[ANN] New Cocoa Squeak VM release

EstebanLM
Hi,
I want to announce the release of a new version of Cocoa Squeak VM (non Cog), version 5.7.4.

It can be downloaded here: http://squeakvm.org/mac/release/Squeak%205.7.4.zip

Since this is my first release, there are no big changes to take into account:

1) It's based on VMMaker 221 (latest)
2) it has a minor bugfix on arguments passed to the image (it was ignoring first argument).
3) My biggest change is that I drop the "b" from the release version, I didn't like it, and I think nobody else likes it :) and also is clear to understand, IMHO. Now you can read the version as: Major Version.Minor Version.Bugfix Version.

This release ships with this internal plugins included:

ADPCMCodecPlugin
B3DEnginePlugin
BalloonEnginePlugin
BitBltSimulation
BMPReadWriterPlugin
ClipboardExtendedPlugin
DeflatePlugin
DSAPlugin
FFIPlugin
FFTPlugin
FilePlugin
FloatArrayPlugin
GeniePlugin
HostWindowPlugin
JPEGReaderPlugin
JPEGReadWriter2Plugin
KlattSynthesizerPlugin
LargeIntegersPlugin
Matrix2x3Plugin
MacMenubarPlugin
MiscPrimitivePlugin
NewsqueakIA32ABIPlugin
ObjectiveCPlugin
RePlugin
SecurityPlugin
SocketPlugin
SoundCodecPlugin
SoundGenerationPlugin
SoundPlugin
StarSqueakPlugin
SurfacePlugin
UUIDPlugin
DropPlugin

Enjoy,
Esteban, with mac vm maintainer hat

Re: [ANN] New Cocoa Squeak VM release

dcorking
On Wed, Feb 2, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to announce the release of a new version of Cocoa Squeak VM (non Cog), version 5.7.4.

Good news: thanks Esteban.

Esteban, You could consider summarizing John's email in the
http://squeakvm.org/mac/ release note:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-January/143682.html

(That should remind Tiger 10.4 users to download the Carbon VM instead. :) )

Best, David

Re: [ANN] New Cocoa Squeak VM release

EstebanLM
good idea, I'll do that.