[ANN] New beginners squeak mailing-list

stéphane ducasse-2
Hi all

[hidden email] is ready.
If you have problem with the english welcome message please send me
something better or more english :)

RE: [ANN] New beginners squeak mailing-list

Alan L. Lovejoy
Stephane: "If you have problem with the english welcome message please send
me something better or more english :)"

The first sentence "This is list is the place to ask all the "simple"
questions you as a newcomers to squeak always wanted to ask" should be
edited to be "This list is the place to ask all the "simple" questions you
as a newcomer to squeak always wanted to ask." [Remove first occurrence of
"is," change "newcomers" to singular]

--Alan

If you have problem with the english welcome message please send me
something better or more english :)

RE: [ANN] New beginners squeak mailing-list

Giovanni Corriga
Il giorno dom, 30/04/2006 alle 10.52 -0700, Alan Lovejoy ha scritto:
> Stephane: "If you have problem with the english welcome message please send
> me something better or more english :)"
>
> The first sentence "This is list is the place to ask all the "simple"
> questions you as a newcomers to squeak always wanted to ask" should be
> edited to be "This list is the place to ask all the "simple" questions you
> as a newcomer to squeak always wanted to ask." [Remove first occurrence of
> "is," change "newcomers" to singular]

You should also drop the "Welcome to this list!" greeting, since a
similar one is automatically added by Mailman itself.

        Giovanni

Re: [ANN] New beginners squeak mailing-list

stéphane ducasse-2
tx
it's done!

On 30 avr. 06, at 19:52, Alan Lovejoy wrote:

> Stephane: "If you have problem with the english welcome message
> please send
> me something better or more english :)"
>
> The first sentence "This is list is the place to ask all the "simple"
> questions you as a newcomers to squeak always wanted to ask" should be
> edited to be "This list is the place to ask all the "simple"
> questions you
> as a newcomer to squeak always wanted to ask." [Remove first
> occurrence of
> "is," change "newcomers" to singular]
>
> --Alan

done!

On 30 avr. 06, at 20:25, Giovanni Corriga wrote:

> Il giorno dom, 30/04/2006 alle 10.52 -0700, Alan Lovejoy ha scritto:
>> Stephane: "If you have problem with the english welcome message
>> please send
>> me something better or more english :)"
>>
>> The first sentence "This is list is the place to ask all the "simple"
>> questions you as a newcomers to squeak always wanted to ask"
>> should be
>> edited to be "This list is the place to ask all the "simple"
>> questions you
>> as a newcomer to squeak always wanted to ask." [Remove first
>> occurrence of
>> "is," change "newcomers" to singular]
>
> You should also drop the "Welcome to this list!" greeting, since a
> similar one is automatically added by Mailman itself.
>
> Giovanni

RE: [ANN] New beginners squeak mailing-list

Alan L. Lovejoy
Steph,

I would also recommend changing the descriptive comment of the Beginner's
list from "A squeak welcome list where any questions can be asked" to "A
friendly place to get answers to even the most basic questions about
Squeak."

On 30 avr. 06, at 19:52, Alan Lovejoy wrote:

> Stephane: "If you have problem with the english welcome message please
> send me something better or more english :)"
>
> The first sentence "This is list is the place to ask all the "simple"
> questions you as a newcomers to squeak always wanted to ask" should be
> edited to be "This list is the place to ask all the "simple"
> questions you
> as a newcomer to squeak always wanted to ask." [Remove first
> occurrence of "is," change "newcomers" to singular]
>
> --Alan

much better indeed.
On 30 avr. 06, at 20:55, Alan Lovejoy wrote:

> friendly place to get answers to even the most basic questions about
> Squeak.

Re: [ANN] New beginners squeak mailing-list

Serge Stinckwich-4
stéphane ducasse a écrit :
> Hi all
>
> [hidden email] is ready.
> If you have problem with the english welcome message please send me
> something better or more english :)

Thank you, Stéphane.
Could you register the list on gmane.org ?

--                                                         oooo
Dr. Serge Stinckwich                                     OOOOOOOO
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
http://purl.org/net/SergeStinckwich                       oooooo
Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
                                                             ##

Re: [ANN] New beginners squeak mailing-list

François Schnell-2
I think it would be useful for the newcomers if the list is directly visible in the community page (otherwise I imagine some of them won't dig in "specific sub project" and "special interest lists"):

http://squeak.org/Community/

For the moment:

Community

Squeak has an active and enthusiastic user community. Participants include teachers working on curriculum materials, commercial and academic users, and a number of "quantum mechanics" interested in newer and better approaches to the ultimate goal of making high-quality computation simple and efficient.

If you want to join this vibrant community a good place to start is to read the Community How-To.

Mailing lists

There are a number of Squeak sub-projects that can be found here:

There is also other web and news access to Squeak and Squeak related lists:

Re: [ANN] New beginners squeak mailing-list

karl-8
francois schnell skrev:

> I think it would be useful for the newcomers if the list is directly
> visible in the community page (otherwise I imagine some of them won't
> dig in "specific sub project" and "special interest lists"):
>
> http://squeak.org/Community/
>
> For the moment:

>   Community
>
> Squeak has an active and enthusiastic user community. Participants
> include teachers working on curriculum materials, commercial and
> academic users, and a number of "quantum mechanics" interested in
> newer and better approaches to the ultimate goal of making
> high-quality computation simple and efficient.
>
> If you want to join this vibrant community a good place to start is to
> read the Community How-To <http://squeak.org/Community/HowTo/>.
>

>   Mailing lists
>
> There are a number of Squeak sub-projects that can be found here:
>
>     * Squeak Dev
>       <http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/squeak-dev>
>       is the main list dealing with development of and in Squeak. It
>       is mirrored at Gmane
>       <http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.smalltalk.squeak.general>
>       and Nabble <http://www.nabble.com/Squeak-f14152.html>
>     * Specific sub-project discussions
>       <http://discuss.squeakfoundation.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm-browse>
>     * Special interest lists
>       <http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo>
>
> There is also other web and news access to Squeak and Squeak related
> lists:
>
>     * http://www.nabble.com/Squeak-f14152.html
>     * http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.smalltalk.squeak.general
>       <http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.smalltalk.squeak.general>

Done
Karl

Re: [ANN] New beginners squeak mailing-list

stéphane ducasse-2
How?
I have no idea how to do that?
contact me if you want some extra information for doing it.

Stef

stéphane ducasse a écrit :
> How?
> I have no idea how to do that?
> contact me if you want some extra information for doing it.

Done.