[ANN] New Pier Gallery

123

Re: [ANN] New Pier Gallery

Nicolas Roard
On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 5:13 AM, Mariano Martinez
Peck<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Nicolas: Now I have more problems :(
> I create a folder in /tmp/galeria and then create a galery in that folder.
> There are 8 pictures.
> When I click on send, I have this problem:
>
> PGGallery>>parseFolder
>
> when it does:
>
>         validImage := PGSqueakImageAssistant validFile: (PGGallery
> globalLocalPicturesPath), (dir / e name)
>
> In this case, (PGGallery globalLocalPicturesPath), (dir / e name)   shows:
> '/tmpgaleria/panoramicaMonteFitzRoy-full.jpg'.
>
> This is wrong, and should be
>
> validImage := PGSqueakImageAssistant validFile: (PGGallery
> globalLocalPicturesPath), '/', (dir / e name)

yes, globalLocalPicturesPath and globalPicturesPath should end up with
a '/' (I'll push an update to enforce that).

> With that, it worked.
>
> Now, I have another problem. It seems it finds the images as they are all as
> children in the "galeria" component. However, they are not rendered. Instead
> of it, there is a text that says: "8 pictures left to process..."   What
> does it mean? why they aren't rendered?

they are handed over to the image process object. The message simply
means that it knows there is 8 pictures, but that the corresponding
thumbnails and resized versions aren't found. This may have failed due
to the paths, try again clicking on import local files ?

> In addition, I don't see  "Import Local Pictures" command, only "Import Zip
> with pictures". Any idea?

er... that's weird ! import local pictures should be here, look at the
PGImportLocalFilesCommand class.

--
Nicolas Roard
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound

Re: [ANN] New Pier Gallery

Mariano Martinez Peck

Peck<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Nicolas: Now I have more problems :(
> I create a folder in /tmp/galeria and then create a galery in that folder.
> There are 8 pictures.
> When I click on send, I have this problem:
>
> PGGallery>>parseFolder
>
> when it does:
>
>         validImage := PGSqueakImageAssistant validFile: (PGGallery
> globalLocalPicturesPath), (dir / e name)
>
> In this case, (PGGallery globalLocalPicturesPath), (dir / e name)   shows:
> '/tmpgaleria/panoramicaMonteFitzRoy-full.jpg'.
>
> This is wrong, and should be
>
> validImage := PGSqueakImageAssistant validFile: (PGGallery
> globalLocalPicturesPath), '/', (dir / e name)

yes, globalLocalPicturesPath and globalPicturesPath should end up with
a '/' (I'll push an update to enforce that).

Ok, thanks!

> With that, it worked.
>
> Now, I have another problem. It seems it finds the images as they are all as
> children in the "galeria" component. However, they are not rendered. Instead
> of it, there is a text that says: "8 pictures left to process..."   What
> does it mean? why they aren't rendered?

they are handed over to the image process object. The message simply
means that it knows there is 8 pictures, but that the corresponding
thumbnails and resized versions aren't found. This may have failed due
to the paths, try again clicking on import local files ?

It's weird because here at my windows image I see "Import local pictures". Anyway, I tried it (after adding the / ) and now it displays the "<< 1 2 >>"  but it doesn't display the pictures.
I attach an screenshot.
I have put lightbox2 as you explained.

> In addition, I don't see  "Import Local Pictures" command, only "Import Zip
> with pictures". Any idea?

er... that's weird ! import local pictures should be here, look at the
PGImportLocalFilesCommand class.

Yes, this was weird. I will took a clean image and try again.

--
Nicolas Roard
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound
they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams

pierGallery.JPG (120K) Download Attachment

Re: [ANN] New Pier Gallery

Mariano Martinez Peck

> In addition, I don't see  "Import Local Pictures" command, only "Import Zip
> with pictures". Any idea?

er... that's weird ! import local pictures should be here, look at the
PGImportLocalFilesCommand class.

Yes, this was weird. I will took a clean image and try again.

Nicolas: I really want and need to use your Gallery.

I did everything again and have the same problem. There is the class "Import Local Pictures" but it is not showed.
I attach and screenshot.

