[ANN] Smalltalk flyer now in Portuguese

Damien Cassou-3
Hi,

thanks to Carlos Eduardo Lenz, the flyer is now in Portuguese too. It
means it's now available in 5 languages and I hope to receive a
Japanese version soon.

Please see them at: http://damien.cassou.free.fr/. (I can provide
printer-friendly versions too if necessary).

There is still a problem with the Spanish and Portuguese versions
however: there is not enough free room for the Squeak browser screen
shot. It would be cool if one of you could have a look at these flyers
and shorten/remove some sentences.

The sources are available at:
https://svn.squeak.org/Advertisement/flyers/smalltalk/ which is a
subversion repository. If you want to be able to access the
repository, please ask Ken Causey. You can also send me the files
directly by mail.

Can some of you tell the other Smalltalk communities (VW, Dolphin, GNU
Smalltalk...) about these flyers? They are for Smalltalk, not Squeak.

Feel free to comment and fix them.

Thank you very much.

Damien Cassou

Re: [ANN] Smalltalk flyer now in Portuguese

Damien Cassou-3
The Spanish flyer has been fixed thanks to FĂ©lix Madrid. The
Portuguese flyer still needs fixes.

--
Damien Cassou

Re: [ANN] Smalltalk flyer now in Portuguese

Yoshiki Ohshima-2
  Great!

  The Japanese version of PDF is available at:

http://qml.610t.org/squeak/mutoh_20071015.files/flyer.pdf

Mutoh-san says that the tools you used to generate PDF are not
handling Japanese properly...

-- Yoshiki

Re: [ANN] Smalltalk flyer now in Portuguese

Damien Cassou-3
Hi Yoshiki,

2007/12/10, Yoshiki Ohshima <[hidden email]>:
>   Great!
>
>   The Japanese version of PDF is available at:
>
> http://qml.610t.org/squeak/mutoh_20071015.files/flyer.pdf
>
> Mutoh-san says that the tools you used to generate PDF are not
> handling Japanese properly...

I've put the pdf on my website. However, I find quite strange that
LaTeX is not able to deal with Japanese. Is there someone here able to
look deeper into that problem?

Thank you

Damien Cassou

Re: [ANN] Smalltalk flyer now in Portuguese

Yoshiki Ohshima-2
  Yoshiki,

> I've put the pdf on my website. However, I find quite strange that
> LaTeX is not able to deal with Japanese. Is there someone here able to
> look deeper into that problem?

  Many cls files and stuff in base of LaTeX need to be adjusted for
Japanese.  The generated PDF should use "Ryumin" font.

  There is a package that sort of let you install almost everything
(which I use and Mutoh-san must be using something similar).  You
might need to have two versions (or more for other languages) of LaTeX
installations.

-- Yoshiki