[ANN] PharoLambda a demo of Pharo running on AWS Lambda

[ANN] PharoLambda a demo of Pharo running on AWS Lambda

Tim Mackinnon
Hi - I’ve been playing around with getting Pharo to run well on AWS Lambda. It’s early days, but I though it might be interesting to share what I’ve learned so far.

Usage examples and code at https://gitlab.com/macta/PharoLambda

With help from many of the folks here, I’ve been able to get a simple example to run in 500ms-1200ms with a minimal Pharo 6 image. You can easily try it out yourself. This seems slightly better than what the GoLang folks have been able to do.

Tim

Re: [ANN] PharoLambda a demo of Pharo running on AWS Lambda

Tim Mackinnon
Things move fast, I already got a shout out from an AWS advocate - https://twitter.com/chrismunns/status/885959425860808704

Tim

On 15 Jul 2017, at 00:39, Tim Mackinnon <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi - I’ve been playing around with getting Pharo to run well on AWS Lambda. It’s early days, but I though it might be interesting to share what I’ve learned so far.

Usage examples and code at https://gitlab.com/macta/PharoLambda

With help from many of the folks here, I’ve been able to get a simple example to run in 500ms-1200ms with a minimal Pharo 6 image. You can easily try it out yourself. This seems slightly better than what the GoLang folks have been able to do.

Tim

Re: [ANN] PharoLambda a demo of Pharo running on AWS Lambda

Tudor Girba-2
Nice job!

Doru

--