[ANN] HTML and CSS Parser on SqueakSource

[ANN] HTML and CSS Parser on SqueakSource

David Faught
Todd Blanchard wrote:
>I've released the underlying technology behind http://www.badpage.info and
>placed it on squeaksource.
>
>http://www.squeaksource.com/htmlcssparser

When I tried to load HTML-tb.28.mcz into a Squeak 3.8 full image, I
get the warning:

This package depends on the following classes:
  WAScriptLibrary
You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load
these definitions:
  HtmlJSLint
  HtmlJSLint>>script

Where do I find WAScriptLibrary to resolve this?  Or is that really necessary?

Re: [ANN] HTML and CSS Parser on SqueakSource

tblanchard
Eeek!  That's a Seaside dependency that crept in.  You don't need it
- its a half implemented feature and only applies to the web app.
The parser/dom/validator doesn't care.  In fact, I've just uploaded a
new version (30) that should fix this (I hope).

Sorry about that.

On Apr 17, 2006, at 10:39 AM, David Faught wrote:

> Todd Blanchard wrote:
>> I've released the underlying technology behind http://
>> www.badpage.info and
>> placed it on squeaksource.
>>
>> http://www.squeaksource.com/htmlcssparser
>
> When I tried to load HTML-tb.28.mcz into a Squeak 3.8 full image, I
> get the warning:
>
> This package depends on the following classes:
>   WAScriptLibrary
> You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load
> these definitions:
>   HtmlJSLint
>   HtmlJSLint>>script
>
> Where do I find WAScriptLibrary to resolve this?  Or is that really
> necessary?

Re: [ANN] HTML and CSS Parser on SqueakSource

Tim Johnson-6

On Apr 17, 2006, at 9:47 PM, Todd Blanchard wrote:

> Eeek!  That's a Seaside dependency that crept in.  You don't need it -
> its a half implemented feature and only applies to the web app.  The
> parser/dom/validator doesn't care.  In fact, I've just uploaded a new
> version (30) that should fix this (I hope).
>
> Sorry about that.

Hello,

When I try loading v32 (which, BTW, isn't on SqueakMap but only in
repository) into a 3.8 image (Basic or Full), and attempt:

(HtmlValidator onUrl: 'http://www.amazon.com') validate

I get the following error:

MessageNotUnderstood:  UndefinedObject>>includes:

and a bit of the stack...
......snip.......

UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #includes:
[] in HtmlCDATANode>>checkForUnescapedCharacters {[:ea :idx |
(HtmlUnescapedSpecialCharacterError specialCharacters includes: ...]}
ByteString(SequenceableCollection)>>withIndexDo:
HtmlCDATANode>>checkForUnescapedCharacters
[] in HtmlValidator>>validateAgainstDTD: {[:ea | (ea isComment    or:
[ea isCDATA      or: [ea isDocument        or: [...]}
HtmlCDATANode(HtmlParseNode)>>nodesDo:
[] in HtmlTITLENode(HtmlParseNode)>>nodesDo: {[:ea | ea nodesDo:
aBlock]}
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
HtmlTITLENode(HtmlParseNode)>>nodesDo:
[] in HtmlHEADNode(HtmlParseNode)>>nodesDo: {[:ea | ea nodesDo: aBlock]}
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
HtmlHEADNode(HtmlParseNode)>>nodesDo:
[] in HtmlHTMLNode(HtmlParseNode)>>nodesDo: {[:ea | ea nodesDo: aBlock]}
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
HtmlHTMLNode(HtmlParseNode)>>nodesDo:
[] in HtmlDocument(HtmlParseNode)>>nodesDo: {[:ea | ea nodesDo: aBlock]}
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
HtmlDocument(HtmlParseNode)>>nodesDo:
HtmlValidator>>validateAgainstDTD:
HtmlValidator>>validate
UndefinedObject>>DoIt

Is this bad behavior?  Through a little research, it seems that the
SpecialCharacters class is not on my system.  Is this something which
should be included in the .mcz or elsewhere?

Also I get errors when Monticello tries to initialize the package
during installation.

Thanks,
Tim Johnson