[ANN] Kernel image update for Squeak 7056

[ANN] Kernel image update for Squeak 7056

Pavel Krivanek
There's updated version of self-bootstrapping environment for Squeak
7056. Download:
http://www.comtalk.net/Squeak/uploads/20/bootstrap7056.zip. No
promlems with sources or changes. Thank you Stef and others.

This image contains 115 overrides of the current image. I will now
describe all on Mantis (issues with prefix [KernelImageOverride]) so
we will be able to create new fixes for Squeak 3.10 that will minimize
amount of this overrides and will make the image more GUI
indenpendent. Then I will create new RestOfSqueak package and I will
publish it. I hope I will be able to solve the last problem with
Morphic initialization that I have in newest versions.

I would like to see the Squeak separation into two parts - kernel and
RoS as the main goal of the next 3.10 Squeak version.

-- Pavel

Re: [ANN] Kernel image update for Squeak 7056

Edgar J. De Cleene
Pavel :

Excellent work !!

I get the system and the 66 [KernelImageOverride] from Mantis in Word format
for study.

Just complete building , so if I ask something what could know with a couple
of days of work, excuse me.

I rename the complete building to KernelSqueak3.9g-7056.image, 2.9 Mb ,
Smalltalk size 487.

I wish try the Ladrillos idea.

Ladrillos 1 - have a minimal TCP two ways debug / exchange code etc with
normal Squeak3.9g-7056.image. ( I do for a previous 7051)

Ladrillos 2 - have a gzip/zip minimal support (for later loading .mcz, .sar,
image segments , etc)

A path to build a MVC only working system, kind of mythical Dan 2.2 image,
2006 model

A path to build a minimal Morphic system (not ALL your Rest of Squeak ).

If you disagree with some or all this, I wish know.

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!
http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas

Re: [ANN] Kernel image update for Squeak 7056

stéphane ducasse-2
Hi pavel

excellent
It is really important that you push to Squeak all the simple changes
that can be integrated to make
your life easier. This way we will make the path to your image
smoother. Little steps are better
than large ones. :)

Stef