that was defined into the
> not-installed #DoIt. By default, Fuel serializes the CompiledMethods
> just as a class name and a selector. So, when you try to materialize
> the blockclosure, Fuel asks the method dictionary for the #DoIt, which
> is not there. So signals an error.
> Using FuelMetalevel, you can tell Fuel to fully serialize the
> CompiledMethods, so DoIt can be serialized and materialized, no matter
> if it is installed or not.
Just to complete the idea... if the block closure were installed in a
class, then there will be no error. If you file-in the attached file
and evaluate:

FLSerializer example.

I works, so you can see a string printed in the Transcript.

Martín

FLSerializer class-example.st (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [ANN] Fuel 1.8.1

Hannes Hirzel
Hello Martín

I wanted to try out a simpler example first, just a few Morphs and had
problems with it.

The test case
---------------------

A) Create a RectangleMorph with 4 submorphs and serialize it.

I a Morphic project I evaluate the following code. It serializes a
morph into a file called

4ColoredDots.FL.

"Example taken from: http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/52"

m := RectangleMorph new.
m layoutPolicy: TableLayout new.
m listDirection: #leftToRight.
"If you omit this expression you get the default "
"m listDirection: #topToBottom."
m hResizing: #shrinkWrap.
m vResizing: #shrinkWrap.

m addMorph: (EllipseMorph new extent: 40@40; color: Color red).
m addMorph: (EllipseMorph new extent: 50@50; color: Color yellow).
m addMorph: (EllipseMorph new extent: 60@60; color: Color green).
m addMorph: (EllipseMorph new extent: 70@70; color: Color blue).
m openInWorld.

"Store to the file"
FLSerializer serialize: r toFileNamed: '4coloredDots.FL'.

B) Loading  file '4coloredDots.FL'  into another Morphic project

I open another Morphic project and evaluate.

"Load from the file"
| r |
r := FLMaterializer materializeFromFileNamed: '4coloredDots.FL'.
r inspect.
World addMorph: r.

PROBLEM
----------------

r is nil.

QUESTION
----------------

What am I missing here?
Maybe this example is not actually simpler but more complicated than
the one you gave in the previous mail.... :-(

In any case illustrative comments are appreciated.

Kind regards

Hannes Hirzel

On 1/3/13, Martin Dias <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> I didn't explain the problem you had:
>>
>> When you evaluated the snippet of code, it was compiled to a temporary
>> #DoIt method (not installed into the method dictionary). Then, the
>> example serialized a blockclosure, that was defined into the
>> not-installed #DoIt. By default, Fuel serializes the CompiledMethods
>> just as a class name and a selector. So, when you try to materialize
>> the blockclosure, Fuel asks the method dictionary for the #DoIt, which
>> is not there. So signals an error.
>> Using FuelMetalevel, you can tell Fuel to fully serialize the
>> CompiledMethods, so DoIt can be serialized and materialized, no matter
>> if it is installed or not.
>
> Just to complete the idea... if the block closure were installed in a
> class, then there will be no error. If you file-in the attached file
> and evaluate:
>
> FLSerializer example.
>
> I works, so you can see a string printed in the Transcript.
>
> Martín

Re: [ANN] Fuel 1.8.1

tinchodias
Hi Hannes,

I tried it and then discovered the tiny typing error: actually you are
serializing nil, because r is not initialized. For sure you wanted to
serialize the contents of m, instead.

So replacing r by m, it worked fine.

:)

thanks, feedback is welcome! best regards
Martín

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 1:44 PM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> "Load from the file"
> | r |
> r := FLMaterializer materializeFromFileNamed: '4coloredDots.FL'.
> r inspect.
> World addMorph: r.

Re: [ANN] Fuel 1.8.1

Hannes Hirzel
Thank you Martín
for reviewing the test.

Indeed it works after correcting the typo.

A slightly different example works also fine.

In one Morphic Project I do

     FLSerializer serialize: World submorphs toFileNamed: 'myExample2.FL'.

In another I get it back with

   | r |
   r := FLMaterializer materializeFromFileNamed: 'myExample2.FL'.
   r do: [ :m | (m isKindOf: DockingBarMorph) ifFalse: [World addMorph: m.]]

In fact this recreates as well the Workspace used for serializing but
this does not matter as it can easily be closed.

Very simple to use. Nice.

--Hannes

On 1/4/13, Martin Dias <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Hannes,
>
> I tried it and then discovered the tiny typing error: actually you are
> serializing nil, because r is not initialized. For sure you wanted to
> serialize the contents of m, instead.
>
> So replacing r by m, it worked fine.
>
> :)
>
> thanks, feedback is welcome! best regards
> Martín
>

> On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 1:44 PM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> "Load from the file"
>> | r |
>> r := FLMaterializer materializeFromFileNamed: '4coloredDots.FL'.
>> r inspect.
>> World addMorph: r.

