[ANN] Learn Morphic and have fun

Edgar J. De Cleene
Folks:

As I said in my failed campaign for have a place in the Board, could
dedicate a 3 hours a day as average to Squeak.

I intend to be on #IRC from roughly 7:30 to 10:30 Argentina time (10:30 to
13:30 GMT)

I pick as starting project to develop with all wishing to join this
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6047.

To Jerome Peace in case you read this, I miss your mails and hope you don't
mind I take some of you.

The project is to be developed in Morphic (no Etoys as soon they go out of
basic image) in a official http://ftp.squeak.org/3.10/
Squeak3.10-7159-basic.zip

Sources is same as 3.9, VM of 3.9 should work.

Collateral I test on FunSqueak and maybe in others versions of Squeak.

I just do very rough project and save on swiki, so I hope questions and
feedback of any wishing learn (or teach) and have fun.

Read you on #irc !

Edgar

Re: [ANN] Learn Morphic and have fun

Randal L. Schwartz

Edgar> Read you on #irc !

Can you explain this?

Do you mean you'll be on the #squeak channel on irc.freenode.net?

Or some other server?

Or some other channel?

"#irc" isn't particularly descriptive.

El 4/25/08 8:57 AM, "Randal L. Schwartz" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> Can you explain this?
>
> Do you mean you'll be on the #squeak channel on irc.freenode.net?
>
> Or some other server?
>
> Or some other channel?
>
> "#irc" isn't particularly descriptive.

You was right.
I mean the #squeak channel on irc.freenode.net.

Very thanks for clarify me.

In a fresh 3.10 image do the following.
Open PackageUniverseBrowser via World menu (or clicking in the button of a
fresh image)

Press update list from network button.
When left panel was populated , go to Network , locate
Network-IRC-fc.10.7.6-2

Press select package button, the left panel, should change informing you.

Now press install selections and all dependencies was loaded first.

Additional info is on.

http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3711
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5888

If still some is unclear, send mail

Edgar

RE: [ANN] Learn Morphic and have fun

Ron Teitelbaum
Hi Edgar,

I'm sure I'm not the only one that noticed that you did quite well in the
election.  A hand full more votes and you would have been in.  Good luck
with your project.

Ron

El 4/25/08 1:57 PM, "Ron Teitelbaum" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> Hi Edgar,
>
> I'm sure I'm not the only one that noticed that you did quite well in the
> election.  A hand full more votes and you would have been in.  Good luck
> with your project.
>
> Ron

People in Board know more, so I was happy with all.

Yesterday on #irc I learn the best code way to for populate a collection
with grid points values.

The context of "mini challenge" was
http://tunes.org/~nef/logs/squeak/08.04.24

Code could be read in
http://paste.lisp.org/display/59657 and 59658, 59659

Aditional, we Spanish talkers could teach useful jargon to amazing relatives
:=)

Edgar