Thanks

Mariano

--

Nicolas Roard
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound
they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams

ImportLocalPictures.png (322K) Download Attachment

Re: [ANN] New Pier Gallery

Nicolas Roard
On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 10:34 PM, Mariano Martinez
Peck<[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> er... that's weird ! import local pictures should be here, look at the
>>> PGImportLocalFilesCommand class.
>>
>> Yes, this was weird. I will took a clean image and try again.
>
> Nicolas: I really want and need to use your Gallery.
>
> I did everything again and have the same problem. There is the class "Import
> Local Pictures" but it is not showed.
> I attach and screenshot.

This is very odd. If you start a Transcript in your image, do you see
any error messages ?
Also, check that PRStructure do contain a "isGallery" method (if
somehow it doesn't, it would at least explain the "import local
pictures" missing.
One thing you can try is to execute the following in a workspace:
PGImageRequest generator: nil
Then edit your gallery (you did create a gallery and not a gallery
list, right?), maybe change the size of the thumbnails, this will
force a refresh (same as what "import local pictures" would do). Check
on your server the directory that normally should have contained the
pictures -- what there anything created ?
e.g. you would have something like:
Root Pictures Path: http://www.yoursite.com/photos/
Root Local Pictures Path: /var/www/photos/
Gallery Directory Name: MyGallery

if you go look into /var/www/photos you should have something. Maybe
do ls -al and see if anything was created.

For what I can see on your screenshot, the pictures were found and
each picture structure added. What happened if you click on one of
these ? (e.g. in your first sshot, click on "100_2995.JPG"). This
should show you a page with the image, or if not, with a list of
command, one of them being "regenerate" which should try to recreate
the image.

If you want to debug what happens, try this: open a transcript in your
image, open a workspace, reinit the image generator ("PGImageRequest
generator: nil"), then put a breakpoint in the PGImageGenerator class'
constructor to see what happens, and finally go onto one of the
imported image page and click on regenerate. This should automatically
recreate a PGImageGenerator instance that should receive the image
request message -- from then you can trace to see what's happening.

Maybe you can also try to manually test (using a workspace) if the
PGSqueakImageAssistant class do work correctly on windows -- could be
a problem with the jpeg writer class ?..

Peck<[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> er... that's weird ! import local pictures should be here, look at the
>>> PGImportLocalFilesCommand class.
>>
>> Yes, this was weird. I will took a clean image and try again.
>
> Nicolas: I really want and need to use your Gallery.
>
> I did everything again and have the same problem. There is the class "Import
> Local Pictures" but it is not showed.
> I attach and screenshot.

This is very odd. If you start a Transcript in your image, do you see
any error messages ?

No. Just "generator thread started".

Also, check that PRStructure do contain a "isGallery" method (if
somehow it doesn't, it would at least explain the "import local
pictures" missing.

Yes. isGallery is implemented in PRStructure with ^ false and ^ true in PRGallery.

One thing you can try is to execute the following in a workspace:
PGImageRequest generator: nil
Then edit your gallery (you did create a gallery and not a gallery
list, right?),

Yes. I am creating a Gallery, not Gallery List.

maybe change the size of the thumbnails, this will
force a refresh (same as what "import local pictures" would do). Check
on your server the directory that normally should have contained the
pictures -- what there anything created ?

Yes. That trick would generate all again.

e.g. you would have something like:
Root Pictures Path: http://www.yoursite.com/photos/
Root Local Pictures Path: /var/www/photos/
Gallery Directory Name: MyGallery

if you go look into /var/www/photos you should have something. Maybe
do ls -al and see if anything was created.

