[ANN] New Pier Gallery

123

Re: [ANN] New Pier Gallery

Mariano Martinez Peck
Nicolas Roard: I am having conflicts with Pier lightbox css. Actually, the problem is with the css class #lightbox and #overlay.
Pier lightbox uses also those classes, but they are different.

In lightbox for gallery they are:

#lightbox{    position: absolute;    left: 0; width: 100%; z-index: 100; text-align: center; line-height: 0;}
#overlay{ position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; z-index: 90; width: 100%; height: 500px; background-color: #000; }

For Pier ligthbox:

div#lightbox {background: white;border: 1px solid #0000e8;padding: 2em;}
#overlay{ position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; z-index: 90; width: 100%; height: 100%; background-color: #000; }

Now, the question is, how easy could be to change the references to those css classes in lightbox.js ???

I did a quick search and replace for 'lightbox' to 'lightbox2' and from 'overlay' to 'overlay2' and then I changed the lightbox.css to use those classes but it didn't work.

John Borden:  the same question to you...do you how easy is to change lightbox css clases?

I don't know what to do :(

Thanks a lot,

Mariano

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 9:56 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!   It worked!!!

I feel stupid to explain the reason hahaha. It seems the nice javascript is for users that can only "view" the gallery or that are not logged in.
I was always using an "admin" user with all of the permissions (rotate, regenerate, etc.).

Which is the real distinction here ?

Now I have a couple of questions...you will start hating me haha

1) When creating a Gallery you are asked for a description. But then, it is never displayed.
I saw PGGalleryHtmlView>>renderContentOn: html
    "html heading: self gallery title level: 2."
    self renderPictures: self batcher batch on: html.
    self renderBatcherOn: html

How can I modify that so that to display the description I entered?

2) I am trying to use the PGGalleryRandomizer but I am doing something wrong. I have a page with a child that is a Gallery.
In that page I created the gallery Randomizer component (is like a brother of the gallery), but when creating it (when I click save button) I get a problem in:
PGGalleryRandomizer>>renderContentOn: html

in: cur parent title

because parent is nil and cur is the "unnamed".
What I can see when debugging is that candidates message returns an empy collection :(
any idea?

3)  It would be very nice to have an integration between this gallery and PRSlideshow. If I have a time, I will see it, but I am very complicated right now :(
Too much stuff to do.

Finally let me say that I love your work. It is excellent and very useful. I love Smalltalk, seaside, pier, pharo...
Right now it is in development stage but when my website is in production I will send you a link :)
I hope at least I could help you with my test. I also hope you continue with this addon.

Thanks a lot.

Mariano

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 5:38 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 8:27 PM, Nicolas Roard <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 8:01 PM, Mariano Martinez
Peck<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 2:25 PM, Brian Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> For development you can just set up Kom to serve a local directory - I
>> don't remember off the top of my head, but you should be able to look at the
>> class comment for Kom and I think it has some examples. You will find some
>> if you google for it as well. If you are still having issues after that,
>> drop me a note and I'll dig it up.
>

> Brian: I didn't know that was possible. But it doesn't matter. I didn't know
> installing and configure lighttp were as simpler as 5 minutes :)
>
> Nicolas: I make it work!!!!!  Almost perfect! It serves and shows the
> images.

Awesome, glad to hear this!

> The little problem I have now is that the lightbox and all that nice
> javascript that you have in your webpage isn't in mine. They have no
> javascript at all. No lightbox. I have my personal library for my Pier
> website and I ovveride updateRoot to the code you said in your webpage:
>

> updateRoot: aHtmlRoot
>       super updateRoot: aHtmlRoot.
>       aHtmlRoot javascript url: 'http://www.roard.com/lightbox2/js/prototype.js'.
>       aHtmlRoot javascript url:
> 'http://www.roard.com/lightbox2/js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects,builder'.
>       aHtmlRoot javascript url: 'http://www.roard.com/lightbox2/js/lightbox.js'.
>       aHtmlRoot stylesheet url: 'http://www.roard.com/lightbox2/css/lightbox.css'

Well if you did that, it should work. Check the html of the page
showing the gallery, it should have those added javascript and
stylesheet links. Note though that you probably should host the
lightbox2 files yourself rather than hotlinking on my server :) (I did
a couple of slight modifications in the files, mostly wrt the url of
the images used by lightbox2).

Yes. the javascript and stylesheet are being shown in my html.
I attach the html and a screenshot when I click an image.

If the page does have those links, then I'm not sure why things aren't
working -- maybe a conflict with some other js lib ?

I don't know. The libraries I have in my app are (in order)

WAStandardFiles
PRBlueprintLibrary
PRJavaScriptSupport
DestinoMochilaLibrary  (mine)

yours?

Thanks for the help!

Mariano

--
Nicolas Roard
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound

123