[ANN] Screenshots and popUp Snapshots for Squeak.

[ANN] Screenshots and popUp Snapshots for Squeak.

Jerome Peace
[ANN] Screenshots and popUp Snapshots for Squeak.

This is a little documentation on a new feature that
has been added to Squeak as of 7008.

It is now easy to get a screen shot of any project.
Bring up the world halos. With the shift key pressed
click on the viewer (cyan) halo handle. You will have
a full sized thumbnailimage of the screen at that
instant. You can use the growth handle to shrink the
thumbnail to any desired size.

On the red menu you can choose the popup feature. This
will let the full sized image popup while the mouse is
pressed when the cursor is over the thumbnail.

The screen shot is a snapshot, i.e. a static image
which does not update on its own.

The red menu has a target sighting item that allows a
thumbnailImage morph to be refreshed or reused by
indicating a fresh morph to sighted for a snapshot.

The snapshot feature will work similarly with any
morph.  So it can handily be used for stop motion
animation. Just take a series of snapshots. And put
them in a holder.

The snapshots come with a thin border.  This helps
distinguish them from the real morph. The border can
be adjusted or removed via the recolor property sheet
(press shift with the recolor handle).

A big tip of the hat to Lex Spoon, whose
CDscreenshotMorph was the inspiration of the popup
feature.

Yours in service, -- Jerome Peace

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: [ANN] Screenshots and popUp Snapshots for Squeak.

Yanni Chiu
Peace Jerome wrote:
> The snapshot feature will work similarly with any
> morph.

Great work. I hope this means that you can snapshot
any SystemWindow (e.g. ClassBrowser say). I was thinking
of writing some step-by-step instructions, and recalled
that most such documentation that I've seen so far
seemed to have manually cropped images of the project window.

Re: [ANN] Screenshots and popUp Snapshots for Squeak.

Jerome Peace
>Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
>Sun Mar 19 17:54:43 UTC 2006 wrote:
>

>Peace Jerome wrote:
>> The snapshot feature will work similarly with any
>> morph.
>
>Great work. I hope this means that you can snapshot
>any SystemWindow (e.g. ClassBrowser say).

Hi Yanni,

Yes, you can, easily.

I actually designed the snapshot stuff to work for any
morph. The screenshot application is actually a by
product.  Lex Spoon illustrated his documentation for
Chuck Demo with popUp thumbnails of browsers.  And as
I say, I got that part of the idea from him.

Yours in service, -- Jerome Peace

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: [ANN] Screenshots and popUp Snapshots for Squeak.

Simon Michael
Thanks Jerome (& Lex) !

I've just tried this in 7020. I get a snapshot when I shift-click the
viewer halo, but I can't shrink it with the yellow halo. Also I don't see
the options you talk about in the red halo menu - just "opaque".

Re: [ANN] Screenshots and popUp Snapshots for Squeak.

Simon Michael
Doh! I was doing it in the wrong image window. Sorry about that!