My website is here: http://localhost:8888/seaside/destinoMochila/

I craeted a Gallery with this:

Root Pictures Path: http://localhost:8888/seaside/destinoMochila/
Root local pictures path:  /home/mariano/galeria/
Gallery Directory Name: galeria

mariano@mariano-ubuntu:~/galeria$ ls -la
total 28
drwxr-xr-x   5 mariano mariano  4096 2009-07-10 00:07 .
drwxr-xr-x 149 mariano mariano 12288 2009-07-09 23:55 ..
drwxr-xr-x   2 mariano mariano  4096 2009-07-10 00:06 galeria
drwxr-xr-x   3 mariano mariano  4096 2009-07-10 00:07 images
drwxr-xr-x   3 mariano mariano  4096 2009-07-10 00:07 thumbnails

mariano@mariano-ubuntu:~/galeria/galeria$ ls -la
total 100
drwxr-xr-x 2 mariano mariano  4096 2009-07-10 00:06 .
drwxr-xr-x 5 mariano mariano  4096 2009-07-10 00:07 ..
-rwxrwxrwx 1 mariano mariano 88641 2009-03-23 01:29 S5002755_v3.JPG

mariano@mariano-ubuntu:~/galeria/images$ ls -la
total 12
drwxr-xr-x 3 mariano mariano 4096 2009-07-10 00:07 .
drwxr-xr-x 5 mariano mariano 4096 2009-07-10 00:07 ..
drwxr-xr-x 3 mariano mariano 4096 2009-07-10 00:07 600px-0

mariano@mariano-ubuntu:~/galeria/thumbnails$ ls -la
total 12
drwxr-xr-x 3 mariano mariano 4096 2009-07-10 00:07 .
drwxr-xr-x 5 mariano mariano 4096 2009-07-10 00:07 ..
drwxr-xr-x 3 mariano mariano 4096 2009-07-10 00:07 80px-0

So, as you can see, all is being generated.

I debug PGImageGenerator but nothing strange happens.

The problem is that they are not displayed.

If I put a breakpoint in

 PGPictureHtmlView>>renderContentOn: html
if I print self picture representationImageURL   i get: 'http://localhost/seaside/destinoMochila/images/500px-0/galeria/S5002755_v3.JPG'
which is wrong because I don't listen in 8080 but in 8888. So it should be
'http://localhost:8888/seaside/destinoMochila/images/500px-0/galeria/S5002755_v3.JPG'   as I put when I create the gallery.

In addition, 'http://localhost/seaside/destinoMochila/images/'
or
    http://localhost:8888/seaside/destinoMochila/images/600px-0/galeria/

in the browser shows:
"The requested object /seaside/destinoMochila/images was not found on this server."

The problem is that PGPicture>>representationImageURL
you do:
remoteRepresentationFile url
and that answers something like
'http://localhost/seaside/destinoMochila/images/550px-0/galeria/S5002755_v3.JPG'

I had to change

RioRemoteExecutive>>host from
host
    ^ url authority

host
    ^ url authority, ':', url port asString

However....it doesn't show the pictures :(

I don't know what else to test or debug...

Thanks for the help

Mariano

For what I can see on your screenshot, the pictures were found and
each picture structure added. What happened if you click on one of
these ? (e.g. in your first sshot, click on "100_2995.JPG"). This
should show you a page with the image, or if not, with a list of
command, one of them being "regenerate" which should try to recreate
the image.

Yes. I saw that command but same results: the image is not displayed.

If you want to debug what happens, try this: open a transcript in your
image, open a workspace, reinit the image generator ("PGImageRequest
generator: nil"), then put a breakpoint in the PGImageGenerator class'
constructor to see what happens, and finally go onto one of the
imported image page and click on regenerate. This should automatically
recreate a PGImageGenerator instance that should receive the image
request message -- from then you can trace to see what's happening.

Maybe you can also try to manually test (using a workspace) if the
PGSqueakImageAssistant class do work correctly on windows -- could be
a problem with the jpeg writer class ?..

