[ANN] SqSquare BETA release

Masashi UMEZAWA-2
Hi all,

We have developed a new collaboration software built on Tweak.
In a word, it is tweaked Kansas in 2006. On a virtual broad desktop,
you can freely add/edit objects, or even write eToys scripts.

The software is called SqSquare. In Japanese, 'SqSq' can be spelled
'Suku Suku', which means growing healthily and quickly.

FEATURES:
- Provides virtual broad desktops for shared activities:
 - Drawing pictures
  - Writing documents on SheetPlayer
 - Add/edit generic Tweak players
  - Tile scripting in eToys (partial support)
- Projects can be stored in servers
- Voice chat support (Currently, Windows only)
- Web UI and Web Browser plugin for easy access

HOW TO PLAY:
0: Install SqSquare from http://www.sqsq.jp/SqSquare/7
1: Access http://sqsq.jp:9092/seaside/SqSquare, and register user id.
2: After the registration, please log-in.
3: Select your favorite board.
4: Edit, add, do whatever you like.

Enjoy!

Kazuki Minamitani, Masashi Umezawa - SqSquare team
[:masashi | ^umezawa]

Re: [ANN] SqSquare BETA release

Klaus D. Witzel
Dear Suku Suku Team,

I just entered the playground board, from my WinXP platform running the
standalone SqSquare image, without any problems.

Great work!

/Klaus

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 08:05:59 +0200, Masashi UMEZAWA wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We have developed a new collaboration software built on Tweak.
> In a word, it is tweaked Kansas in 2006. On a virtual broad desktop,
> you can freely add/edit objects, or even write eToys scripts.
>
> The software is called SqSquare. In Japanese, 'SqSq' can be spelled
> 'Suku Suku', which means growing healthily and quickly.
>
> FEATURES:
> - Provides virtual broad desktops for shared activities:
>  - Drawing pictures
>   - Writing documents on SheetPlayer
>  - Add/edit generic Tweak players
>   - Tile scripting in eToys (partial support)
> - Projects can be stored in servers
> - Voice chat support (Currently, Windows only)
> - Web UI and Web Browser plugin for easy access
>
> HOW TO PLAY:
> 0: Install SqSquare from http://www.sqsq.jp/SqSquare/7
> 1: Access http://sqsq.jp:9092/seaside/SqSquare, and register user id.
> 2: After the registration, please log-in.
> 3: Select your favorite board.
> 4: Edit, add, do whatever you like.
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Kazuki Minamitani, Masashi Umezawa - SqSquare team

Re: [ANN] SqSquare BETA release

Edgar J. De Cleene
Masashi UMEZAWA puso en su mail :

> Hi all,
>
> We have developed a new collaboration software built on Tweak.
> In a word, it is tweaked Kansas in 2006. On a virtual broad desktop,
> you can freely add/edit objects, or even write eToys scripts.
>
> The software is called SqSquare. In Japanese, 'SqSq' can be spelled
> 'Suku Suku', which means growing healthily and quickly.

And really is so !!

> Enjoy!

I enjoying it !!

Great, great , great work

Edgar

1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
http://correo.yahoo.com.ar

Re: [ANN] SqSquare BETA release

Brad Fuller
Masashi UMEZAWA wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We have developed a new collaboration software built on Tweak.
> In a word, it is tweaked Kansas in 2006. On a virtual broad desktop,
> you can freely add/edit objects, or even write eToys scripts.
>
> The software is called SqSquare. In Japanese, 'SqSq' can be spelled
> 'Suku Suku', which means growing healthily and quickly.
>
> FEATURES:
> - Provides virtual broad desktops for shared activities:
> - Drawing pictures
>  - Writing documents on SheetPlayer
> - Add/edit generic Tweak players
>  - Tile scripting in eToys (partial support)
> - Projects can be stored in servers
> - Voice chat support (Currently, Windows only)
> - Web UI and Web Browser plugin for easy access
>
> HOW TO PLAY:
> 0: Install SqSquare from http://www.sqsq.jp/SqSquare/7
> 1: Access http://sqsq.jp:9092/seaside/SqSquare, and register user id.
> 2: After the registration, please log-in.
> 3: Select your favorite board.
> 4: Edit, add, do whatever you like.

It's fun! The only problem that I had was that the updates to/from my
computer were slow (I'm on a 1.8MHz P4 running Linux.) Note: I assume
that it was the communication between the client and server that was
slow because it worked smoothly until I logged in -- I'm only guessing.

--
Brad Fuller
Sonaural Audio Studios

Re: [ANN] SqSquare BETA release

Masashi UMEZAWA-2
Hi,

Thanks for the comments. Currently, SqSquare's protocol is not so well
optimized, though we have done 'minor' optimizations. In order to
achieve breakthrough, we are investigating TeaTime protocol. We hope
you can experience drastic performance improvements in the next
version.

--
[:masashi | ^umezawa]