Re: [ANN] Fuel 1.8.1

Ken G. Brown
I tried loading Fuel 1.8.1 into Squeak4.4-12327 via SqueakMap, and also get all green tests, 252 run. COG 2640 vm on Mac OS X 10.7.5.
After switching to trunk and updating to 12371, the Fuel tests no longer run green, getting 242 errors.

When loading Fuel from SqueakMap, it complains that there is no version for my version of Squeak, and then says there is no published version at all, but seems to load if you click to try the latest unpublished version.

Ken G. Brown

On 2013-01-03, at 5:47 AM, H. Hirzel wrote:

> Hello
>
> [Test]

> All 252 tests are green.
>
> Thank you, Max, for your porting work. This is a very useful asset to
> have in Squeak.
>

> A thing which does not work:
> The example in  the class comment of FLSerializer gives a walkback
>

> | sourceArray  loadedArray |
> sourceArray :=
> Array
> with: 'a string'
> with: Transcript
> with: [ Transcript show: 'a string' ].
>
> "Store to the file"
> FLSerializer serialize: sourceArray toFileNamed: 'example.FL'.
>
> "Load from the file"
> loadedArray := FLMaterializer materializeFromFileNamed: 'example.FL'.
>

> Without having to serialize the block [ Transcript show: 'a string' ]
> it runs fine.
>
> | sourceArray  loadedArray |
> sourceArray :=
> Array
> with: 'a string'
> with: Transcript.
>
> "Store to the file"
> FLSerializer serialize: sourceArray toFileNamed: 'example0.FL'.
>
> "Load from the file"
> loadedArray := FLMaterializer materializeFromFileNamed: 'example0.FL'.
>

> --Hannes
>

> On 1/2/13, Max Leske <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Thanks guys!

>>> No problemo, I just made it a Community Supported package.  Now anyone
>>> will be able to add or update the release entry's.

Re: [ANN] Fuel 1.8.1

Max Leske
I can't find the version 12371 in trunk. Can you give me the url?

Max

On 07.01.2013, at 03:06, Ken G. Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I tried loading Fuel 1.8.1 into Squeak4.4-12327 via SqueakMap, and also get all green tests, 252 run. COG 2640 vm on Mac OS X 10.7.5.
> After switching to trunk and updating to 12371, the Fuel tests no longer run green, getting 242 errors.
>
> When loading Fuel from SqueakMap, it complains that there is no version for my version of Squeak, and then says there is no published version at all, but seems to load if you click to try the latest unpublished version.
>
> Ken G. Brown
>

> On 2013-01-03, at 5:47 AM, H. Hirzel wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> [Test]

>> All 252 tests are green.
>>
>> Thank you, Max, for your porting work. This is a very useful asset to
>> have in Squeak.
>>

>> A thing which does not work:
>> The example in  the class comment of FLSerializer gives a walkback
>>

>> | sourceArray  loadedArray |
>> sourceArray :=
>> Array
>> with: 'a string'
>> with: Transcript
>> with: [ Transcript show: 'a string' ].
>>
>> "Store to the file"
>> FLSerializer serialize: sourceArray toFileNamed: 'example.FL'.
>>
>> "Load from the file"
>> loadedArray := FLMaterializer materializeFromFileNamed: 'example.FL'.
>>

>> Without having to serialize the block [ Transcript show: 'a string' ]
>> it runs fine.
>>
>> | sourceArray  loadedArray |
>> sourceArray :=
>> Array
>> with: 'a string'
>> with: Transcript.
>>
>> "Store to the file"
>> FLSerializer serialize: sourceArray toFileNamed: 'example0.FL'.
>>
>> "Load from the file"
>> loadedArray := FLMaterializer materializeFromFileNamed: 'example0.FL'.
>>

>> --Hannes
>>

>> On 1/2/13, Max Leske <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Thanks guys!

Re: [ANN] Fuel 1.8.1

Ken G. Brown
When you set Squeak4.4-12327 to point to trunk for updates by doIt:

MCMcmUpdater defaultUpdateURL: 'http://source.squeak.org/trunk'.

then do Update Squeak from the Squeak menu, it updates to 12371 currently.