I am now in Linux :(

--
Nicolas Roard
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound
they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams

Re: [ANN] New Pier Gallery

Nicolas Roard
On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 4:59 AM, Mariano Martinez
Peck<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> drwxr-xr-x   3 mariano mariano  4096 2009-07-10 00:07 thumbnails
>
> mariano@mariano-ubuntu:~/galeria/galeria$ ls -la
> total 100
> drwxr-xr-x 2 mariano mariano  4096 2009-07-10 00:06 .
> drwxr-xr-x 5 mariano mariano  4096 2009-07-10 00:07 ..
> -rwxrwxrwx 1 mariano mariano 88641 2009-03-23 01:29 S5002755_v3.JPG
>
> mariano@mariano-ubuntu:~/galeria/images$ ls -la
> total 12
> drwxr-xr-x 3 mariano mariano 4096 2009-07-10 00:07 .
> drwxr-xr-x 5 mariano mariano 4096 2009-07-10 00:07 ..
> drwxr-xr-x 3 mariano mariano 4096 2009-07-10 00:07 600px-0
>
> mariano@mariano-ubuntu:~/galeria/thumbnails$ ls -la
> total 12
> drwxr-xr-x 3 mariano mariano 4096 2009-07-10 00:07 .
> drwxr-xr-x 5 mariano mariano 4096 2009-07-10 00:07 ..
> drwxr-xr-x 3 mariano mariano 4096 2009-07-10 00:07 80px-0
>
> So, as you can see, all is being generated.

ok, so that's good ...

> I debug PGImageGenerator but nothing strange happens.
>
> The problem is that they are not displayed.
>
> If I put a breakpoint in
>
>  PGPictureHtmlView>>renderContentOn: html
> if I print self picture representationImageURL   i get:
> 'http://localhost/seaside/destinoMochila/images/500px-0/galeria/S5002755_v3.JPG'
> which is wrong because I don't listen in 8080 but in 8888. So it should be
> 'http://localhost:8888/seaside/destinoMochila/images/500px-0/galeria/S5002755_v3.JPG'
> as I put when I create the gallery.
>
> In addition, 'http://localhost/seaside/destinoMochila/images/'
> or
>     http://localhost:8888/seaside/destinoMochila/images/600px-0/galeria/
>
> in the browser shows:
> "The requested object /seaside/destinoMochila/images was not found on this
> server."
>
> The problem is that PGPicture>>representationImageURL
> you do:
> remoteRepresentationFile url
> and that answers something like
> 'http://localhost/seaside/destinoMochila/images/550px-0/galeria/S5002755_v3.JPG'
>
> I had to change
>
> RioRemoteExecutive>>host from
> host
>     ^ url authority

> host
>     ^ url authority, ':', url port asString

yes, good catch, I'll update this.

> However....it doesn't show the pictures :(

independantly of seaside, if you type this full url in your browser do
you have it displayed ?.. because it seems that everything works
correctly in seaside/pier, it's just that you don't  server the files.

Note that you _need_ a web server to serve this in addition to seaside
-- you need either something like apache or lighttpd for example, that
would serve your /home/mariano/galeria/ files.

> I don't know what else to test or debug...

well, everything do seem to work correctly -- all the images are
generated, which is all we should need. So it's either the reported
final url that is wrong (as for example the port wasn't included) or
that you don't have a webserver set up to serve the images from those
final url.

--
Nicolas Roard
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound
they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams

Re: [ANN] New Pier Gallery

Mariano Martinez Peck

> I don't know what else to test or debug...

well, everything do seem to work correctly -- all the images are
generated, which is all we should need. So it's either the reported
final url that is wrong (as for example the port wasn't included) or
that you don't have a webserver set up to serve the images from those
final url.

Nicolas: Thanks for the help.

This is the problem: I don't have a web server catching those photos. I don't use seaside (as my app is in development yet) with an external web server like apache. I just use Kom. I didn't know I need a web server.

Is there a workarround here or I must use a webserver? If the second...I must take a time and see how to do it as I have never do it before.

Ok, this

--
Nicolas Roard
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound
they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams

Re: [ANN] New Pier Gallery

Nicolas Roard
On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 5:03 PM, Mariano Martinez
Peck<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> > I don't know what else to test or debug...
>>
>> well, everything do seem to work correctly -- all the images are
>> generated, which is all we should need. So it's either the reported
>> final url that is wrong (as for example the port wasn't included) or
>> that you don't have a webserver set up to serve the images from those
>> final url.
>
> Nicolas: Thanks for the help.
>
> This is the problem: I don't have a web server catching those photos. I
> don't use seaside (as my app is in development yet) with an external web
> server like apache. I just use Kom. I didn't know I need a web server.
>
> Is there a workarround here or I must use a webserver? If the second...I
> must take a time and see how to do it as I have never do it before.

