Monticello, Metacello ...

Package, Configuration Management, Version Control using Monticello, Metacello ...
Metacello Topics Posts Last Post
Hi Dale, We are further advancing with Iceberg and its metacello integration here. Now iceberg is not package based anymore (though packages are still there :)). The thing is making iceberg package-independent required us to decouple us from monticello. And well, our metacello integrati... 0 0
by Guillermo Polito
Is it still possible to have a Configuration that bootstraps itself if Metacello is not present? Squeak 5.1 does not seem to come with MetaC pre-installed… From Squeak Dev <http://forum.world.st/TimeZoneDatabase-Can-t-Install-in-Squeak-5-1-tt5073034.html> : > 1. I manually ... 1 3
by Tobias Pape-3
I'm having a little trouble understanding what locks/conflict-blocks mean in the contexts of baselines. With configs, it makes sense to lock to say version 2.3.1. But what does the following actually mean? Metacello new baseline: 'Magritte3'; lock From a previous ML thread, Dale wro... 0 0
by Sean DeNigris
While I'm untangling the StateSpecs mess, allow me to ask a more general question: How does one handle Metacello conflicts in smalltalkCI? I have a GH fork of Magritte3 with many enhancements and fixes, on which I depend for many personal projects. I run into trouble when the "offici... 1 1
by Dale Henrichs-3
I was trying to load Phexample into Moose 6.1 and got a conflict for a dependency (StateSpecs) between an existing ConfigurationOfStateSpecs version and the ConfigurationOfStateSpecs version that was trying to be loaded. Here is the relevant load snippet: project: 'Phexample' with: [ spec... 1 3
by Dale Henrichs-3
Is there a way to get more information on the console about what Metacello is doing during a load? I couldn't find anything obvious in the Settings or ML… I have the following in the console, but I am not at all clear what it means, I'm assuming since "BaselineOfSimplePersistence&q... 1 2
by Sean DeNigris
Dale: I remember and understood perfectly the Metacello feature of having a platform specific package. Like MyApp-Pharo, MySpp-Gemstone....etc. Then I also understood the project properties and the conditional loading. Now, what I wonder is if it could be a good idea to have some feature to... 4 24
by Tobias Pape-3
Hi! Where is the latest doc (if there is an up-to-date one) for the Config/Baseline API? All the docs on GH (which are very good!!) seem to be about the scripting API… -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Metacello" group. To unsubscri... 1 3
by EstebanLM
Is it still recommended to have a separate Configuration branch? Thanks. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Metacello" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to metacello+unsubscribe@google... 1 7
by Dale Henrichs-3
Hi, thing is, while the notation provider://user/project:commitish/subdir <provider://user/project:commitish/subdir> … is cool, it does not cover a wide area, which is all the cases where standard procedure does not applies. I was thinking in a backward compatible notation, th... 3 10
by Dale Henrichs-3
Hi Dale, I am trying to load HighchartsSt as a dependency with Metacello. This worked perfectly on Pharo but when I try on GemStone I am getting an error. The way to reproduce it for me is as simple as this: MetacelloGemStonePlatform new downloadZipArchive: ' https://github.com/ba-st/Hi... 2 21
by Dale Henrichs-3
I'm trying to set up a private Bitbucket project with SmalltalkCI. The last time I tried to load a private Bitbucket project locally via Metacello, I found out [1] that, because Metacello downloads a zip file manually, SSH credentials are not considered, causing failure to load private pr... 1 8
by Sean DeNigris
Hi, I want to use atomic loadtype in a BaselineOf I used to set `prject loadType: #atomic` in the #project method of my ConfigurationOf, but it seems this does not work with BaselineOf. The reason we changed to atomic loading was that when loading in GemStone, this prevents broken classhi... 1 6
by Johan Brichau-3
Hi Dale, I've already a clone on disk, and I have several baselines that depend on the github repository that I've cloned. That is, in my dependencies I have urls like: github://... When I load my dependent baselines, I want that they go and look for my clone instead of refetching e... 2 10
by Dale Henrichs-3
Hi all, While using lock, I'm having the following warning: *** Warning: Warning: LOCK ENFORCED: Attempt to 'load with conflicts' new project: 'BaselineOf... [baseline] from github://...' when existing project: 'BaselineOf... [baseline] from filetree://../src' is locked. New project not... 1 1
by Dale Henrichs-3
I cannot find a way to workaround that. Latest Magritte 3.5.1 ends up using #baseline330: which calls #baseline310CommonExtDeps: That methods does: project: 'Seaside3' with: [ "note: we do not want to depend on Zinc, since this is not present in Squeak. Currently no adapter is l... 1 7
by Dale Henrichs-3
Hi, I want to update iceberg (which is on version dev-0.4) to dev-0.5, which includes update two projects: LibGit, Iceberg. I tried executing this: Metacello new baseline: 'LibGit'; repository: 'github://pharo-vcs/libgit2-pharo-bindings:v0.25.1'; onUpgrade: [ :ex :loaded :incomi... 1 5
by EstebanLM
I forked NeoCSV on GitHub. However, when I went to load my fork into an image, I realized that it seemed to be a straight package for package copy from an MCZ repo, and, as such, had a Config and not a Baseline. How does one manage such a project most effectively? Let's say I convert the C... 2 2
by Dale Henrichs-3
Hi, for backward compatibility, I need to be able to use metadataless format on Pharo 3.0… and looks like this instructions (taken from README.md), do not work for it... Metacello new baseline: 'Metacello'; repository: 'github://dalehenrich/metacello-work:master/repository'; get... 1 1
by Dale Henrichs-3
Hi, I would need a bit of help with understanding why ConfigurationOfMagritte3 #stable does not load in Pharo 6 from the command line. The story is that until recently, the SmalltalkImage>>metacelloPlatformAttributes included pharo5.x and now it only correctly includes pharo6.x. Thi... 1 5
by Dale Henrichs-3
View more »
Monticello Topics Posts Last Post
No sub-forums
get names of the currently loaded mcz files Topics Posts Last Post
No replies
Ho to add configurationOf to my repository Topics Posts Last Post
In the meantime, I found it;-) 0 0
by Sabine Manaa
Search whole monticello repository for a class Topics Posts Last Post
No replies
Trying to load grease into old pharo image Topics Posts Last Post
No replies
n00b question, relation between Monticello and Metacello dependencies? Topics Posts Last Post
No replies
verbose mode Topics Posts Last Post
No replies
Force refresh? Topics Posts Last Post
No replies