Monticello, Metacello ...

Package, Configuration Management, Version Control using Monticello, Metacello ...
Metacello Topics Posts Last Post
I forked NeoCSV on GitHub. However, when I went to load my fork into an image, I realized that it seemed to be a straight package for package copy from an MCZ repo, and, as such, had a Config and not a Baseline. How does one manage such a project most effectively? Let's say I convert the C... 1 1
by sean.p.denigris
Hi, for backward compatibility, I need to be able to use metadataless format on Pharo 3.0… and looks like this instructions (taken from README.md), do not work for it... Metacello new baseline: 'Metacello'; repository: 'github://dalehenrich/metacello-work:master/repository'; get... 1 1
by Dale Henrichs-3
Hi, I would need a bit of help with understanding why ConfigurationOfMagritte3 #stable does not load in Pharo 6 from the command line. The story is that until recently, the SmalltalkImage>>metacelloPlatformAttributes included pharo5.x and now it only correctly includes pharo6.x. Thi... 1 5
by Dale Henrichs-3
Does #lock work for Configurations the same way I understand it for baselines? In other words, if one evaluated: Metacello new configuration: 'Sample'; repository: 'filetree://<fulll-path-to-directory>; lock. Would that load the packages from filetree:/... 1 1
by Dale Henrichs-3
Is it still possible to set #customProjectAttributes when using a BaselineOf instead of a config? -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Metacello" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to m... 1 3
by Dale Henrichs-3
I got tired of manually converting Configs into Baselines, so I wrote a little script. You pass it the selector of a #baselineXyz: method, and it converts it (i.e. changes the pragma, removes the blessing and repo, etc) Hopefully you will find it useful. Cross posting to Pharo Users list... ... 0 0
by sean.p.denigris
I got tired of manually converting Configs into Baselines, so I wrote a little script. You pass it the selector of a #baselineXyz: method, and it converts it (i.e. changes the pragma, removes the blessing and repo, etc) Hopefully you will find it useful. Cross posting to Pharo Users list... C... 0 0
by Sean P. DeNigris
---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Hernán Morales Durand <hernan.morales@gmail.com> Date: 2016-04-21 1:05 GMT-03:00 Subject: Re: [Pharo-dev] Add download+uncompress behavior to Metacello? To: Pharo Development List <pharo-dev@lists.pharo.org> Hi, I checked Meta... 0 0
by hernanmd
I want the following to be the symbolic #development spec in my ConfigurationOf: spec for: #common do: [ spec baseline: 'BabyPhexample' with: [ spec repository: 'github://seandenigris/Baby-Phexample/repository' ] ] I tried to p... 1 3
by sean.p.denigris
I have my personal preferences in a DeNigrisPreferences project, which I load via startup script from a local Filetree repository. I can do this because I am currently managing platform differences via Metacello and platform packages. Am I correct that "The Git Way" wou... 1 5
by sean.p.denigris
I have my personal preferences in a DeNigrisPreferences project, which I load via startup script from a local Filetree repository. I can do this because I am currently managing platform differences via Metacello and platform packages. Am I correct that "The Git Way" would be to have a ... 0 0
by Sean P. DeNigris
Hi, I need to write something like this: spec for: #'common' do: [ ... spec group: 'default' with: #('Core' 'Tests' 'Tools') ]. spec for: #'pharo3.x' do: [ spec group: 'default' with: #('Core' 'Tests') ] That means, excluding package from an older pharo ... 1 2
by EstebanLM
Thanks Max, > Hi Dario, > >> On 15 Jan 2016, at 16:58, Trussardi Dario Romano <dario.trussardi@tiscali.it> wrote: >> >> Ciao, >> >> i have some packages with some class definition. >> >> Now the package1 define Class1 and Cla... 1 1
by Dale Henrichs-3
Ciao, i work with Pharo 4.0. I follow Dale considerations ( 12 dicembre 2014 ) : > So a dev cycle would go like the following: > > 1. develop in Pharo. > 2. save packages to filetree repo in git repository > 3. at bash shell prompt `git add .` then `git com... 1 3
by Dale Henrichs-3
I'm posting this because I ran into this problem a few times and keep forgetting what's wrong! Hopefully, it will save someone else a headache :) In MyMainProject's baseline, I have: baseline: 'MyPrivateDependentProject' with: [ spec repository: 'bi... 1 1
by Dale Henrichs-3
In BaselineOfMyProject>>baseline:, I have: spec baseline: ‘Dependent Project' with: [ spec repository: 'github://seandenigris/DependentProject:master/repository' ]. IIUC, using github:// will give me a read-only copy, right? Is it frozen, or can it be updated to the la... 1 4
by Dale Henrichs-3
Hi Dale, The Metacello that is loaded by the ConfigurationOfSeaside3 does not include platform attributes for Squeak 4.6 & 5.0. Is there a version that does? Here is a modified version of the #defaultPlatformAttributes method in the event its not been updated anywhere else: ... 1 8
by Tobias Pape-3
Where can I learn more about how e.g. ~= and ~> work? I dug into the code a bit, but I'm still not entirely clear... Thanks! 2 5
by Dale Henrichs-3
IIUC, the prefered way to manage GitHub projects via Metacello is to define only a baseline, and then load it via the scripting API. Is that correct? If so, how does one manage #development and #stable versions? See the following example... ConfigurationOfGitFileTree>>version05: spe... 1 15
by Dale Henrichs-3
Could we have such a hook? The use case is that Magritte3 moved from lukas' server to StHub, creating a cascade of unknowingly out-of-date configurations - Magritte3AddOns, MagritteMagic, etc. As Magritte3 evolved, even loading the baseline of the downstream projects didn't help because it wa... 2 9
by Dale Henrichs-3
View more »
Monticello Topics Posts Last Post
No sub-forums
get names of the currently loaded mcz files Topics Posts Last Post
No replies
Ho to add configurationOf to my repository Topics Posts Last Post
In the meantime, I found it;-) 0 0
by Sabine Manaa
Search whole monticello repository for a class Topics Posts Last Post
No replies
Trying to load grease into old pharo image Topics Posts Last Post
No replies
n00b question, relation between Monticello and Metacello dependencies? Topics Posts Last Post
No replies
verbose mode Topics Posts Last Post
No replies
Force refresh? Topics Posts Last Post
No replies