Well, one of the point for me was to serve those pictures statically
:) so yes, you do need a webserver. I would recommand lighttpd over
apache.

That being said, Kom _is_ a webserver, maybe you can set it up so that
it serves local files. But I have no idea how to do so, and more
importantly using e.g. lighttpd would be much more efficient...

If you want to just have a workaround to prototype things, try
replacing the external url (http:// ...) by a file:// url (you might
have to modify the Rio -url method as well) -- depending on your
browser it might work.

--
Nicolas Roard
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound
they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams

Re: [ANN] New Pier Gallery

Brian Brown-2
For development you can just set up Kom to serve a local directory - I don't remember off the top of my head, but you should be able to look at the class comment for Kom and I think it has some examples. You will find some if you google for it as well. If you are still having issues after that, drop me a note and I'll dig it up.

- Brian

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 2:25 PM, Brian Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
For development you can just set up Kom to serve a local directory - I don't remember off the top of my head, but you should be able to look at the class comment for Kom and I think it has some examples. You will find some if you google for it as well. If you are still having issues after that, drop me a note and I'll dig it up.

Brian: I didn't know that was possible. But it doesn't matter. I didn't know installing and configure lighttp were as simpler as 5 minutes :)

Nicolas: I make it work!!!!!  Almost perfect! It serves and shows the images. The little problem I have now is that the lightbox and all that nice javascript that you have in your webpage isn't in mine. They have no javascript at all. No lightbox. I have my personal library for my Pier website and I ovveride updateRoot to the code you said in your webpage:

updateRoot: aHtmlRoot
	super updateRoot: aHtmlRoot.
	aHtmlRoot javascript url: 'http://www.roard.com/lightbox2/js/prototype.js'.
	aHtmlRoot javascript url: 'http://www.roard.com/lightbox2/js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects,builder'.
	aHtmlRoot javascript url: 'http://www.roard.com/lightbox2/js/lightbox.js'.
	aHtmlRoot stylesheet url: 'http://www.roard.com/lightbox2/css/lightbox.css'

Any idea?

Thanks,

Mariano

- Brian

On Jul 10, 2009, at 10:03 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't know what else to test or debug...

well, everything do seem to work correctly -- all the images are
generated, which is all we should need. So it's either the reported
final url that is wrong (as for example the port wasn't included) or
that you don't have a webserver set up to serve the images from those
final url.

Nicolas: Thanks for the help.

This is the problem: I don't have a web server catching those photos. I don't use seaside (as my app is in development yet) with an external web server like apache. I just use Kom. I didn't know I need a web server.

Is there a workarround here or I must use a webserver? If the second...I must take a time and see how to do it as I have never do it before.

Ok, this

--
Nicolas Roard
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound
they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams

Re: [ANN] New Pier Gallery

Mariano Martinez Peck
Nicolas: I am sorry to bother you a lot, but I have another problem. I could create the gallery, but I cannot embed it in a page. I do something like this:

+/LugaresDestino/Provincia - Chubut/Rawson/RawsonGaleriaDeFotos+

But nothing is displayed. However, if I go directly to that component, the galery is OK.

Any idea ?

thanks!!

Mariano

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 4:01 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 2:25 PM, Brian Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
For development you can just set up Kom to serve a local directory - I don't remember off the top of my head, but you should be able to look at the class comment for Kom and I think it has some examples. You will find some if you google for it as well. If you are still having issues after that, drop me a note and I'll dig it up.

Brian: I didn't know that was possible. But it doesn't matter. I didn't know installing and configure lighttp were as simpler as 5 minutes :)

Nicolas: I make it work!!!!!  Almost perfect! It serves and shows the images. The little problem I have now is that the lightbox and all that nice javascript that you have in your webpage isn't in mine. They have no javascript at all. No lightbox. I have my personal library for my Pier website and I ovveride updateRoot to the code you said in your webpage:

updateRoot: aHtmlRoot
	super updateRoot: aHtmlRoot.
	aHtmlRoot javascript url: 'http://www.roard.com/lightbox2/js/prototype.js'.
	aHtmlRoot javascript url: 'http://www.roard.com/lightbox2/js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects,builder'.
	aHtmlRoot javascript url: 'http://www.roard.com/lightbox2/js/lightbox.js'.
	aHtmlRoot stylesheet url: 'http://www.roard.com/lightbox2/css/lightbox.css'

Any idea?

