[ANN] Namespace browser

Michael van der Gulik
Hi all.

I've modified the PlusTools class browser to be able to work with my
Namespaces. Screenshot at
http://www.gulik.co.nz/namespaces-screenshot.png. What you're looking at
(in the screenshot) is a tree widget in place of the class organisation
browser. Instead of using a ClassOrganizer, I've created a Namespace
class (subclass of Dictionary) which can contain classes, "global
variables" (well, "global" for only that Namespace) and other Namespaces.

The pane to the left of the code window is the "import list", which does
the same job as the list of import statements in any other language
(*cough* Java *cough*). For convenience, you can expand the imports to
see what's inside them. Imports must be other Namespaces.

If anybody's interested, load it on 3.9 by doing:

1. Add http://www.squeaksource.com/SecureSqueak as a Monticello repo and
open it.

2. Load my modified ToolBuilder-Kernel.

3. Load my modified ToolBuilder-Morphic.

4. Load my modified PlusTools. Ignore the warning; you won't be using
those classes (or if you do, you need to fix them first!).

5. Load my Namespaces package.

6. Load my NamespaceTools package.

7. Do: NamespaceBrowser example.

This will copy the Speech classes as an example and build a Namespace
tree from them for you to play with. There are comments in Namespace and
NamespaceBrowser which explain things a bit more.

To modify either of the tree panes, drag and drop things around. Also,
use the "inspect" menu item to actually test your code - the browser
that you have open has the only reference to the Namespace tree, and if
you close it, they'll be GCed and be lost forever!

My next project is modifying Monticello so that you can load and save
Namespace trees.

Have fun.
Michael.

Re: [ANN] Namespace browser

Edgar J. De Cleene

El 4/13/07 5:44 AM, "Michael van der Gulik" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> My next project is modifying Monticello so that you can load and save
> Namespace trees.
>
> Have fun.
> Michael.
Michael:

As you see , 3.10 could be a friendly home for your excellent work.
Only what I need is the attached, no more "Speech" in the base system.
Could consider made your work in Universe way for  one button load ?

Thanks for great Tool !

Edgar

Picture 1.png (93K) Download Attachment
NamespaceUtils-makeRootNamespace.st (466 bytes) Download Attachment

3.10 Universe: problem with Taskbar 1.0 package

Andreas Wacknitz
I have installed the "Taskbar 1.0" package from the Package Universe.
It gives me a DNU for IconicButton>>contents when opening a Taskbar from
the "open menu".
Squeak image version is 3.10 (7088) with the newest Squeak-dev package
also installed.

Regards
Andreas

Re: 3.10 Universe: problem with Taskbar 1.0 package

Edgar J. De Cleene

El 4/15/07 1:38 PM, "Andreas Wacknitz" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> I have installed the "Taskbar 1.0" package from the Package Universe.
> It gives me a DNU for IconicButton>>contents when opening a Taskbar from
> the "open menu".
> Squeak image version is 3.10 (7088) with the newest Squeak-dev package
> also installed.
>
> Regards
> Andreas

Can't reproduce the error.
Could say what windows you have and what buttons ?
Or send a walkback ?

Edgar

Picture 2.png (67K) Download Attachment

Edgar J. De Cleene schrieb:

El 4/15/07 1:38 PM, "Andreas Wacknitz" [hidden email] escribió:

I have installed the "Taskbar 1.0" package from the Package Universe.
It gives me a DNU for IconicButton>>contents when opening a Taskbar from
the "open menu".
Squeak image version is 3.10 (7088) with the newest Squeak-dev package
also installed.

Regards
Andreas

Can't reproduce the error.
Could say what windows you have and what buttons ?
Or send a walkback ?

Edgar

I have checked it again. The problem is only visible if you have an open MenuMorph (stayUp = true).

El 4/15/07 4:52 PM, "Andreas Wacknitz" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> I have checked it again. The problem is only visible if you have an open
> MenuMorph (stayUp = true).
>
> Andreas

Ok. I see now, but is a problem of the package.
You should report to owner

Edgar

Re: 3.10 Universe: problem with Taskbar 1.0 package

Edgar J. De Cleene

El 4/15/07 4:52 PM, "Andreas Wacknitz" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> I have checked it again. The problem is only visible if you have an open
> MenuMorph (stayUp = true).
>
> Andreas

Here have the dirty quick solution.
But is not me who should re - made Squeak and all the packages :=)

Edgar

WindowListMorph-nakedMorphs.st (736 bytes) Download Attachment

[suck]Re: 3.10 Universe: problem with Taskbar 1.0 package

Reinhard Handl
Quoting "Edgar J. De Cleene" <[hidden email]>:

> El 4/15/07 4:52 PM, "Andreas Wacknitz" <[hidden email]> escribió:
>
> > I have checked it again. The problem is only visible if you have an open
> > MenuMorph (stayUp = true).
> >
> > Andreas
>
> Here have the dirty quick solution.
> But is not me who should re - made Squeak and all the packages :=)
>
> Edgar

sorry that i can't hold back,
but this kind of code REALLY sucks.

i wish i was some kind of cleaning magistrate that wipes away all that dusty
stuff that blows up my nose with horror when seeing it.

cheers, reinhard

Re: [suck]Re: 3.10 Universe: problem with Taskbar 1.0 package

Herbert König
Hello Reinhard,

raa> i wish i was some kind of cleaning magistrate that wipes away all that dusty
raa> stuff that blows up my nose with horror when seeing it.

as long as it helps to keep me going I appreciate every quick and dirty fix.

If the envisioned cleaning magistrate offers an alternative fix he's
welcome, otherwise I'll lock him out.

Seriously, it is not helpful to criticise what others do to help while
not offering an alternative.

Cheers

Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]

El 4/16/07 4:49 AM, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> sorry that i can't hold back,
> but this kind of code REALLY sucks.
>
> i wish i was some kind of cleaning magistrate that wipes away all that dusty
> stuff that blows up my nose with horror when seeing it.
>
> cheers, reinhard

Complaint to who do the package in first place, Reinhard.
I only add MenuMorph for no error.

And if you read the comment , he said what take code of PasteUpMorph.

The next time, I ask you do a proper Mantis report, and send mail to owner.
And when you be into Mantis, could dig the huge pile of things what are
rotting as old of 2004 and what I try to see what good things could put into
3.10.
Do some report based in efficiency and beauty and add your wished FIX or ENH
to http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5934

Cheers

Edgar

Edgar J. De Cleene schrieb:

El 4/15/07 4:52 PM, "Andreas Wacknitz" [hidden email] escribió:

I have checked it again. The problem is only visible if you have an open
MenuMorph (stayUp = true).

Andreas

Here have the dirty quick solution.
But is not me who should re - made Squeak and all the packages :=)

Edgar

Sorry Edgar,

I didn't know how to report this kind of problem to bugs.squeak.org.
So I have sent it to this list. It wasn't my intention to ask you for a fix.
If so, I would have posted it to v3dot10 ;-)

Best regards
Andreas