[ANN] SmalltalkHub demo online

123

Re: [ANN] SmalltalkHub demo online

Stéphane Ducasse
Not now doru. After we will install it on inria backup servers.

Stef

On Apr 19, 2011, at 8:28 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Great.
>
> Another question: Should we move the projects now, or will they most likely be deleted before the final release?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 19 Apr 2011, at 20:20, laurent laffont wrote:
>
>> What I did  to clone ProfStef SS repo to SH:
>>
>> Gofer it
>>    squeaksource: 'ProfStef';
>>    package: 'ProfStef-Core';
>>    package: 'ProfStef-Help';
>>    package: 'ProfStef-Tests';
>>    fetch.
>>
>> Gofer it
>>    url: 'http://smalltalkhub.objectfusion.fr/mc/user/laurent/ProfStef';
>>    package: 'ProfStef-Core';
>>    package: 'ProfStef-Help';
>>    package: 'ProfStef-Tests';
>>    push.
>>

>> Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs
>>
>> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
>> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/
>> Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st
>>

>> On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 6:23 PM, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We are happy to announce the first public demo of SmalltalkHub:
>> http://smalltalkhub.objectfusion.fr
>>
>> You can explore SmalltalkHub at:
>> http://smalltalkhub.objectfusion.fr/explore
>>
>> This is an alpha quality demo, please use it for testing purposes only.
>> Several features that will be included in the final release are missing,
>> especially:
>>
>> - Team management
>> - Client-side scripting features
>> - Full commit lists
>>
>> Still incomplete features:
>> - the UI for cloning is incomplete, especially, the list of forks is
>> missing
>> - The issue tracker is only partly implemented
>> - Several admin tools are missing
>> - The explore page misses a few things
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Nicolas
>>
>> --
>> Objectfusion S.A.R.L.
>>
>> Web application development & design
>> http://www.objectfusion.fr/en
>>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Being happy is a matter of choice."

Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] SmalltalkHub demo online

Nicolas Petton
Le mardi 19 avril 2011 à 21:42 +0200, stephane ducasse a écrit :

> > Stef, where can we donate to keep this kind of projects poping up?
>
> I do not know but may be nicolas knows :)

Stef, I think he meant where can we donate to ESUG ;-)

Nicolas

--
Nicolas Petton
http://www.nicolas-petton.fr

Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] SmalltalkHub demo online

some feedback.
Nicolas each you display information that grows think about scalability. because it will be used a lot and a lot.
For example, the timeline or the project list.
We have a frantic and energic community so ....

Some points
        - do you have some crash simulation?
        - how do we recover data?
        - back-end?

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] SmalltalkHub demo online

Some meta-thoughts

> - Only MIT as default license

do we want to offer as a free service other licenses?
should hosting be free in that case?
should we (the infrastructure be free for private projects?

I do not have preconceived ideas on the answers but educating people is important.

Le mardi 19 avril 2011 à 21:49 +0200, stephane ducasse a écrit :
> some feedback.
> Nicolas each you display information that grows think about scalability. because it will be used a lot and a lot.
> For example, the timeline or the project list.
> We have a frantic and energic community so ....

Yes, We have it in mind. There are issues with the UI as it is now but
it will be improved.

> Some points
> - do you have some crash simulation?
Not something automated, but we made some tests
> - how do we recover data?
It depends on the back-end you use. The data is currently stored in a
GOODS db. GOODS is quite good for that. MCZ are just on file, and cached
in the image in a LRUCache.

Nicolas
--
Nicolas Petton
http://www.nicolas-petton.fr

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] SmalltalkHub demo online

Miguel Cobá
Maybe something like GitHub. Free for opensource projects. Paid for
private/non-free projects.

Same functionality for all.

--
Miguel Cobá
http://twitter.com/MiguelCobaMtz

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] SmalltalkHub demo online

Bernat Romagosa
Amazing job, and the code looks beautiful, I hope it will bring more people to try Iliad!

Congrats!! :)

Bernat.

Re: [ANN] SmalltalkHub demo online

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Request: please include a way to store contributions from the public (like maybe per-project inboxes).
Motivation: With SqS, it seems great fixes and enhancements often get lost on old hard drives or the mailing list because the authors don't have write access to the repo, and it's often hard to contact the admins.
Result: every contribution will be preserved and easily findable from the project's repo, while admins maintain control over their codebase if desired.

Thanks.
Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: [ANN] SmalltalkHub demo online

Igor Stasenko
seems like i'm too late on the party :(

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to
maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Apache/2.2.12 (Ubuntu) Server at smalltalkhub.objectfusion.fr Port 80

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: [ANN] SmalltalkHub demo online

Nicolas Petton
Yes, sorry. But we'll put it back online very soon now.

Cheers,
Nico