Thanks,

Mariano

- Brian

On Jul 10, 2009, at 10:03 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't know what else to test or debug...

well, everything do seem to work correctly -- all the images are
generated, which is all we should need. So it's either the reported
final url that is wrong (as for example the port wasn't included) or
that you don't have a webserver set up to serve the images from those
final url.

Nicolas: Thanks for the help.

This is the problem: I don't have a web server catching those photos. I don't use seaside (as my app is in development yet) with an external web server like apache. I just use Kom. I didn't know I need a web server.

Is there a workarround here or I must use a webserver? If the second...I must take a time and see how to do it as I have never do it before.

Ok, this

--
Nicolas Roard
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound
they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams

Re: [ANN] New Pier Gallery

Mariano Martinez Peck
Nicolas: for a future release, perhaps a good feature would be that when you resize your images or thumnails and then evaluate MAExternalFileModel garbageCollect  those "old" files should be removed.

Thanks for this nice Gallery addon!!!

Mariano

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 8:05 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

generated, which is all we should need. So it's either the reported
final url that is wrong (as for example the port wasn't included) or
that you don't have a webserver set up to serve the images from those
final url.

Nicolas: Thanks for the help.

This is the problem: I don't have a web server catching those photos. I don't use seaside (as my app is in development yet) with an external web server like apache. I just use Kom. I didn't know I need a web server.

Is there a workarround here or I must use a webserver? If the second...I must take a time and see how to do it as I have never do it before.

Ok, this

--
Nicolas Roard
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound
they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 8:01 PM, Mariano Martinez
Peck<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 2:25 PM, Brian Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> For development you can just set up Kom to serve a local directory - I
>> don't remember off the top of my head, but you should be able to look at the
>> class comment for Kom and I think it has some examples. You will find some
>> if you google for it as well. If you are still having issues after that,
>> drop me a note and I'll dig it up.
>

> Brian: I didn't know that was possible. But it doesn't matter. I didn't know
> installing and configure lighttp were as simpler as 5 minutes :)
>
> Nicolas: I make it work!!!!!  Almost perfect! It serves and shows the
> images.

Awesome, glad to hear this!

> The little problem I have now is that the lightbox and all that nice
> javascript that you have in your webpage isn't in mine. They have no
> javascript at all. No lightbox. I have my personal library for my Pier
> website and I ovveride updateRoot to the code you said in your webpage:
>

> updateRoot: aHtmlRoot
> super updateRoot: aHtmlRoot.
> aHtmlRoot javascript url: 'http://www.roard.com/lightbox2/js/prototype.js'.
> aHtmlRoot javascript url:
> 'http://www.roard.com/lightbox2/js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects,builder'.
> aHtmlRoot javascript url: 'http://www.roard.com/lightbox2/js/lightbox.js'.
> aHtmlRoot stylesheet url: 'http://www.roard.com/lightbox2/css/lightbox.css'

Well if you did that, it should work. Check the html of the page
showing the gallery, it should have those added javascript and
stylesheet links. Note though that you probably should host the
lightbox2 files yourself rather than hotlinking on my server :) (I did
a couple of slight modifications in the files, mostly wrt the url of
the images used by lightbox2).

If the page does have those links, then I'm not sure why things aren't
working -- maybe a conflict with some other js lib ?

--
Nicolas Roard
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound
they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams

Re: [ANN] New Pier Gallery

Nicolas Roard
On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 12:05 AM, Mariano Martinez
Peck<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Nicolas: I am sorry to bother you a lot, but I have another problem. I could
> create the gallery, but I cannot embed it in a page. I do something like
> this:
>

> +/LugaresDestino/Provincia - Chubut/Rawson/RawsonGaleriaDeFotos+
>
> But nothing is displayed. However, if I go directly to that component, the
> galery is OK.
>
> Any idea ?

yep, I haven't implemented this :)
Probably for a future revision.

