[ANN] Squeak Beginner Screencasts

Michael Perscheid
Hi all,

as we teach Squeak as part of our software engineering lectures, we have prepared several Squeak/Smalltalk-related screencasts that should help our students to get started. Now, I'd like to announce that we make these videos available for the community.

https://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/trac/SqueakCommunityProjects/wiki/squeak_screencasts

Moreover, I'd like to acknowledge our student assistants, Eric Seckler, Robin Schreiber, and Partick Rein for all their help with these screencasts.

We will complete the list of available screencasts step by step.
If you have any wishes for new videos and feedback to existing ones, please let us know.

Best regards,
Michael

Re: [ANN] Squeak Beginner Screencasts

Derek O'Connell-3
On 03/11/11 10:54, Michael Perscheid wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> as we teach Squeak as part of our software engineering lectures, we have prepared several Squeak/Smalltalk-related screencasts that should help our students to get started. Now, I'd like to announce that we make these videos available for the community.
>
> https://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/trac/SqueakCommunityProjects/wiki/squeak_screencasts
>
> Moreover, I'd like to acknowledge our student assistants, Eric Seckler, Robin Schreiber, and Partick Rein for all their help with these screencasts.
>
> We will complete the list of available screencasts step by step.
> If you have any wishes for new videos and feedback to existing ones, please let us know.
>
> Best regards,
> Michael

Great resource, thanks! Including easy download links is also much
appreciated.

-D

Re: [ANN] Squeak Beginner Screencasts

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Michael Perscheid wrote
Now, I'd like to announce that we make these videos available for the community.
Great! I forwarded your message to Geert to see if we can get them added to the world.st video page.

Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: [ANN] Squeak Beginner Screencasts

K K Subbu
On Thursday 03 Nov 2011 4:24:41 PM Michael Perscheid wrote:
>Moreover, I'd like to acknowledge our student assistants, Eric Seckler, Robin
>Schreiber, and Partick Rein for all their help with these screencasts.
>
> We will complete the list of available screencasts step by step.
> If you have any wishes for new videos and feedback to existing ones, please
> let us know
Excellent! It is very nice of your students who have put in so much effort into
making these videos to share with the community.

Will these be available over Youtube/iTunes too? This will allow direct
viewing on smart tvs and smartphones.

Thanks .. Subbu

Re: [ANN] Squeak Beginner Screencasts

Michael Perscheid
Hi Subbu

> Will these be available over Youtube/iTunes too? This will allow direct
> viewing on smart tvs and smartphones.

So far, we are not planing to do support Youtube.
We prefer to use our restricted time for more content and new screencasts.
Regarding the streaming possibilities on smartphones etc., we hope that the software of such devices will be improved to support our HTML5 videos in the next time.

Best regards,
Michael