[ANN] Gofer Project Loader 1.0 (BETA)

EstebanLM
Hi,
I want to announce the immediate release of GoferProjectLoader, a Gofer extension to manage Metacello configurations.
For all who want to know quickly what is this, here is a small synopsis:

GoferProjectLoader is a loader for Metacello configurations (A metacello configuration is a full project load tool, including package/project dependencies with it corresponding versions).
GoferProjectLoader automatically scan projects stored on MetacelloRepository, but you can add your private repositories as well.
GoferProjectLoader responsibilities include:

1) Install project versions and keep track of them.
2) Update configurations and upgrade projects (if desired).

GoferProjectLoader relies on Metacello and Gofer to perform this tasks (In fact, It can be thought as a Gofer extension to understand Metacello packages).

To load GoferProjectLoader, you need to do:

Gofer it
squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
package: 'ConfigurationOfGoferProjectLoader';
load.

ConfigurationOfGoferProjectLoader project lastVersion load.

With this... you'll never need again to perform once and again this repetitive configuration... instead, you can do things like:

Gofer project
load: 'Seaside30';
load: 'Pier2'.

You can see the full documentation here:

Now I'm working on the promised page for configurations...

Cheers,
Esteban

Re: [ANN] Gofer Project Loader 1.0 (BETA)

Miguel Cobá
El mié, 17-03-2010 a las 10:38 -0300, Esteban Lorenzano escribió:

> Hi,
> I want to announce the immediate release of GoferProjectLoader, a
> Gofer extension to manage Metacello configurations.
> For all who want to know quickly what is this, here is a small
> synopsis:
>

> GoferProjectLoader is a loader for Metacello configurations
> (A metacello configuration is a full project load tool,
> including package/project dependencies with it corresponding
> versions).
> GoferProjectLoader automatically scan projects stored
> on MetacelloRepository, but you can add your private repositories as
> well.
> GoferProjectLoader responsibilities include:
>

> 1) Install project versions and keep track of them.
> 2) Update configurations and upgrade projects (if desired).
>

> GoferProjectLoader relies on Metacello and Gofer to perform this
> tasks (In fact, It can be thought as a Gofer extension to
> understand Metacello packages).
>

> To load GoferProjectLoader, you need to do:
>

> Gofer it
> squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
> package: 'ConfigurationOfGoferProjectLoader';
> load.
>

> ConfigurationOfGoferProjectLoader project lastVersion load.
>

> With this... you'll never need again to perform once and again
> this repetitive configuration... instead, you can do things like:
>

> Gofer project
> load: 'Seaside30';
> load: 'Pier2'.
>

> You can see the full documentation here:
> http://www.smallworks.com.ar/en/community/GoferProjectLoader
>

> Now I'm working on the promised page for configurations...

Cool, very good work.
Now, what is the possibility to add this to the PharoCore 1.0 release?

--
Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: [ANN] Gofer Project Loader 1.0 (BETA)

Mariano Martinez Peck

Cool, very good work.
Now, what is the possibility to add this to the PharoCore 1.0 release?

Look the conversation in Pharo maling list.

Form my opinion, it shouldn't be loaded in core and I wouldn't put it in PharoDev 1.0, but in 1.1.

Cheers

Mariano

--
Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: [Pharo-project] [Seaside-dev] [ANN] Gofer Project Loader 1.0 (BETA)

Miguel Cobá
El mié, 17-03-2010 a las 18:26 +0000, Michael Roberts escribió:
> Pharo core is in release candidate phase so only critical bug fixes
> should go in.  Thanks mike

Ok, just curious :)

> On Wednesday, March 17, 2010, Mariano Martinez Peck
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> > Cool, very good work.
> > Now, what is the possibility to add this to the PharoCore 1.0 release?
> >

> > Look the conversation in Pharo maling list.
> >
> > Form my opinion, it shouldn't be loaded in core and I wouldn't put it in PharoDev 1.0, but in 1.1.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Mariano
> >

> >> Cheers,
> >> Esteban