   Ken

On 2013-01-06, at 10:18 PM, Max Leske wrote:

> I can't find the version 12371 in trunk. Can you give me the url?
>
> Max
>

> On 07.01.2013, at 03:06, Ken G. Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I tried loading Fuel 1.8.1 into Squeak4.4-12327 via SqueakMap, and also get all green tests, 252 run. COG 2640 vm on Mac OS X 10.7.5.
>> After switching to trunk and updating to 12371, the Fuel tests no longer run green, getting 242 errors.
>>
>> When loading Fuel from SqueakMap, it complains that there is no version for my version of Squeak, and then says there is no published version at all, but seems to load if you click to try the latest unpublished version.
>>
>> Ken G. Brown
>>

>> On 2013-01-03, at 5:47 AM, H. Hirzel wrote:
>>
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> [Test]

>>> All 252 tests are green.
>>>
>>> Thank you, Max, for your porting work. This is a very useful asset to
>>> have in Squeak.
>>>

>>> A thing which does not work:
>>> The example in  the class comment of FLSerializer gives a walkback
>>>

>>> | sourceArray  loadedArray |
>>> sourceArray :=
>>> Array
>>> with: 'a string'
>>> with: Transcript
>>> with: [ Transcript show: 'a string' ].
>>>
>>> "Store to the file"
>>> FLSerializer serialize: sourceArray toFileNamed: 'example.FL'.
>>>
>>> "Load from the file"
>>> loadedArray := FLMaterializer materializeFromFileNamed: 'example.FL'.
>>>

>>> Without having to serialize the block [ Transcript show: 'a string' ]
>>> it runs fine.
>>>
>>> | sourceArray  loadedArray |
>>> sourceArray :=
>>> Array
>>> with: 'a string'
>>> with: Transcript.
>>>
>>> "Store to the file"
>>> FLSerializer serialize: sourceArray toFileNamed: 'example0.FL'.
>>>
>>> "Load from the file"
>>> loadedArray := FLMaterializer materializeFromFileNamed: 'example0.FL'.
>>>

>>> --Hannes

Re: [ANN] Fuel 1.8.1

Max Leske
Thanks, got it.
The culprit is a change that apparently makes "Smalltalks globals" en Environment object now. So alot of the former messages to that object (originally an IdentityDictionary) now fail. I'm fixing it and will post back when I'm done.

Max

On 07.01.2013, at 06:25, "Ken G. Brown" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> When you set Squeak4.4-12327 to point to trunk for updates by doIt:
>
> MCMcmUpdater defaultUpdateURL: 'http://source.squeak.org/trunk'.
>
> then do Update Squeak from the Squeak menu, it updates to 12371 currently.
>
>   Ken
>
> On 2013-01-06, at 10:18 PM, Max Leske wrote:
>
>> I can't find the version 12371 in trunk. Can you give me the url?
>>
>> Max
>>

>> On 07.01.2013, at 03:06, Ken G. Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I tried loading Fuel 1.8.1 into Squeak4.4-12327 via SqueakMap, and also get all green tests, 252 run. COG 2640 vm on Mac OS X 10.7.5.
>>> After switching to trunk and updating to 12371, the Fuel tests no longer run green, getting 242 errors.
>>>
>>> When loading Fuel from SqueakMap, it complains that there is no version for my version of Squeak, and then says there is no published version at all, but seems to load if you click to try the latest unpublished version.
>>>
>>> Ken G. Brown

Re: [ANN] Fuel 1.8.1

Max Leske
Because 4.4 is (apparently) still under development I will not update the configuration (SqueakMap release) at the moment. I did attach a fix for the globals problem though.
There's another issue with IdentityDictionaries that I wasn't able to fix quickly, which shouldnt be a problem in most cases.

Cheers,
Max

On 07.01.2013, at 07:28, Max Leske <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks, got it.
> The culprit is a change that apparently makes "Smalltalks globals" en Environment object now. So alot of the former messages to that object (originally an IdentityDictionary) now fail. I'm fixing it and will post back when I'm done.
>
> Max
>

> On 07.01.2013, at 06:25, "Ken G. Brown" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> When you set Squeak4.4-12327 to point to trunk for updates by doIt:
>>
>> MCMcmUpdater defaultUpdateURL: 'http://source.squeak.org/trunk'.
>>
>> then do Update Squeak from the Squeak menu, it updates to 12371 currently.
>>
>>  Ken
>>
>> On 2013-01-06, at 10:18 PM, Max Leske wrote:
>>
>>> I can't find the version 12371 in trunk. Can you give me the url?
>>>
>>> Max

Environment-*FuelSqueak45EnvironmentFix.st (553 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: [ANN] Fuel 1.8.1

Frank Shearar-3
On 07 Jan 2013, at 2:06, "Ken G. Brown" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I tried loading Fuel 1.8.1 into Squeak4.4-12327 via SqueakMap, and also get all green tests, 252 run. COG 2640 vm on Mac OS X 10.7.5.
> After switching to trunk and updating to 12371, the Fuel tests no longer run green, getting 242 errors.
>
> When loading Fuel from SqueakMap, it complains that there is no version for my version of Squeak, and then says there is no published version at all, but seems to load if you click to try the latest unpublished version.

Thanks for the report, Ken. There are as yet no 4.5 releases at all. Not surprising, given it's only just started.

