Load order guarantees?

Sean DeNigris
Is there any guarantee about what order entities will be loaded in? For example, if I have in a Baseline `spec package: 'MyPackage' with: [ spec requires: #(OtherPackage OtherProject1 OtherProject2) ]`, can I say anything about the order in which the requirements are loaded? Thx

Re: Load order guarantees?

Dale Henrichs-3

On 1/16/20 7:44 AM, Sean DeNigris wrote:
> Is there any guarantee about what order entities will be loaded in?
> For example, if I have in a Baseline `spec package: 'MyPackage' with:
> [ spec requires: #(OtherPackage OtherProject1 OtherProject2) ]`, can I
> say anything about the order in which the requirements are loaded? Thx

The only guarantee in this spec is that MyPackage will be loaded last.

You can put `requires:` on the OtherPackage to control it's order
relative to OtherProject1 and OtherProject2 .. if OtherPackage does not
require anything in OtherProject1 or OtherProject2 then there will be no
guarantee about when it will be loaded relative to the two projects ....
and if it doesn't require anything in OtherProject1 or OtherProject2 it
shouldn't matter when it is loaded ...

If OtherProject1 has a requires on OtherProject2 (or vice versa) then
that requires would force an order, otherwise it shouldn't matter which
order the projects are loaded...

Dale