--
Nicolas Roard
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound
they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams

Re: [ANN] New Pier Gallery

Nicolas Roard
On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 12:16 AM, Mariano Martinez
Peck<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Nicolas: for a future release, perhaps a good feature would be that when you
> resize your images or thumnails and then evaluate MAExternalFileModel
> garbageCollect  those "old" files should be removed.

Actually that's intended. But I could maybe add another command that
remove files not currently used.

> Thanks for this nice Gallery addon!!!

thanks, happy that things are finally working for you :)

Peck<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Nicolas: I am sorry to bother you a lot, but I have another problem. I could
> create the gallery, but I cannot embed it in a page. I do something like
> this:
>

> +/LugaresDestino/Provincia - Chubut/Rawson/RawsonGaleriaDeFotos+
>
> But nothing is displayed. However, if I go directly to that component, the
> galery is OK.
>
> Any idea ?

Ok. Then, right now the only way is to put a link. I am right ?

yep, I haven't implemented this :)
Probably for a future revision.

No problem :)   I thought I mas making something wrong.

Thanks!

Mariano

Peck<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Nicolas: for a future release, perhaps a good feature would be that when you
> resize your images or thumnails and then evaluate MAExternalFileModel
> garbageCollect  those "old" files should be removed.

Actually that's intended. But I could maybe add another command that
remove files not currently used.

This would be very useful at least for me. When you deploy on a VPS like slide host or whatever you don't have a lot of hdd space. I am making a tourism website so as you can imagine, I have a lot of pictures hahaha.

Again, thanks for the nice and useful work!

Peck<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 2:25 PM, Brian Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> For development you can just set up Kom to serve a local directory - I
>> don't remember off the top of my head, but you should be able to look at the
>> class comment for Kom and I think it has some examples. You will find some
>> if you google for it as well. If you are still having issues after that,
>> drop me a note and I'll dig it up.
>

> Brian: I didn't know that was possible. But it doesn't matter. I didn't know
> installing and configure lighttp were as simpler as 5 minutes :)
>
> Nicolas: I make it work!!!!!  Almost perfect! It serves and shows the
> images.

Awesome, glad to hear this!

> The little problem I have now is that the lightbox and all that nice
> javascript that you have in your webpage isn't in mine. They have no
> javascript at all. No lightbox. I have my personal library for my Pier
> website and I ovveride updateRoot to the code you said in your webpage:
>

> updateRoot: aHtmlRoot
>       super updateRoot: aHtmlRoot.
>       aHtmlRoot javascript url: 'http://www.roard.com/lightbox2/js/prototype.js'.
>       aHtmlRoot javascript url:
> 'http://www.roard.com/lightbox2/js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects,builder'.
>       aHtmlRoot javascript url: 'http://www.roard.com/lightbox2/js/lightbox.js'.
>       aHtmlRoot stylesheet url: 'http://www.roard.com/lightbox2/css/lightbox.css'

Well if you did that, it should work. Check the html of the page
showing the gallery, it should have those added javascript and
stylesheet links. Note though that you probably should host the
lightbox2 files yourself rather than hotlinking on my server :) (I did
a couple of slight modifications in the files, mostly wrt the url of
the images used by lightbox2).

Let me say I am still newbie with seaside and Pier. Now I have to questions:

1) when does is the updateRoot: called? Because I put a breakpoint there but didn't stop :(  I tried removing and adding the library again...but nothing.

2) How can I serve css and .js with lighttp so that seaside can see them? I mean, I know that I have to copy those files to /var/www/whatever but then...how can I tell seaside to get the styles for there? Right now what I have for my styles is my own library where I implemented the method selectorsToInclude and there I include the method that answers the css as a String.

Thanks for the OT (it is not a gallery related) help!!!

