Monticello, Metacello ...

Package, Configuration Management, Version Control using Monticello, Metacello ...
Metacello Topics Posts Last Post
I can't quite figure out a reproducible case, but sometimes when I do a load script like the following, only the baseline gets loaded and re-running doesn't help. [ EpMonitor current disable. Metacello new baseline: 'ComputerWorld'; repository: 'github://seandenigris/Computer-World'; ... 1 4
by Sean DeNigris
In the two baselines below, I assumed that since one used "requires" and the other "includes", there would be no circular dependency. Unfortunately, when I try to load or record, MetaC churns endlessly between the two. Here's one: baseline: spec <baseline> ... 1 7
by Dale Henrichs-3
I did the following: Metacello new baseline: 'PharoEnhancements'; repository: 'github://seandenigris/Pharo-Enhancements'; record. But rather than return a `MetacelloVersionLoadDirective` as per the docs <https://github.com/dalehenrich/metacello-work/blob/master/docs/MetacelloScrip... 1 1
by Dale Henrichs-3
I'm working on the Magritte baseline (here <https://github.com/magritte-metamodel/magritte/blob/master/source/BaselineOfMagritte.package/BaselineOfMagritte.class/instance/baseline330ForPharo..st> is the Pharo part) and it gets more and more complex as time goes on because there are s... 1 5
by Dale Henrichs-3
Is there any guarantee about what order entities will be loaded in? For example, if I have in a Baseline `spec package: 'MyPackage' with: [ spec requires: #(OtherPackage OtherProject1 OtherProject2) ]`, can I say anything about the order in which the requirements are loaded? Thx -- Yo... 1 1
by Dale Henrichs-3
For SimplePersistence, I'm trying to have a concept of libraries being in "Library" mode (i.e. loaded as a dependency of a larger project) or "End-User" mode (i.e. used as-is). In "Library" Mode, persistence should not be automatically be enabled because the o... 1 7
by Dale Henrichs-3
Hi - I'm using a BaselineOf & I have every mcz package I need to load into a stone in a local directory on my disk. Some configurations and baselines used by my BaselineOf use Smalltalkhub as their repositories. Smalltalkhub is misbehaving in that some files that the web ui show... 1 1
by Dale Henrichs-3
I'm getting a DNU #ifTrue:ifFalse which seems to come from somewhere deep inside Metacello. The top of the call chain is: > > DoItIn: arg1 > ^ (MetacelloSkipDirtyPackageLoad signal: self) > ifTrue: [ | tmp2 | > tmp2 := Transcript. > tmp2 > cr; > show: 'Skipp... 1 3
by Dale Henrichs-3
Dear all, Pharo days registration is open since two weeks now, and we are starting to work on the schedule and organising the social event :) Register now! Pharo days is a gathering of the Pharo community to exchange, discuss and code with your online colleagues. Join us to share your... 0 0
by EstebanLM
Dear all, I am pleased to announce that registration for Pharo Days 2019 is now open! Pharo days is a gathering of the Pharo community to exchange, discuss and code with your online colleagues. Join us to share your experiences and help to make a better Pharo! To register, please proc... 0 0
by EstebanLM
Hi Dale, In GS 3.3.1 and 3.4.3 I'm having an issue when I try to clone two different git repos from the same github organization and it fails because of a directory exists error. The conflict checking code doesn't seem to be looking at the github organization level, not the repo level. Bu... 0 0
by Paul DeBruicker
Hi - I'm trying to load a project into a Pharo 6.1 64bit image on a mac . One of the dependencies specifies loading ConfigurationOfCommandShell from squeaksource.com. I have several versions of ConfigurationOfCommandShell in my image's package-cache and also in the directory I've... 1 1
by Dale Henrichs-3
Hi - I'm trying to load a project into a Pharo 6.1 64bit image on a mac . One of the dependencies specifies loading ConfigurationOfCommandShell from squeaksource.com. I have several versions of ConfigurationOfCommandShell in my image's package-cache and also in the directory I've... 0 0
by Paul DeBruicker
I was hoping to simplify a baseline to the following: BaselineOfPetitParser2>>#baseline: spec <baseline> spec for: #'common' do: [ spec baseline: 'PetitParser2Core'. spec baseline: 'PetitParser2Languages'. ] Where PetitParser2Languages and PetitParser2Core are in the... 0 0
by Sean DeNigris
Hi Dale, We are further advancing with Iceberg and its metacello integration here. Now iceberg is not package based anymore (though packages are still there :)). The thing is making iceberg package-independent required us to decouple us from monticello. And well, our metacello integrati... 0 0
by Guillermo Polito
Is it still possible to have a Configuration that bootstraps itself if Metacello is not present? Squeak 5.1 does not seem to come with MetaC pre-installed… From Squeak Dev <http://forum.world.st/TimeZoneDatabase-Can-t-Install-in-Squeak-5-1-tt5073034.html> : > 1. I manually ... 1 3
by Tobias Pape-3
I'm having a little trouble understanding what locks/conflict-blocks mean in the contexts of baselines. With configs, it makes sense to lock to say version 2.3.1. But what does the following actually mean? Metacello new baseline: 'Magritte3'; lock From a previous ML thread, Dale wro... 0 0
by Sean DeNigris
While I'm untangling the StateSpecs mess, allow me to ask a more general question: How does one handle Metacello conflicts in smalltalkCI? I have a GH fork of Magritte3 with many enhancements and fixes, on which I depend for many personal projects. I run into trouble when the "offici... 1 1
by Dale Henrichs-3
I was trying to load Phexample into Moose 6.1 and got a conflict for a dependency (StateSpecs) between an existing ConfigurationOfStateSpecs version and the ConfigurationOfStateSpecs version that was trying to be loaded. Here is the relevant load snippet: project: 'Phexample' with: [ spec... 1 3
by Dale Henrichs-3
Is there a way to get more information on the console about what Metacello is doing during a load? I couldn't find anything obvious in the Settings or ML… I have the following in the console, but I am not at all clear what it means, I'm assuming since "BaselineOfSimplePersistence&q... 1 2
by Sean DeNigris
View more »
Monticello Topics Posts Last Post
No sub-forums
get names of the currently loaded mcz files Topics Posts Last Post
No replies
Ho to add configurationOf to my repository Topics Posts Last Post
In the meantime, I found it;-) 0 0
by Sabine Manaa
Search whole monticello repository for a class Topics Posts Last Post
No replies
Trying to load grease into old pharo image Topics Posts Last Post
No replies
n00b question, relation between Monticello and Metacello dependencies? Topics Posts Last Post
No replies
verbose mode Topics Posts Last Post
No replies
Force refresh? Topics Posts Last Post
No replies