I would _guess_ the regression's because of the Environments changes, which are pretty fundamental changes. Would you mind detailing the failures? Which tests, walkbacks and so on would be greatly appreciated!

frank

> Ken G. Brown
>

> On 2013-01-03, at 5:47 AM, H. Hirzel wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> [Test]

>> All 252 tests are green.
>>
>> Thank you, Max, for your porting work. This is a very useful asset to
>> have in Squeak.
>>

>> A thing which does not work:
>> The example in  the class comment of FLSerializer gives a walkback
>>

>> | sourceArray  loadedArray |
>> sourceArray :=
>>    Array
>>        with: 'a string'
>>        with: Transcript
>>        with: [ Transcript show: 'a string' ].
>>
>> "Store to the file"
>> FLSerializer serialize: sourceArray toFileNamed: 'example.FL'.
>>
>> "Load from the file"
>> loadedArray := FLMaterializer materializeFromFileNamed: 'example.FL'.
>>

>> Without having to serialize the block [ Transcript show: 'a string' ]
>> it runs fine.
>>
>> | sourceArray  loadedArray |
>> sourceArray :=
>>    Array
>>        with: 'a string'
>>        with: Transcript.
>>
>> "Store to the file"
>> FLSerializer serialize: sourceArray toFileNamed: 'example0.FL'.
>>
>> "Load from the file"
>> loadedArray := FLMaterializer materializeFromFileNamed: 'example0.FL'.
>>

>> --Hannes
>>

>> On 1/2/13, Max Leske <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Thanks guys!

Re: [ANN] Fuel 1.8.1

Frank Shearar-3
Ah great! Next time I'll try reading the full thread before replying!

frank

On 07.01.2013, at 09:29, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ah great! Next time I'll try reading the full thread before replying!

:D

On 7 January 2013 07:18, Max Leske <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Because 4.4 is (apparently) still under development I will not update the configuration (SqueakMap release) at the moment. I did attach a fix for the globals problem though.
> There's another issue with IdentityDictionaries that I wasn't able to fix quickly, which shouldnt be a problem in most cases.

4.4 is only under development in the sense of "if you find a bug we'll
fix it", but its active development is finished.

You know by now, but I'll repeat it here: Ken reported a failure in
Squeak 4.5 (trunk). You can get the latest release from CI here:
http://squeakci.org/job/ReleaseSqueakTrunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/target/Squeak4.5-12371.zip

frank

On 07.01.2013, at 10:37, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 7 January 2013 07:18, Max Leske <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Because 4.4 is (apparently) still under development I will not update the configuration (SqueakMap release) at the moment. I did attach a fix for the globals problem though.
>> There's another issue with IdentityDictionaries that I wasn't able to fix quickly, which shouldnt be a problem in most cases.
>
> 4.4 is only under development in the sense of "if you find a bug we'll
> fix it", but its active development is finished.
>
> You know by now, but I'll repeat it here: Ken reported a failure in
> Squeak 4.5 (trunk). You can get the latest release from CI here:
> http://squeakci.org/job/ReleaseSqueakTrunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/target/Squeak4.5-12371.zip

Ah, ok. Didn't realize that "trunk" meant 4.5. Thanks for the clarification.

So: Fuel for 4.4 runs with all tests green, 4.5 not yet supported (will wait until it stabilizes).

Max

On 7 January 2013 09:49, Max Leske <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 07.01.2013, at 10:37, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 7 January 2013 07:18, Max Leske <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Because 4.4 is (apparently) still under development I will not update the configuration (SqueakMap release) at the moment. I did attach a fix for the globals problem though.
>>> There's another issue with IdentityDictionaries that I wasn't able to fix quickly, which shouldnt be a problem in most cases.
>>
>> 4.4 is only under development in the sense of "if you find a bug we'll
>> fix it", but its active development is finished.
>>
>> You know by now, but I'll repeat it here: Ken reported a failure in
>> Squeak 4.5 (trunk). You can get the latest release from CI here:
>> http://squeakci.org/job/ReleaseSqueakTrunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/target/Squeak4.5-12371.zip
>
> Ah, ok. Didn't realize that "trunk" meant 4.5. Thanks for the clarification.
>
> So: Fuel for 4.4 runs with all tests green, 4.5 not yet supported (will wait until it stabilizes).

Yes, that's an excellent idea. Thanks, Max!

frank

> Max
>

>> frank
>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Max

Re: [ANN] Fuel 1.8.1

Max Leske
Could somone please update the SqueakMap release with the following:

Installer ss3
     project: 'Fuel';
     install: 'ConfigurationOfFuel-MarianoMartinezPeck.179'.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfFuel) load.

I tried to do it myself but I get a connection timeout (i did create a SqueakMap account for that a few minutes ago).

Thanks,
Max