Mariano

Peck<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 2:25 PM, Brian Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> For development you can just set up Kom to serve a local directory - I
>> don't remember off the top of my head, but you should be able to look at the
>> class comment for Kom and I think it has some examples. You will find some
>> if you google for it as well. If you are still having issues after that,
>> drop me a note and I'll dig it up.
>

> Brian: I didn't know that was possible. But it doesn't matter. I didn't know
> installing and configure lighttp were as simpler as 5 minutes :)
>
> Nicolas: I make it work!!!!!  Almost perfect! It serves and shows the
> images.

Awesome, glad to hear this!

> The little problem I have now is that the lightbox and all that nice
> javascript that you have in your webpage isn't in mine. They have no
> javascript at all. No lightbox. I have my personal library for my Pier
> website and I ovveride updateRoot to the code you said in your webpage:
>

> updateRoot: aHtmlRoot
>       super updateRoot: aHtmlRoot.
>       aHtmlRoot javascript url: 'http://www.roard.com/lightbox2/js/prototype.js'.
>       aHtmlRoot javascript url:
> 'http://www.roard.com/lightbox2/js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects,builder'.
>       aHtmlRoot javascript url: 'http://www.roard.com/lightbox2/js/lightbox.js'.
>       aHtmlRoot stylesheet url: 'http://www.roard.com/lightbox2/css/lightbox.css'

Well if you did that, it should work. Check the html of the page
showing the gallery, it should have those added javascript and
stylesheet links. Note though that you probably should host the
lightbox2 files yourself rather than hotlinking on my server :) (I did
a couple of slight modifications in the files, mostly wrt the url of
the images used by lightbox2).

Yes. the javascript and stylesheet are being shown in my html.
I attach the html and a screenshot when I click an image.

If the page does have those links, then I'm not sure why things aren't
working -- maybe a conflict with some other js lib ?

I don't know. The libraries I have in my app are (in order)

WAStandardFiles
PRBlueprintLibrary
PRJavaScriptSupport
DestinoMochilaLibrary  (mine)

yours?

Thanks for the help!

Mariano

--
Nicolas Roard
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound
they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams

galeria.html (27K) Download Attachment
galeria1.png (909K) Download Attachment

Re: [ANN] New Pier Gallery

Mariano Martinez Peck
wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!   It worked!!!

I feel stupid to explain the reason hahaha. It seems the nice javascript is for users that can only "view" the gallery or that are not logged in.
I was always using an "admin" user with all of the permissions (rotate, regenerate, etc.).

Which is the real distinction here ?

Now I have a couple of questions...you will start hating me haha

1) When creating a Gallery you are asked for a description. But then, it is never displayed.
I saw PGGalleryHtmlView>>renderContentOn: html
    "html heading: self gallery title level: 2."
    self renderPictures: self batcher batch on: html.
    self renderBatcherOn: html

How can I modify that so that to display the description I entered?

2) I am trying to use the PGGalleryRandomizer but I am doing something wrong. I have a page with a child that is a Gallery.
In that page I created the gallery Randomizer component (is like a brother of the gallery), but when creating it (when I click save button) I get a problem in:
PGGalleryRandomizer>>renderContentOn: html

in: cur parent title

because parent is nil and cur is the "unnamed".
What I can see when debugging is that candidates message returns an empy collection :(
any idea?

3)  It would be very nice to have an integration between this gallery and PRSlideshow. If I have a time, I will see it, but I am very complicated right now :(
Too much stuff to do.

Finally let me say that I love your work. It is excellent and very useful. I love Smalltalk, seaside, pier, pharo...
Right now it is in development stage but when my website is in production I will send you a link :)
I hope at least I could help you with my test. I also hope you continue with this addon.

Thanks a lot.

Mariano

Peck<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 2:25 PM, Brian Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> For development you can just set up Kom to serve a local directory - I
>> don't remember off the top of my head, but you should be able to look at the
>> class comment for Kom and I think it has some examples. You will find some
>> if you google for it as well. If you are still having issues after that,
>> drop me a note and I'll dig it up.
>

> Brian: I didn't know that was possible. But it doesn't matter. I didn't know
> installing and configure lighttp were as simpler as 5 minutes :)
>
> Nicolas: I make it work!!!!!  Almost perfect! It serves and shows the
> images.

Awesome, glad to hear this!